Tango, a forum API suited for existing project deployments. (GraphQL, Sequelize)

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Tango is a forum API suited for existing project deployments. The project uses Passport for authentication and GraphQL for handling API requests.

There are no UI elements, only the GraphQL API which will handle requests from your frontend!

Progress​

it is currently in active development, but it will take some time before I can do an official release. However, the not-so-elegant code can be viewed on right now.

Aim​

The aim of this project is to create a forum API that is able to use your existing project's front and back end. For example, hooking into your current project's user table for authentication.

In order to do so, Tango uses a plugin system for every single component (including sessions, posts, settings). This means a very flexible backend that is easily modifiable for your use case!

Expectations​

I don't expect this to take off as I believe other forum solutions do it way better, but this is my way of solving a problem that exists somewhere and someone might need it if they come across this.

This is also a learning experience to keep me sane and on my toes during my conscription which will last 2 years (boo!)

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I like these little projects you work on. Good luck with it :)

Don’t concern yourself with whether you think people will actually use it. Just go along with it for the educational experiences you’ll pick up along the way. Plus, hosting it on GitHub during development is great because it gives other people the chance to see the timeline of a project like this, and your choices throughout the process due to the commits you make.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
For the moment, I have released the version with a traditional RESTful API named Rikka.

Users who are viewing this thread