Show DevBest [Raz0r.]YABS(Yet Another Blogging Software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
YABS(Yet Another Blogging Software) is a simple blogging software that will allow you to make a simple and easy-to-manage blog. It will include a templating system, and 5 starting templates for you to choose from. For now, i only have one template finished, but the others will soon come as well.

Features:

Templating system
Administration panel
Advertisement spot(In EVERY template!)
Simple configuration file
Note: More features may get added as i get further every day, and come up with new ideas at a regular basis!

Progress:
Templating system 100%
Admin panel 79%
Advertisement spot 0%(not started yet)
Simple configuration file 99%

Screenshots:
Index:

Admin cp:

Settings:

Config file:

Questions or suggestions? Please, come forwards.

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
This looks awesome, Sindre! Can't wait for the release so I can test this out ;D

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I can't say anything but that, that is one ugly template, lol. Good luck though ;)

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
I can't say anything but that, that is one ugly template, lol. Good luck though ;)
Yet again i see you're trying to lower my confidence, but don't worry. I've learned to ignore you when trying to do that ;] Anyways, that template is actually pretty good, and it's the only working template i've made so far. Just started on the Default template (removed the old one as the CSS was so fucked i cba'd do anything about it, that template that where Default before was VERY old aswell). Also, i forgot to mention the commenting system! It'll be Facebook implemented, so that you'll post comments to posts via your facebook account. This is just a simple security statement due to so many harassing, insulting and so on via regular commenting systems. Not to mention the spam they can get caused by spambots.

But thanks!

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Yet again i see you're trying to lower my confidence, but don't worry. I've learned to ignore you when trying to do that ;] Anyways, that template is actually pretty good, and it's the only working template i've made so far. Just started on the Default template (removed the old one as the CSS was so fucked i cba'd do anything about it, that template that where Default before was VERY old aswell). Also, i forgot to mention the commenting system! It'll be Facebook implemented, so that you'll post comments to posts via your facebook account. This is just a simple security statement due to so many harassing, insulting and so on via regular commenting systems. Not to mention the spam they can get caused by spambots.

But thanks!

Don't take is as a 'you suck' comment, but you really need to improve -- ask anyone and they will tell you that template is unappealing, sorry but it's true.

Again, good luck.

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
Don't take is as a 'you suck' comment, but you really need to improve -- ask anyone and they will tell you that template is unappealing, sorry but it's true.

Again, good luck.
i made it in a matter of few minutes, it's supposed to be basic, and was originally based around habbo. That may be why it "sucks". I just didn't bother at that time create another template, therefore i decided to add this into the templates folder. I promise, the Default template and the 3 other templates will be more appealing.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
i made it in a matter of few minutes, it's supposed to be basic, and was originally based around habbo. That may be why it "sucks". I just didn't bother at that time create another template, therefore i decided to add this into the templates folder. I promise, the Default template and the 3 other templates will be more appealing.

I never said it 'sucked', but ok. Glad to hear you got a few others :)

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
But the template does suck.. The colors do not even complement each other, the border radius is to high, etc.

Regardless, I know that you are learning, and we all have to start somewhere. I look forward to seeing you progress with this project.

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
But the template does suck.. The colors do not even complement each other, the border radius is to high, etc.

Regardless, I know that you are learning, and we all have to start somewhere. I look forward to seeing you progress with this project.
That may be, i've stated earlier this year that i am not VERY proud over this template, and i have certainly made better ones. Mainly i added that template to test out the templating system, and it works perfectly fine now. I will change the colors, and probably edit the design a slight bit, but it will stay pretty much the same as it is now.
--------------------------------
Edit
--------------------------------
I am currently trying to figure out how to get a simpler and better template system, as of how the system is now, it requires your blog to fetch ALL files from the template you are using, this will cause more time loading the pages. I am also fixing up the admin login, as it require you to login whenever you click a link in the adminCP.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Just an idea, but you could load the files by a $_GET var, so for example:

If the URL of the page is , it would call the file register.php located in my/skins/path.

Good luck!

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
Just an idea, but you could load the files by a $_GET var, so for example:

If the URL of the page is , it would call the file register.php located in my/skins/path.

Good luck!
Thanks for that mate. I have also deleted the first Default template (which was a fail from the beginning, not structured CSS or anything else either), and have begun on a new base for the Default template. Images, colors and other stuffs to the design will not be priored before the base is ready aswell.

The idea is great, i'll figure out how to use the $_GET variable for that purpose. ^^

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Thanks for that mate. I have also deleted the first Default template (which was a fail from the beginning, not structured CSS or anything else either), and have begun on a new base for the Default template. Images, colors and other stuffs to the design will not be priored before the base is ready aswell.

The idea is great, i'll figure out how to use the $_GET variable for that purpose. ^^
Here's a very basic way of getting specific pages:
PHP:
<?php
if(!isset($_GET['page'])) {
  require_once 'pages/home.php';
}else{
  if(!file_exists('pages/'.$_GET['page'].'.php') {
    require_once 'pages/404.php';
  }else{
    require_once 'pages/'.$_GET['page'].'.php';
  }
}

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
Here's a very basic way of getting specific pages:
PHP:
<?php
if(!isset($_GET['page'])) {
  require_once 'pages/home.php';
}else{
  if(!file_exists('pages/'.$_GET['page'].'.php') {
    require_once 'pages/404.php';
  }else{
    require_once 'pages/'.$_GET['page'].'.php';
  }
}
I have something similar atm which Mark helped me with, but my main problem is the access.php which is the security to the admincp. If i click another link e.g going to the settings page i have to re-login. I am currently doing what i can to fix this.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Are you setting sessions for logged in users?

Make sure you have the following function included on your main page:
PHP:
session_start();

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010

Yes i do, and it is giving errors. I have no clue why
Warning: session_start() [ ]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\access.php:1) in C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\access.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [ ]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\access.php:1) in C:\xampp\htdocs\blog\access.php on line 8
Yet there is only òne
PHP:
session_start();
var in my entire login system.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

Yes i do, and it is giving errors. I have no clue why
Yet there is only òne
PHP:
session_start();
var in my entire login system.
That's because, you can't echo anything before the header(); nor can the header be inside <html> tags.

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
That's because, you can't echo anything before the header(); nor can the header be inside <html> tags.
One of the errors dissappeared when i moved it ontop of the page, there is also no <html> tags included in the file above it. The last error still remains, i'll see if i can fix it before moving further on.
------------------
Edit
------------------
Problem solved.

Savallusion

#swipeproject
Jul 16, 2010
Thank you.

Anyone give me color HEX codes you think I should use as the colors of that layout? I will also lower the corner radius a few pixels.

Subscription

Sep 13, 2011
Well i like the Blogging system but i don't like the layout/template i'd like the other one more and i'd preffer you to show more of these stuff around the forum very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread