[PlusEMU] Emulator Development [UPDATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Question: Will there be any changes to the past MySQL table structures?
+1 if we could finally get this for Linux. Getting tired of all those retros with a slow webserver

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hey, I fell asleep so not release pack today.. maybe tomorrow.

In the meantime, hold off from taking the group forum related code, I'm going to put some changes there noticed a couple rights checks missing and some improvements, I'm not too happy with the variable names being so random/a couple bits about them.

Hi,

We decided to roll back the group forums - I feel that something like those need more time with them wasn't 100% happy with how they were, the variable names duplicate methods, missing rights checks etc and so on.

Can I ask that for now, we work on improving the emulator rather than throwing in new work.

Group forums will make their appearance to the emulator, I just didn't like how a bunch of the packet structures missed a lot of key info, it isn't ego etc, I do have a coded pair that I had made for Plus sat aside that I may just throw on.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Wait, so I understand that you will be updating, etc.. But I still haven't got clarification, will there be code releases so that people can add the code to their own emulators or not? This will allow me to better prepare myself since I was actually going to implement a lot of custom features, and surely alot of other people aswell. @Sledmore - I guess if worse comes to worse I could always just compare the codes, but that would be very time consuming.

Hi, I don't see where you are getting confused.

1) We will always be pushing to the git, however on the develop branch.
2) Once I push stuff to the master, I will make a release, with the emulator & required bits.
3) There may be a push to the git every day, but there will not be a release everyday - as that's too much work.

Branches:
1). Master Branch ( )
This branch is what we will release, we will never release the development branch as we will push broken code there and fix it, once it's fixed, we transfer it to the master branch (well, only i can do that).

2) Checking what has been pushed to the branch. ( )
You can view there all the bits we have changed, added code is highlighted in green, removed is highlighted in red.

----

2) Development Branch ( ).
This branch is what we work from, do not copy code from here unless you're confident with it & can improve it/use it, or use this to grab packets/structures early.

Will try and make that release I was talking about today, I was super fucked yesterday - probably be the same case today - but we'll see.

Accepted a few more people to the git.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
Would it be sensible to provide the AStar.dll and HabboEncryption.dll in the repository? Either in a libs/ folder for people to copy manually or if C# has a decent build system, hook it in there (I'm only familiar with Java build systems, but I can take a look).

Edit: I've gone ahead and made a merge request for it, wasn't that difficult to do. It just makes downloading, developing and compiling a little bit easier without having to go searching for the libraries.

Last edited:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Would it be sensible to provide the AStar.dll and HabboEncryption.dll in the repository? Either in a libs/ folder for people to copy manually or if C# has a decent build system, hook it in there (I'm only familiar with Java build systems, but I can take a look).

Edit: I've gone ahead and made a merge request for it, wasn't that difficult to do. It just makes downloading, developing and compiling a little bit easier without having to go searching for the libraries.

Good call, was going to do something about this, still plan on it - will be getting rid of HabboEncryption.dll as it's pointless for the most part, just holds BigInteger.

Accepted the merge.

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
Hello everyone,
I want to know if PlusEmu going to get a alternative for adobe flash player?
Cuz flash player is dying at end of february.. any plans for ditching Flash player and use something else ?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hello everyone,
I want to know if PlusEmu going to get a alternative for adobe flash player?
Cuz flash player is dying at end of february.. any plans for ditching Flash player and use something else ?

Not at all, I'll just be following the Habbo approach, if they change. We will change, as will all of the community.

Once I get home, I'll push an upload ZIP & the SWFs.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Agreed with Jonty that he'll be hosting the files for me, might not be today because of different timezones - so maybe tomorrow.

For those keen, the repo is up-to date & PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173 headers are on there, with the RSA keys, just use them with Habbit to have a working SWF in the meantime.

Sorry for not uploading, just don't fancy getting a DMCA on the host & also getting my MEGA closed again. Will be soon. :p

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hi,

Done quite a bit! Some of this I had already done in the past, but the lazy-loading is new - was quite fun to workout.

I've just pushed the latest bits to the master branch, I've linked some of the changes for those who want bits, I'd suggest it for some especially the navigator, if you haven't already improved that I'd be surprised.

My Changes:
  • Chatlogs have been totally re-worked, the logic is now in the event and they're done properly! (I think). It uses the logs manager inside of the chat manager, I'd suggest you use this - those who moaned in the past about chatlogs not instantly updating, they will now 'flush and save' on the moderation tools.
  • About 20+ Linq changes, where both 'Where' and 'Count' was used when only 'Count' was required.
  • Fixed an issue where when saving room bots, the bots would loop and a DB connection would load inside (the problem is if we are saving 20 bots, w eopen 20 times).
  • Fixed another issue related to the above, but with moved furniture - imagine a user moving 2,000 furnis in a room, then the room unloads and each item loops & a db connection is opened.
  • Inventory is now lazy-loaded, 700 items load per page. (This means the SWF doesn't need editing for large inventories).
  • Friends list is now lazy-loaded, loads 500 friends per time.
  • The above two require the 'MoreLinq' DLL.
  • Noticed an issue on the SendObjects method where a packet is sent back to all room users when it should only be sent to the entering user.
  • Removed a query in the UserDataFactory that wasn't needed, the users effects were loading - they also load in the effects component, this means additional & wasted resources.

Contributors who haven't posted on here:
Added the DLL's to a libs folder in the root directory @LukeOx
Fixed a glitch with rollers & the PickAllCommand @Bjork
Fixed an issue where lost items would update to the wrong use, it would use the user ID as the item ID would could cause big issues - however its rare an item would have no owner. - Ash/Boss.

can everyone

i crack the swf revision with habbit but the client crash in 76%

where can i find the rsa keys?

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
and ive already added all those fixes to mine because i have no life

@Sledmore if you want until you sort it with Jonty getting the files on his host I can quickly upload it to mega or something for the meantime, idc abut a dmca or whatever on mega I never use it anyway

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Cheers guys, will try to reply to what I can. I have released the first build here, it includes a database & SWF pack.

Please do not request furniture/catalog changes etc, these are up to you guys.

Group forums & features will come, I've worked with this emulator for a while to know of the issues it has so just going to pay some close attention to some of those first.

and ive already added all those fixes to mine because i have no life

@Sledmore if you want until you sort it with Jonty getting the files on his host I can quickly upload it to mega or something for the meantime, idc abut a dmca or whatever on mega I never use it anyway

Props to you in that case, only just figured out some of them (lazy-loading the inventory, friends & improving the chatlogs & nav search).

I've decided to upload to Mega for the time being.

Meap

Nov 7, 2010
Cheers guys, will try to reply to what I can. I have released the first build here, it includes a database & SWF pack.

Please do not request furniture/catalog changes etc, these are up to you guys.

Group forums & features will come, I've worked with this emulator for a while to know of the issues it has so just going to pay some close attention to some of those first.

Props to you in that case, only just figured out some of them (lazy-loading the inventory, friends & improving the chatlogs & nav search).

I've decided to upload to Mega for the time being.
oh I dont mean I coded them I mean I added them all from your development repo as you were adding them in because I kept reloading it when I saw you were pushing stuff LOL, had it all done before the post was made stating it all

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
oh I dont mean I coded them I mean I added them all from your development repo as you were adding them in because I kept reloading it when I saw you were pushing stuff LOL, had it all done before the post was made stating it all

Ah, good. :p I'm hoping most will follow your footsteps, because I will get active with this - mainly weekends, but I won't always rush to upload builds.

KylePr0zZ

Jul 22, 2016
Love the constant updates with this <3 || Keep it up Devs :)
Also the downloads are on, - I guess they just now been uploaded. :D

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Will tidy up the front page of the thread sometime soon (probably a week).

Threads

Anyone is free to add to the repo, just please do not go overboard on adding new features etc for now - all about fixing up issues & improving the emulator just for the time being.

Last edited:

Meap

Nov 7, 2010
Ah, good. :p I'm hoping most will follow your footsteps, because I will get active with this - mainly weekends, but I won't always rush to upload builds.
yeah, a lot will just wait for releases though if they justplan on using the full emu itself but people like me who have edited their emu to their liking and don't want to start with a fresh edit, should just get stuff directly from the git but need to be confident in stuff from development repo like I think you stated somewhere because it might not work as expected could be a bug or two, also Craig Its been popular as of recent but do you plan on implementing the Group Chats?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
yeah, a lot will just wait for releases though if they justplan on using the full emu itself but people like me who have edited their emu to their liking and don't want to start with a fresh edit, should just get stuff directly from the git but need to be confident in stuff from development repo like I think you stated somewhere because it might not work as expected could be a bug or two, also Craig Its been popular as of recent but do you plan on implementing the Group Chats?

Yeah, I'll bring group chats in. Haven't worked with them for a while, last time I played with them was a good few month ago when I added them to HRP.

Just have a few more weak areas to improve first.

Chenaho

Feb 9, 2016
Just a little suggestion, with the update of users currency through MUS; there's a problem where it doesn't update properly because the user is on the client, and their current coins are cached in the emulator? If you are already aware, I won't elaborate. If you don't know, I'll elaborate.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Just a little suggestion, with the update of users currency through MUS; there's a problem where it doesn't update properly because the user is on the client, and their current coins are cached in the emulator? If you are already aware, I won't elaborate. If you don't know, I'll elaborate.

Alright, will look into that later on tonight. Cheers.

Just a heads up, made a little booboo, make sure you apply this or re-download the release.

My bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread