Show DevBest [Release] DonkeySnapr BETA 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
wZVw7js3rgCz.png

Hello and welcome to the Official DonkeySnapr Release thread here on DevBest, im sure half of you already know about my development however i thought i'd make an official release thread. DonkeySnapr is still in development however i have decided to release a Functioning BETA release for you all to try out.

DonkeySnapr BETA was officialy realased on 24th March, and so far has had 27 views/downloads, and a few people prior to that to test out.

As this is only a BETA release, The features are only limited, so please bare with me til i fix and code more, will Be adding releases/fixes to THIS thread once i do them. So heres a few features of whats in the BETA:

• When opened, DonkeySnapr will GO TO TASKTRAY (people get confused about this, it is open)
  • Saves files Localy (in DonkeySnapr destination folder) and uploads to Chosen FTP
  • Users can Specify to use their own FTP or to upload to DonkeySnapr.info
  • DonkeySnapr will upload the images in background and will alert via a balloontip when uploaded
  • Image links will be copied directly to clipboard
  • There is ONE hotkey for now which is F7 (when pressed screenshot window will appear) User specific coming soon
  • users can also choose what image quality they want to upload images as
  • DonkeySnapr has its own Cloud like page for images when uploaded via DonkeySnapr option
So you've now seen the BETA features, Whats to come?
  • User specific hotkeys will be coming soon (Where users can choose their hotkeys themselves)
  • Multiple file upload (Drag and drop feature)
  • Start program when windows starts
  • GUI re-do (for settings for now and maybe a GUI for program if i decide to take task tray out)
  • Few code cleanups and improvements + bugfixes
  • Website changes (to main site and cloud page)
  • Many more which i cant think of ^^
Right, thats the main things out the way, now for some FAQ that some users may/already have had problems with.

When i open DonkeySnapr, It doesnt open
As ive already stated, DonkeySnapr opens and goes directy to the task tray (where the system clock is)

When i take a screenshot and it goes to upload i get an error
This is because you havnt specified correct settings, Go to task tray, Right click on DonkeySnapr, click settings, Then go to FTP...Either enter your own details and press save, Or press "Upload to DonkeySnapr" and press save. this should fix the problem

Ive pressed take a screenshot and nothing happens
Wait for a moment or two then the program should enable the screenshot tools. pressing too many times will bring up multiple screenshot frames.

thats all i can think of for now anyway ^^, Please share any ideas, Bugs and/or feedback in the thread thanks, so all you need now is the Download link.

Download link:

some other useful links
Development Thread:
Official Website:
FaceBook Page:

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
OMG, The god has released his new angel :up:
Donkey you are Wonderful, I love this!

+1098472098675830987584320987

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
OMG, The god has released his new angel :up:
Donkey you are Wonderful, I love this!

+1098472098675830987584320987

Lol thanks

Very nice, I like it. Good job.

Also, like the new logo :p

^^ yeah someone made for me but forgot who

Looks awesome! You should work on DonkeySnapr.info though ;)

Thanks, as I mentioned above I'm going to start working on the site soon, I just wanted the bulk of the program done first plus I suck at designing lol

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
sorry for bump :p im gonig to release a quick fix, (helps some people as some got an error who didnt know how to use)

Any ideas/feedback/bugs i should know about before i release the new version? any ideas would be appreciated

New build will have
- Splashscreen
- Simple settings screen (goes away after first run)

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
thanks ^6, hopefully doing an update in a few days or so, Any ideas or bugs you guys wanna share?

i was thinking of re-doing it the way it gets stored etc but think il leave for nw

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I've not downloaded it but it looks good.

You should also add an auto-updater.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Tried to directly view the image and yet it says too many redirections, so I cannot see the logo.

ONT: Downloading DonkeySnapr now! Woo! Finally you've released this .

EDIT (some screenshots for Snapr):
V5fNS.png

This is when you right-click the icon of @DonkeySnapr on your icon tray.

5oMzs.png

'About' tab on the Settings

xXf6F.png

'General' tab on the Settings.. and some funny Windows error at the right.

KXuRc.png

Hotkeys *COMING SOON* tab on Settings

D1id0.png

'FTP settings' tab on Settings

However.. when I tried pushing F7, no screen pops up showing the screenshot.. But when I use the tool on the taskbar, this appears:
YFhcw.png

Then I found out I needed to drag the area to make a box of what part of the screen I should screenshot, and after that, this appears:
oUMEG.png

I am not expecting this but I hope it's on my side and not on DonkeySnapr's.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Tried to directly view the image and yet it says too many redirections, so I cannot see the logo.

ONT: Downloading DonkeySnapr now! Woo! Finally you've released this .

EDIT (some screenshots for Snapr):
V5fNS.png

This is when you right-click the icon of @DonkeySnapr on your icon tray.

5oMzs.png

'About' tab on the Settings

xXf6F.png

'General' tab on the Settings.. and some funny Windows error at the right.

KXuRc.png

Hotkeys *COMING SOON* tab on Settings

D1id0.png

'FTP settings' tab on Settings

However.. when I tried pushing F7, no screen pops up showing the screenshot.. But when I use the tool on the taskbar, this appears:
YFhcw.png

Then I found out I needed to drag the area to make a box of what part of the screen I should screenshot, and after that, this appears:
oUMEG.png

I am not expecting this but I hope it's on my side and not on DonkeySnapr's.

Thanks, your getting TBE error because you havnt filled in your own FTP details, or clicked 'upload to donkeysnapr' do this then save nd it'll work

and Four thanks ^^

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks, your getting TBE error because you havnt filled in your own FTP details, or clicked 'upload to donkeysnapr' do this then save nd it'll work

and Four thanks ^^
I thought it can save to the local folder but thanks. :)

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I thought it can save to the local folder but thanks. :)

Ah yeah it does but still gotta select an option..il make it an option where you can save without uploading next time ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread