The Controversial Practices of Habba Hotel (habba.io)

Temo

Feb 4, 2024
Owners: Rain/Josh and Sim/Simran

Habba Hotel (habba.io) has been known to engage in questionable practices to enhance its standing on FindRetros, ultimately boosting its popularity and user appeal. The platform employs various active bots simultaneously, using the Addbot command to artificially inflate user counts and manipulate room populations. To maintain its position in the FindRetros rankings, Habba.io employs tactics such as examining traffic logs and utilizing auto-clickers to register false votes. This not only misrepresents the hotel's popularity but also undermines fair competition among retro hotel platforms. Additionally, Habba.io has been accused of launching DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks against rival hotels. This malicious behavior results in significant downtime for affected services, leading to increased costs for enhanced website protection and potential data risks. Such tactics are employed to poach user bases, creating a misleading sense of stability within the community.

Security is another major concern for Habba.io users. The platform reportedly stores all user passwords and IP addresses in plaintext, lacking any form of encryption. As of October 23, 2023, reports indicate that this security vulnerability exposes users to significant risks regarding their privacy. The implications of such negligence could extend beyond the Habbo retro community, potentially allowing unauthorized access to users' emails, social media accounts, and payment platforms. In conclusion, while Habba Hotel may seek to enhance its appeal and standing in the retro hotel community, its reliance on unethical practices and disregard for user security raise serious concerns. Users should be cautious and informed about the risks associated with using the platform.

I've posted some evidence below also:

You must be registered for see images attach

Liam

smooth and dynamic
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
mayweather-for-you.gif

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
If any of those practises is true, then that's a shame, especially the ddosing part - I'd go as far as to say if it were up to me, they should be deplatformed/banned from findretros & devbest in such case.

Regarding accessing accounts without knowing or touching their password, is not an uncommon theme on a lot of platforms - also outside of the retro world, it's refered to as "Impersonation" how ever it should only be used with pure intentions (e.g. support cases) or if the account was used to heavily exploit something or were being used to scam/steal things.

Last edited:

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
lol, where do I begin? Botting isn't anything unusual. Boon do it and so do other retros but no it's okay lets blame Habba. Oh habba are booting Habhub - nothing new retros all boot each other and the fact that I was there when Liam wouldn't reset/help Josh leading to the findretros account being banned/deleted at all due to the hate between Liam and Josh is petty in itself Regarding in terms of the old thread... Habba was getting attacked on all sides and in order to figure out the issue Josh has lowered the security to figure out where the attack is happening and in the process of doing so the leakage happened. Again Josh has admitted to his mistake in that but it's been resolved. If people are going to hate on Habba then keep on hating lmao, Habba has a strong community and will remain strong.

anyways thanks for another hate thread, this has made my coffee. back to coding pce o/

I already know who is behind this thread and if I'm honest, it's very disappointing.

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
I mean as far as the fake user count and bots, I could of told you that within 2 minutes of logging in, fresh also used to do it but nobody cared.

The DDoSing, Josh man that's fucked up, seems out of character for as long as I've known you, I know Liams a cunt but he's a good loveable little guy.

The auto clicker thing is bullshit though, you can't force somebodys browser to vote on an external website for you, I'm gonna assume he just used vpns.

The passwords were plaintext at one point, I suggested he change them to blowfish after they'd been exploited either earlier in the year or last year and I'm pretty sure they were all changed.

I suggest all parties get their shit together and grow up, because it's shit like this that lead to the downfall of our awful (once great) community.

Liam

smooth and dynamic
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
lol, where do I begin? Botting isn't anything unusual. Boon do it and so do other retros but no it's okay lets blame Habba. Oh habba are booting Habhub - nothing new retros all boot each other and the fact that I was there when Liam wouldn't reset/help Josh leading to the findretros account being banned/deleted at all due to the hate between Liam and Josh is petty in itself Regarding in terms of the old thread... Habba was getting attacked on all sides and in order to figure out the issue Josh has lowered the security to figure out where the attack is happening and in the process of doing so the leakage happened. Again Josh has admitted to his mistake in that but it's been resolved. If people are going to hate on Habba then keep on hating lmao, Habba has a strong community and will remain strong.

anyways thanks for another hate thread, this has made my coffee. back to coding pce o/

I already know who is behind this thread and if I'm honest, it's very disappointing.
Mods cannot reset passwords. I didn't refuse. I have nothing against Rain, making it out to be mutual hate only shows your ignorance towards the real issues. I am surprised at this myself as I just get on with my own stuff.

If Boon and other retros do it, you should really back up your claims with evidence though, just saying...

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011

Just to clarify btw, boon doesn't and has never botted user count.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010

Habboon bot's the user count / users, or voting count? I can't show anything for votes, but if it is done - it's unauthorised.

Would love to know how/why you think this though.

--

Attached a video of some analytics (Cloudflare, Google & Grafana), in which you can see our relatively consistent 6 month trend.

Also showed some queries being run, and the read only client count that updates the database.

Yes, obviously - I could be hiding things, and could create some sort of fake users - but I'm not, whether you believe me or not - I'm not too bothered.

We're a dying community as it is, creating artificial users doesn't benefit anyone.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Yeah fair enough, I did boot Liam. No pw reset for my account, then was banned the instant I made another account. Nothing but just taking the piss when I was tryna get my account back. I was fkin salty, but don't misperceive it's not like I run around booting ever sod. Might be hard to take my word for it though and I don't blame yas. Don't play all innocent and "I can't reset the pw" Because even tho you might not have access to it you definitely could have helped. You've always been a bit of a dick mr liam, I literally dmed you saying hi when I came back to retros and you ignored it and proceeded to bash me/my hotel elsewhere on the forums.

The vote boosting was months ago when we had a large dip in traffic after the GSM community went back to GSM, it was only a few days before i realised it was pointless and I didn't have time to do it every day, yeah I shouldn't have done this, but I can provide proof that our website does get the daily votes we have been obtaining. We get between 1-2k uniques a day, around 8k a week

The votes over the past few months were not boosted.

As for addbot, what bigger hotel doesn't have a bot feature 😭 It's the best way to populate an event room when the hotels a bit quiet, gets people to come to the room and play events.. Anybody who's been on habba for a while knows the bots fish mince geography and hearts.. It's nothing new or surprising.

I'm not even going to say much about the link to that other forum post, because the entire thing was bullshit and a large attempt to paint a picture about habba that just wasnt't true. In the comments I already explained what happened and don't need to do it again.

How come I've been permanently banned when other retros such as jordz' was suspended for two weeks? I don't advertise on other retros, you wouldn't see me on habhub advertising, I pull my traffic from paid ads on facebook and tiktok, have invested a significant amount of money to keep this community alive, and findretros significantly helps with that.
If you really don't have any hate towards me then let's end this beef right here, but that starts with you treating me the same as you would treat other people.

This is nothing more than an old owner trying to rip down the community she chose to leave. Apparently if she cant have it nobody can!

Please don't ruin what we've all built. Does this nonsense really warrant a permanent ban when I really haven't hurt or effected anybody? It wasn't like I booted you for months I sent one attack in a moment of rage from a free booter 😂 It literally worked for 5 minutes.. Try not to give me too much credit

Lifes busy for me, Habba has become something that keeps my household afloat.. it's not exactly just a game anymore, and it would be pretty damaging to loose over a post that has been written with great intent to wound me.
Post automatically merged:

If any of those practises is true, then that's a shame, especially the ddosing part - I'd go as far as to say if it were up to me, they should be deplatformed/banned from findretros & devbest in such case.

Regarding accessing accounts without knowing or touching their password, is not an uncommon theme on a lot of platforms - also outside of the retro world, it's refered to as "Impersonation" how ever it should only be used with pure intentions (e.g. support cases) or if the account was used to heavily exploit something or were being used to scam/steal things.
Unfortunately I did use a free booter to send an attack, I'm not sure it did much but I did get pissed off and do it, not something I do tho. Believe me or don't
As for the second part, you hit the nail on the head. We won't just go on peoples accounts for no reason, if they need help with something or its older than 6 months we will recycle the rares for economy. It's been regularly posted that accounts older than 6 months are susceptible to loose their rares.

Last edited:

adore

Feb 18, 2024
Yeah fair enough, I did boot Liam. No pw reset for my account, then was banned the instant I made another account. Nothing but just taking the piss when I was tryna get my account back. I was fkin salty, but don't misperceive it's not like I run around booting ever sod. Might be hard to take my word for it though and I don't blame yas. Don't play all innocent and "I can't reset the pw" Because even tho you might not have access to it you definitely could have helped. You've always been a bit of a dick mr liam, I literally dmed you saying hi when I came back to retros and you ignored it and proceeded to bash me/my hotel elsewhere on the forums.

The vote boosting was months ago when we had a large dip in traffic after the GSM community went back to GSM, it was only a few days before i realised it was pointless and I didn't have time to do it every day, yeah I shouldn't have done this, but I can provide proof that our website does get the daily votes we have been obtaining. We get between 1-2k uniques a day, around 8k a week

As for addbot, what bigger hotel doesn't have a bot feature 😭 It's the best way to populate an event room when the hotels a bit quiet, gets people to come to the room and play events.. Anybody who's been on habba for a while knows the bots fish mince geography and hearts.. It's nothing new or surprising.

I'm not even going to say much about the link to that other forum post, because the entire thing was bullshit and a large attempt to paint a picture about habba that just wasnt't true. In the comments I already explained what happened and don't need to do it again.

How come I've been permanently banned when other retros such as jordz' was suspended for two weeks? I don't advertise on other retros, you wouldn't see me on habhub advertising, I pull my traffic from paid ads on facebook and tiktok, have invested a significant amount of money to keep this community alive, and findretros significantly helps with that.
If you really don't have any hate towards me then let's end this beef right here, but that starts with you treating me the same as you would treat other people.

This is nothing more than an old owner trying to rip down the community she chose to leave. Apparently if she cant have it nobody can!

Please don't ruin what we've all built. Does this nonsense really warrant a permanent ban when I really haven't hurt or effected anybody? It wasn't like I booted you for months I sent one attack in a moment of rage from a free booter 😂 It literally worked for 5 minutes.. Try not to give me too much credit

Lifes busy for me, Habba has become something that keeps my household afloat.. it's not exactly just a game anymore, and it would be pretty damaging to loose over a post that has been written with great intent to wound me.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately I did use a free booter to send an attack, I'm not sure it did much but I did get pissed off and do it, not something I do tho. Believe me or don't
As for the second part, you hit the nail on the head. We won't just go on peoples accounts for no reason, if they need help with something or its older than 6 months we will recycle the rares for economy. It's been regularly posted that accounts older than 6 months are susceptible to loose their rares.
must suck to be banned with no explanation..

"As for the second part, you hit the nail on the head. We won't just go on peoples accounts for no reason, if they need help with something or its older than 6 months we will recycle the rares for economy. It's been regularly posted that accounts older than 6 months are susceptible to loose their rares."

Did this rule change over night? You had no issue going in and taking my shit after being banned for 24 days!

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
must suck to be banned with no explanation..
You were working with grae and geo and tom to pinch habbas staff and users... the shit talking on hotel, egging staff on to quit, and directly dming staff to poach is more than enough of a reason. Denying it is pointless because I saw you conversations with them, I know yall was all aware. I won't be arguing with you on here that's for sure.
There is a reason I blocked you on discord.
Nice one with this post, hope you feel accomplished. In the end it's not me you rdirectly hurting, it's the community on Habba and potentially my household.

Temo

Feb 4, 2024
Hi, Josh. Crazy to assume who you think this is, but we know the damage you've caused, I'm not saying I'm no angel myself, however what your doing is straight up manipulating. Anyway, thats all from me. Have a good day, karma is a blessing.

adore

Feb 18, 2024
You were working with grae and geo and tom to pinch habbas staff and users... the shit talking on hotel, egging staff on to quit, and directly dming staff to poach is more than enough of a reason. Denying it is pointless because I saw you conversations with them, I know yall was all aware. I won't be arguing with you on here that's for sure.
There is a reason I blocked you on discord.
Nice one with this post, hope you feel accomplished. In the end it's not me you rdirectly hurting, it's the community on Habba and potentially my household.
I don't care about pinching users lol, if users wanna follow they can. You can reply to me on a dev best post now because you reputation is being damaged but you didn't care about what you were doing directly to me and everyone else at the time did you? You decided to ban me and block me instead of discussing, dont turn this round on me I think you forget who carried your hotel for months on end while you made money off it.

I didn't post this, and if I did I would of added alot more.. fair play to whoever did post it though! It was only a matter of time until you were caught up on your unfair acts. People like you are what makes the retro community unfair. Its 2024 retros are DYING if your relying on an online game to hold up your gaff then maybe its time to consider a job...

Liam

smooth and dynamic
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013

You shouldn't even own a server. Your ego is so big that you try to play dumb until you realise the evidence is public.

You morons use the same excuse until you get caught. Talk about ruining what has been built.. You do that yourself. I couldn't care less about a ranking, but the site is definitely better without people like you on it, cheating their way to the top and attacking others because you're falling behind. Maybe if you spent more time on your own project, you would do better.

FYI, each suspension is unique. Others have received permanent bans for continuing after a 2 week suspension. YOU have been doing this for years on previous hotels: and I won't be removing your suspension because you claim there's an issue on my side.

The FindRetros owner replied to you himself, what more did you want me to do?

Visitors does not = votes. Especially if you have to fake them. (I couldn't care less if you bot users or DDoS me, but when you play victim when you're caught out for abusing a system that should be fair, there's the issue.)

As for affecting your household..... this is not how you would behave in a real life environment. Perhaps this is not the right job for you.

Also, sorry I didn't respond to your "hi" message.

Diddy

Aug 14, 2011
This is crazy behaviour. Any kind of botting is dishonest, and to me personally, if you're willing to bot, what else are you doing that you're hiding?

Why do retros need to feud with each other? Instead, spend your time creating new features that users may be interested in and focus on yourself instead of other hotels - out of jealousy. Why can retros not help each other and encourage each other? It would make a better environment.

DDoSing is immature and serves no purpose 'even if it was done because someones salty'.

TLDR: Grow up and help each other. Be mature.

(Not directed at any particular hotel. Just a general take that these silly games and arguments are immature and hotel owners should be the better person and be mature about disagreements)

Also, complaining because you're banned, I would say, achieves nothing. Unhappy with any one persons actions I would consider approaching their 'supervisor' and discussing not taking it out on people. Again my take and how I would approach things in the real world.

Sarbaz

Sailing the seas of moldy cheese! :)
Nov 8, 2013
Ashame this community is still in the same state it's been for years. Haven't gotten better one bit... yeah we all make mistakes and sometimes our ego/pride may lead to us doing unfair and uncalled for shit. I'm guilty of finding myself making that mistake and going back and fourth with users who exposed and called me out on giving false information/updates. But the truth of the matter is, this "community" we are in is filled with friendly competition and sometimes bitter competition. As far as the inaccurate usercount, I can't say much about it. It's been a normal thing for awhile but with the community dying it's almost always recognizable when someone is faking their users. But for my experience on both HabHub and Habba, they both have actual communities and are possibly the only 2 retros other than Boon with constant in-game activity. Respect to both owners!

Users who are viewing this thread