Not open for further replies.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Few updates:

As Mark mentioned:
You should also add an auto-updater.
I have now implemented a new Auto-updater, ATM you right click icon in task tray and "check for updates" and it then runs a check, if an update is found you will receive a choice to download or not.

752366198501.png

I also have a new Welcome screen, this just sets the users up as most people got an error last time, Now it asks if you wanna use donkeysnapr or your own FTP, This should help for those who got stuck./errors last time

Also gonna add a few hotlinks too, for full screen capture and selected screen capture, Also adding a Drag nd Drop form, where you gussed it, Can drag and drop pictures from any folder into donkeysnapr to upload.

All i can think of for now will update soon ^^

oh and the Settings, Im thinking of making the Tabs where it says "FTP", "About" etc just a picture lol...

Comments/feedback/ideas/bugs appreciated

[EDIT]

Do you think it would be best to check for Updates when loading the program? or have a menu like it currently does when you right click "check for updates"

Prime

Apr 30, 2012
Oh, this is "awesome".

Few updates:

Do you think it would be best to check for Updates when loading the program? or have a menu like it currently does when you right click "check for updates"
I'd rather have it when loading the program, that way you can make sure people are upto date and not forgetting the awesomeness of this program.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
Few updates:

As Mark mentioned:

I have now implemented a new Auto-updater, ATM you right click icon in task tray and "check for updates" and it then runs a check, if an update is found you will receive a choice to download or not.

752366198501.png

I also have a new Welcome screen, this just sets the users up as most people got an error last time, Now it asks if you wanna use donkeysnapr or your own FTP, This should help for those who got stuck./errors last time

Also gonna add a few hotlinks too, for full screen capture and selected screen capture, Also adding a Drag nd Drop form, where you gussed it, Can drag and drop pictures from any folder into donkeysnapr to upload.

All i can think of for now will update soon ^^

oh and the Settings, Im thinking of making the Tabs where it says "FTP", "About" etc just a picture lol...

Comments/feedback/ideas/bugs appreciated

[EDIT]

Very decent, good to see this sort of advanced-project within the community -> although you should consider releasing this for OS X as us macfags want to try this on OS X as well :)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Job well done with Snapr, especially ScreenSnapr ends the FTP server without returning a successful upload. Here's a test screenshot using DonkeySnapr to upload it to my FTP.

347033718836.png

Although the bad thing is that it doesn't copy to clipboard the url to the photo, which I hope will be worked on. Also the length of the window, the GUI is distorted but I'm sure the features are really alright.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Job well done with Snapr, especially ScreenSnapr ends the FTP server without returning a successful upload. Here's a test screenshot using DonkeySnapr to upload it to my FTP.

347033718836.png

It should copy to te clipboard, sure I done that ^^ and il look at the GUI stuff but I'm gonna update/release the updates version soonish just depends if I can be bothered lol but it'll be released eventually

Although the bad thing is that it doesn't copy to clipboard the url to the photo, which I hope will be worked on. Also the length of the window, the GUI is distorted but I'm sure the features are really alright.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
If Donkey is a good boy and release an API for DonkeySnapr I could port it to OS X.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Okie dokie. I need to find what you have written as it was inside the quote. :oops: I'll be waiting for the next release, also, this is beneficial to retro owners who want to immediately screenshot events rather than pasting it to Paint or PhotoScape to save. ;)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Cannot believe I haven't yet posted in here, but looks nice , I forgot to download this sometime back, 'gna give it a shot now though. :}

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
You would either have to manually put the links into your site, or re-code screensnapr and get it to insert the links into your mysql.

Well that's the only way I see it working :/

(Might be worth asking donkey to build this into donkey snapper)

What they said. Either 'implement it into an existing program or SQL edition. I'd support it and do whatever I can do to make it huge :)
Please, & good luck, Hope to see this :)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Also, here are some annoying things with DonkeySnapr:
  • it opens up all screenshot photos on Windows Photo Gallery, which sucks
  • you can only draw an area from the spot then you can only draw down/up and right, not down/up and left

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
is there a way to not have to images saved on my pc, so i take the snapr and it just give's me the link
and does not save it in the donkey snapr folder?

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
is there a way to not have to images saved on my pc, so i take the snapr and it just give's me the link
and does not save it in the donkey snapr folder?

Yes this is already in the new update that I have given to several users, update will be released to ALL users in a few days time!

Leave any ideas/bugs/features you'd like to see here

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Yes this is already in the new update that I have given to several users, update will be released to ALL users in a few days time!

Leave any ideas/bugs/features you'd like to see here
k thanks looking falward to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread