sUS [OOP, PHP, MySQL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
This is pretty good! I haven't seen an actual and active development for user systems. It's been months since the last existence of one, it's even postponed and soon abandoned.

Hoping for the good end result of this `sUS`. :)
Cheers man, glad you like it. :)

I'm just coding the PHP to the installer now, I ended up going my nans for a while after uni. :p

Tronscript

Aug 18, 2012
you are using MySQLi, correct? I heard MySQL will soon be removed from PHP.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Well, he might as well switch to MySQLi now.

I doubt he will, as MySQLi would be much more " hard" for people who shall be using this release.
the reaosn why he's using MySQL as it is easy and friendly to "beginners".

Tronscript

Aug 18, 2012
I doubt he will, as MySQLi would be much more " hard" for people who shall be using this release.
the reaosn why he's using MySQL as it is easy and friendly to "beginners".
But when MySQL is gone, it won't work all together... you will need to update it, please MySQLi isn't even freaking hard...

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
But when MySQL is gone, it won't work all together... you will need to update it, please MySQLi isn't even freaking hard...

I didn't say it's hard to me, i said it's hard to "beginners", hence why he's using MySQL.
Anyways, i'm sure he will find a solution to solve this problem.

Tronscript

Aug 18, 2012
I didn't say it's hard to me, i said it's hard to "beginners", hence why he's using MySQL.
Anyways, i'm sure he will find a solution to solve this problem.
There is no work around... when MySQL is removed, any MySQL functions will just throw errors. It is mandatory, from what I hear.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Version 2 will be MySQLi. I read that they are not completely removing it, most things rely on MySQL so they can't completely rip it out.

With regards to the installer, it's working, now I just need to make sure it will insert all the SQL code, and insert your admin account!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I see you managed to sUS it out Then ^^

(Get it jaja)
What you did there, I see it.

Here's a look at the system and the installation system, and don't worry, I'll be changing the URL :-D

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
How close are you to finishing it, Because I really want to use it :p

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
PHP 5.4 will definitely work for sUS then right?
I can't see them completely ripping out the whole MySQL functions, lots of stuff will still use MySQL, maybe they just won't be updating those functions any more, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread