The Controversial Practices of Habba Hotel (habba.io)

Temo

Feb 4, 2024
Owners: Rain/Josh and Sim/Simran

Habba Hotel (habba.io) has been known to engage in questionable practices to enhance its standing on FindRetros, ultimately boosting its popularity and user appeal. The platform employs various active bots simultaneously, using the Addbot command to artificially inflate user counts and manipulate room populations. To maintain its position in the FindRetros rankings, Habba.io employs tactics such as examining traffic logs and utilizing auto-clickers to register false votes. This not only misrepresents the hotel's popularity but also undermines fair competition among retro hotel platforms. Additionally, Habba.io has been accused of launching DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks against rival hotels. This malicious behavior results in significant downtime for affected services, leading to increased costs for enhanced website protection and potential data risks. Such tactics are employed to poach user bases, creating a misleading sense of stability within the community.

Security is another major concern for Habba.io users. The platform reportedly stores all user passwords and IP addresses in plaintext, lacking any form of encryption. As of October 23, 2023, reports indicate that this security vulnerability exposes users to significant risks regarding their privacy. The implications of such negligence could extend beyond the Habbo retro community, potentially allowing unauthorized access to users' emails, social media accounts, and payment platforms. In conclusion, while Habba Hotel may seek to enhance its appeal and standing in the retro hotel community, its reliance on unethical practices and disregard for user security raise serious concerns. Users should be cautious and informed about the risks associated with using the platform.

I've posted some evidence below also:

You must be registered for see images attach

Liam

smooth and dynamic
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
mayweather-for-you.gif

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
If any of those practises is true, then that's a shame, especially the ddosing part - I'd go as far as to say if it were up to me, they should be deplatformed/banned from findretros & devbest in such case.

Regarding accessing accounts without knowing or touching their password, is not an uncommon theme on a lot of platforms - also outside of the retro world, it's refered to as "Impersonation" how ever it should only be used with pure intentions (e.g. support cases) or if the account was used to heavily exploit something or were being used to scam/steal things.

Last edited:

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
lol, where do I begin? Botting isn't anything unusual. Boon do it and so do other retros but no it's okay lets blame Habba. Oh habba are booting Habhub - nothing new retros all boot each other and the fact that I was there when Liam wouldn't reset/help Josh leading to the findretros account being banned/deleted at all due to the hate between Liam and Josh is petty in itself Regarding in terms of the old thread... Habba was getting attacked on all sides and in order to figure out the issue Josh has lowered the security to figure out where the attack is happening and in the process of doing so the leakage happened. Again Josh has admitted to his mistake in that but it's been resolved. If people are going to hate on Habba then keep on hating lmao, Habba has a strong community and will remain strong.

anyways thanks for another hate thread, this has made my coffee. back to coding pce o/

I already know who is behind this thread and if I'm honest, it's very disappointing.

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
I mean as far as the fake user count and bots, I could of told you that within 2 minutes of logging in, fresh also used to do it but nobody cared.

The DDoSing, Josh man that's fucked up, seems out of character for as long as I've known you, I know Liams a cunt but he's a good loveable little guy.

The auto clicker thing is bullshit though, you can't force somebodys browser to vote on an external website for you, I'm gonna assume he just used vpns.

The passwords were plaintext at one point, I suggested he change them to blowfish after they'd been exploited either earlier in the year or last year and I'm pretty sure they were all changed.

I suggest all parties get their shit together and grow up, because it's shit like this that lead to the downfall of our awful (once great) community.

Liam

smooth and dynamic
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
lol, where do I begin? Botting isn't anything unusual. Boon do it and so do other retros but no it's okay lets blame Habba. Oh habba are booting Habhub - nothing new retros all boot each other and the fact that I was there when Liam wouldn't reset/help Josh leading to the findretros account being banned/deleted at all due to the hate between Liam and Josh is petty in itself Regarding in terms of the old thread... Habba was getting attacked on all sides and in order to figure out the issue Josh has lowered the security to figure out where the attack is happening and in the process of doing so the leakage happened. Again Josh has admitted to his mistake in that but it's been resolved. If people are going to hate on Habba then keep on hating lmao, Habba has a strong community and will remain strong.

anyways thanks for another hate thread, this has made my coffee. back to coding pce o/

I already know who is behind this thread and if I'm honest, it's very disappointing.
Mods cannot reset passwords. I didn't refuse. I have nothing against Rain, making it out to be mutual hate only shows your ignorance towards the real issues. I am surprised at this myself as I just get on with my own stuff.

If Boon and other retros do it, you should really back up your claims with evidence though, just saying...

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011

Just to clarify btw, boon doesn't and has never botted user count.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010

Habboon bot's the user count / users, or voting count? I can't show anything for votes, but if it is done - it's unauthorised.

Would love to know how/why you think this though.

--

Attached a video of some analytics (Cloudflare, Google & Grafana), in which you can see our relatively consistent 6 month trend.

Also showed some queries being run, and the read only client count that updates the database.

Yes, obviously - I could be hiding things, and could create some sort of fake users - but I'm not, whether you believe me or not - I'm not too bothered.

We're a dying community as it is, creating artificial users doesn't benefit anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread