Pokemon Go

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Saw this posted on Facebook this morning.
It's about time a game like this got made, got a feeling this will be a pretty epic game.

More can be read about it here -

Oct 11, 2014
Saw this posted on Facebook this morning.
It's about time a game like this got made, got a feeling this will be a pretty epic game.

More can be read about it here -
Yeh Me Too. its so cool.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Looks pretty fucking mega. It's about time they made an official MMO, be pretty cool if they continued to build upon it.
SO far we know you can battle/trade with others, what else would be cool, would be to have virtual gyms where you can obtain badges (bragging rights) etc...
Possible unique pokedex per person, so you can compare with friends

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
So we'd have to travel the world or sumthing?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I dont quite think the world, but I have a feeling certain pokemon will only be able to be caught in specific locations.
Eg. Ice pokemon in mountains/icy places. Water ones in the sea (unless they can go on land), which I think may be a vital part in trading with others to 'catch them all'
I'm also curios on how they will be spawing them, whether it be within a certain radius from you/others, be interesting to see which approach they take

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I always had a feeling something like this would be made, I also think they will implement it to the iWatch too, maybe in the future a hologram battle with the iWatch and Google Glass? yeah this is pretty amazing though, about time lol

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I'm not too sure about the iWatch as they are releasing an accessory for it, which will be more money in their pocket rather than more to apple.
I had thought the same when glass was largely discussed, how cool would that have been, as it would have been more real in terms of vison

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
This sounds like a great idea but i don't think this could work.

I'm not too sure about the iWatch as they are releasing an accessory for it, which will be more money in their pocket rather than more to apple.
I had thought the same when glass was largely discussed, how cool would that have been, as it would have been more real in terms of vison
Maybe Google Glass?

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Yup fingers crossed lets just hope :p

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Maybe Google Glass?
It could be an option in the future, however I feel the current Glass project isnt supported in many places other than US (if non)
Whereas mobile devices have support pretty much all over the world, meaning for a current version, mobile is the way to go.
As technology advances and new products such as Glass become more mainstream (and more VR), it would be much better suited

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
I just don't think this is possible, at least not on our current gaming technology level.

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
All i'm saying i'm not going to the moon to catch Jirachi.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Obviously the trailer is not actual gameplay, it is an over the top teaser promoting it.
Not much actual gameplay footage has been seen other than a few snapshots of Pikachu and Charizard.
From what I can gather based on the devs previous work and gameplay description, I feel it will be interesting to see the approach they take. And if they do it right and different to how they have made Ingress, it could be epic

All i'm saying i'm not going to the moon to catch Jirachi.
Obviously there will be some limitations to locations :lol:

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I just don't think this is possible, at least not on our current gaming technology level.
This isn't exactly hard to implement:
  • Get users location
  • Figure out what their environment is like
  • Scatter pokemon based on that environment
I had a similar idea a few months ago

Wickd

Jan 15, 2013
This isn't exactly hard to implement:
  • Get users location
  • Figure out what their environment is like
  • Scatter pokemon based on that environment
I had a similar idea a few months ago
And how are you going to display them?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
And how are you going to display them?
They get displayed on the mobile screen, much like how Pokemon GO will be done.
You really don't think the trailer is actual gameplay footage and they will be flying/moving around in real time do you?

Users who are viewing this thread