Not open for further replies.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
sUS (simpleUserSystem)
by Mark Eriksson​
What is sUS?
sUS is essentially what it says on the tin, a simpleUserSystem. It is developed in OOP PHP and makes full use of the and framework libraries.​
Why is sUS being developed?
I am developing sUS for several reasons:​
  1. I haven't developed anything major in a while
  2. I am constantly getting asked to develop user systems for people, so I figured making one and releasing to all would save me time
  3. I do actually enjoy developing things and releasing them as most of the time it helps people
  4. I get bored very easily
Who is developing sUS?
Currently it is just myself, (m0nsta.), and I intend to keep it that way as I prefer to work alone in projects like this.

What are the current features of sUS?
  1. OOP (everyone seems to be loving OOP at the minute)
  2. Clean, fast and easy-to-read code
  3. Documented code
  4. Small and easy-to-understand MySQL database
  5. Twitter's Bootstrap -- everyone loves Bootstrap, right?
  6. Custom classes (ties in with OOP) for the MySQL database engine, users, messages and core system
  7. Very secure against MySQL injections, XSS injections, etc
  8. Vanity URLs on user profiles (eg: )
  9. Login
  10. Register
  11. Reset Password
  12. User Profiles
  13. Write on user's Walls
  14. Contact form
  15. Update password/email/profile information/profile picture
  16. A nice, nifty installer
  17. A very powerful admin dashboard
  18. Very secure passwords - uses a custom hasher
What is being worked on in the future?
I only started sUS about 5 days ago (29/11/2012) and have so far made pretty good progress considering I'm voluntarily working alone. Here is a short list of features that I plan to implement into sUS before V1 is released publicly.
  1. A very powerful Admin CP
Screenshots
I'm sure you're all wetting yourselves with excitement, so I figured I should show you some screenshots of sUS (I didn't just choose to do this, I would be contradicting my own section rules if I never)

1352005009-Screenshot_17.png

Expected Release Date
Well basically all I need to do is the pending features that I have listed above and then I can finally release sUS.

How much will sUS cost?
Don't be daft. How often do I release something and put a price on it?! Of course it's free and open to everyone.

sUS is free software and can be modified under the condition that you leave credits where due to the original developer, (m0nsta.).

I hope you enjoyed reading this thread and also hope that you are looking forward to the release of sUS V1.

Best wishes,
Mark Eriksson.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Great work mark, defently going to use it or otherwise use it for my "study" proposes, thanks & good luck.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
This looks awesome :up:

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Sex, just sex.

Can't wait for the release, you always come up with the most amazing work.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Nice. I remember a while back you made a nice simple user system, but this looks was advanced from that of last release. Good luck!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Great work mark, defently going to use it or otherwise use it for my "study" proposes, thanks & good luck.
Cheers Khalil, remember, you're my little guinea pig in this project!

This looks awesome :up:
Thanks Sean!

Pretty cool Mark, I look forward to see the end result.
Thanks Rasta! Shouldn't be too far away now. Nearly finished.

Also, to anyone wondering (I doubt there is, but I just thought I'd point it out), the reason my name is "m0nsta" on the screenshots but is "m0nsta." on DevBest is because I blocked symbols being used in usernames, you can only use letters and numbers.

Bootstrap is so overrated dude. i'd give you the highest kudos to use a different library, rather than following the bandwagon, and using bootstrap. It's fucking stupid.
Maybe so, maybe so. But I used Bootstrap as a temporary measure to be honest. My aim for the project is for people to look at the code, more-or-less learn it and implement it into their own systems with their own layouts. I didn't want to design and code my own layout because every time I do, someone steals it.

Sex, just sex.

Can't wait for the release, you always come up with the most amazing work.
Cheers Lepos! The release should be long! And thanks! :D

Nice. I remember a while back you made a nice simple user system, but this looks was advanced from that of last release. Good luck!
Thanks CookieMonsta, yeah that one was terrible, absolutely terrible. This is, like you said, much more advanced than that but still pretty simple. :p

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
The private messaging system is almost complete! Here is a snapshot of it so far:

So all I need to do is add a few finishing touches to the messaging system, do the Admin CP/dashboard and then develop an installer and sUS V1 is ready to be released.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
The private messaging system is almost complete! Here is a snapshot of it so far:

So all I need to do is add a few finishing touches to the messaging system, do the Admin CP/dashboard and then develop an installer and sUS V1 is ready to be released.
Sexy!

Mee

May 4, 2012
Looks great so far! Here are some of my recommendations:

1. Members list and easier to find people i.e. search system like Facebook.
2. Keep the edit navigation more sorted like XenoForo i.e. Personal Details, Contact Details, Preferences instead of having seperate pages for each edit i.e. edit password when it could be in personal details.
3. Use Ajax navigation/pages so pages load faster, dunno what you call this.
4. Make some "add-ons" for sUS like XenForo. Addons should be like values system released on your website which people may want to install onto sUS.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Looks great so far! Here are some of my recommendations:

1. Members list and easier to find people i.e. search system like Facebook.
2. Keep the edit navigation more sorted like XenoForo i.e. Personal Details, Contact Details, Preferences instead of having seperate pages for each edit i.e. edit password when it could be in personal details.
3. Use Ajax navigation/pages so pages load faster, dunno what you call this.
4. Make some "add-ons" for sUS like XenForo. Addons should be like values system released on your website which people may want to install onto sUS.

1. He already had a members page but he removed it, and he got started on search engine but i don't know if he will work on it again or not.
2. It's easier to have seperate pages for each edit.

I cannot answer for the rest as i'm not the developer, pm here or wait for him to reply.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I will eventually get round to a members page and search page, but they're not my main priorities at the minute.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Here's a preview of the installer:
1352194234-Screenshot_1.png

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I will eventually get round to a members page and search page, but they're not my main priorities at the minute.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Here's a preview of the installer:
1352194234-Screenshot_1.png

Ahh, so i see you've already got started on the installer, looking great.
Maybe post some snippets ?
anyways, it looks great, good luck.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Ahh, so i see you've already got started on the installer, looking great.
Maybe post some snippets ?
anyways, it looks great, good luck.
The installer has no actual code, I've only designed the layout :p

But cheers :D

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
This is pretty good! I haven't seen an actual and active development for user systems. It's been months since the last existence of one, it's even postponed and soon abandoned.

Hoping for the good end result of this `sUS`. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread