BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Zeus

Using the latest technologies Zeus powers Habbo in HTML5
The GraphQL server is powered by Nest, Apollo, Prisma and PostreSQL
The game client itself is using Angular, Apollo, GraphQL and Pixi.js

I'll do a roadmap soon enough.

Why do we need this?
Habbo is slow and poorly coded, it's using old and deprecated software and have done that for way too long.
Flash is gonna be unsupported in all browsers by 2020, and if you take a look at the rate of the current retro development
it's unlikely there'll ever be one by then if nobody takes the time to actually save the future of retros.

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Github & Gitlab update
StormCMS and this project have been merged together into a single project, as this Engine needs to be run in a JS environment anyway.
Also I've decided to move the project repository to a private repo on Gitlab, since I don't want habtards cloning it, rename it and claim it as theirs.
Happened once with another project, ain't gonna let it happen again.

If you want access to the repository, just create a Gitlab user and ask for permission.

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I've decided to go with React and Mobx for the GUI instead of Pixi.js as I want a completely fresh and modern design for the entire Habbo client and it's better done using HTML and CSS.
It'll not be very Habboish as I want something new, because I've grown tired of looking at the same shit over and over for years.

Last edited:

Mystical

Feb 13, 2018
Amazing, just wow, Considering chrome is going to be outing Flash, what you are developing may well save Habbo Retros :D

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Amazing, just wow, Considering chrome is going to be outing Flash, what you are developing may well save Habbo Retros :D
All browsers will stop supporting Flash by 2020.
And thanks, I just need a designer, or at least put some time into learning CSS properly.

Zachariah

Aug 26, 2017
Best of luck with this mate, and I'm pretty sure habbo said they have a plan whenever flash stops working and etc. There's articles about it

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Best of luck with this mate, and I'm pretty sure habbo said they have a plan whenever flash stops working and etc. There's articles about it
From what I've heard they're ditching the web version and focusing on the mobile version.

Zachariah

Aug 26, 2017
I saw it on a fansite that follows Habbo, probably not the english version but yeah
> <

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I saw it on a fansite that follows Habbo, probably not the english version but yeah
> <
Yes but it didn't explicitly say for the web, which indeed mean they could ditch it.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I will be using for state management, and for designing.
This means that there'll be mulitple themes and that users can customize the GUI colors in any way they want.

The room floor is now getting drawn instead of using sprites.
This means faster performance, way smoother, cooler and customizable tiles compared to the native ones.
Floor thickness can be changed using an integer, which means you can widen it in exact pixels.
Next I'll be moving onto adding stairs.

The floor is being generated using an array containing X, Y and Z coordinates
Example:
[[3,2],[0,0],[3,3],[0,1],[0,2],[0,3],[1,0],[1,1],[1,2],[1,3],[2,0],[2,1],[2,2],[3,0],[3,1],[4,0],[4,1],[4,2],[4,3],[3,-1,2],[4,-1,2],[2,-1,2],[1,-1,2],[0,-1,2],[-1,0,2],[-1,1,2],[-1,2,2],[-1,3,2],[-1,-1,2]]

That floor data will output this:
gjAFRZf.png

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I've created a Codepen demonstrating how tiles are being generated in case any of you are curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread