'This page isn't working'

Insity

May 17, 2017
Hello, recently I have opened a habbo retro and I just added having users vote for my retro. This has worked well for other users, they have been able to freely log in but some are sending me complaints saying they're having an error; This page isn't working.
I still haven't found a solution, hence the reason to message on here. If I could get some help and feedback it would be appreciated <3_<3

Thank you :)
view.php

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Firstly can we move away from the assumption that he's using rev. Giving him "advise" like "it's supposed to be {url} not {hotelurl}" isnt helping anyone, it could very well be {cunt} for all we know.

Secondly the base url DOES NOT need to have a revision tag attached to it and in all honestly sometimes it's better not to have one (saves having duplicate data in every revision folder).

But now to get ontopic, with findretros it can be a hit or miss in my opinion. Having a script which redirects the client to another website is bad imo, there are so many factors involved that could go wrong in this process, one being that findretros could go down... then what? Don't get me wrong, it very very rarely does but these are all things to consider.

If you're using it to monitor activity maybe try using something else, or creating a small script of your own. You'll be far better of having a small area in the housekeeping showing progress, when the peak hours our, where the majority's of the user base are from, ext, ext.

The other big thing you need to think about aswell is the fact that there are bigger hotels which gain more traction than you will, no unsuspecting visitor sives through 5 pages to find your hotel with 2 votes a day and thinks "yeah what a great hotel thats gunna be" (no offence), unless their either an advertiser or somebody who wants to cause trouble.

There are multiple solutions posted in this thread aswell as many tutorial threads detailing how to set voting up correctly. Just be sure to consider some of the things I've said and if it's something you sure you want, to follow the steps correctly otherwise we'll be at square one again.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Having a script which redirects the client to another website is bad imo, there are so many factors involved that could go wrong in this process, one being that findretros could go down... then what?
Pretty sure in the official API there's a check to see if it's down, if it is then it'll proceed to the target URL.

Users who are viewing this thread