Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hi,

Welcome to the PlusEMU development thread, this development is a community development anyone is free to contribute to it via our public Git. This development is based from my edit of PlusEMU that I released in late 2015.

Project Goals:
  • Keep the emulator up-to date.
  • Finishing missing features.
  • Fix bugs submitted by the community.
  • Improve the emulators stability.
How does this development work?
Kind of like how the Phoenix project did, only everyone is free to chip in. And you don't have to wait for a packaged release, you can just take code from our Git!

Do you have a changelog?
Not really. However, anyone who contributes to the repo has my full permission to post what they have done in this thread. You can also check the commits on the development branch to see what is being worked on (authors will write a quick description of what they have done).

GIT Information:
There are two branches on the repo, master & development. You are free to use code from either, however code in the master branch is suitable (and the full repo itself) to be used in a live environment.
How can I join?
I'm not going to let absolutely everyone just join, but you can freely request to join the repo and I'll most likely let you in (so you can change files in the development branch). I'll remove inactive contributors after so long. Alternatively, fork the repository.

Who can push code to the Master branch?
Only me, and no one else - this is how it will stay.

Just a notice about what to code/submit.
I'd like to keep this as vanilla Habbo as possible, please do not go adding silly commands/features left right & center, I will deny them.

Bugs, glitches & general issues.
I encourage you to sign up to the repo, and post an issue , it allows me and the other contributors to fix these issues or at least check them out and comment on them.

Awesome members of the community are helping, not just myself.
If you're helping the project, I give you 100% permission to post in this thread with changes you have made - treat this thread like your own.

Please do not beg for SWF packs in here, a release thread will be made each time we push work to the master branch.

Credits:

Everyone who has submitted an issue or contributed to the project, they can most likely be found here:

-
-

Websites:

Threads

Last edited:

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I think it's a great idea that you're involving the community in this development, this way it'll be a lot easier for others to patch things up whilst you might be busy and so the project goals would be met faster.

Can I recommend ? Pretty much a collaborative to-do list which you could share with the repo contributors so they could track what needed to be done rather than referring back to this post, may also be useful.

It's definitely sensible that you are only allowing others to push to the development branch as a lot of users might try to push bloat unnecessary commands edits.

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
I like the idea of this plus being able to see exactly what's changed via the git is good too for people who just want to take stuff from this to add to their edits if they've already worked on the emulator to add in their own commands and features etc, maybe get big boy @Damiens included in this as a developer

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
More fixes.
  • Fixed known issues with the stack tile.
  • Fixed being able to use HTML when changing gnomes name.
  • Added ability for users to receive diamonds via subscriptions like they do credits/duckets.

Last edited:

Calcium

Jan 7, 2017
Some wireds should be fixed.
And all Games like Football too
this is very important!

Chenaho

Feb 9, 2016
Awesome to see, but I'm a little confused. You stated in a previous thread that you were just going to release the fixes? Is this still going to be the case? Or is this the emulator with group forums? Just for a little bit more clarification.

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
Awesome to see, but I'm a little confused. You stated in a previous thread that you were just going to release the fixes? Is this still going to be the case? Or is this the emulator with group forums? Just for a little bit more clarification.
He will be releasing the whole emulator or if you want he may be able to release just the fixes so you could update your emulator.

Chenaho

Feb 9, 2016
He will be releasing the whole emulator or if you want he may be able to release just the fixes so you could update your emulator.
@Sledmore could you confirm this? Cheers for the reply though, makes sense. The only issue I had was because I had started coding some user-end features; so I'm thinking of just converting it all over to the updated revision (saves me plenty of time)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
@Sledmore could you confirm this? Cheers for the reply though, makes sense. The only issue I had was because I had started coding some user-end features; so I'm thinking of just converting it all over to the updated revision (saves me plenty of time)

On my phone atm so short reply.

We will be constantly posting updates to the git repo linked above. However, I'll also be making a "release" per XX updates for usera who don't want to do the manual work / get the fixes and just want the source per "release".

I'll be making the first release tonight. However we have already pushed changes live to the repo.

Hope that helps.

Chenaho

Feb 9, 2016
On my phone atm so short reply.

We will be constantly posting updates to the git repo linked above. However, I'll also be making a "release" per XX updates for usera who don't want to do the manual work / get the fixes and just want the source per "release".

I'll be making the first release tonight. However we have already pushed changes live to the repo.

Hope that helps.
Awesome, makes a bit more sense now. So from those dot points that you made, you're going to put them into a thread? Or will you start posting threads for updates from here on? (I already have these fixes, so I'm just double checking so there's clarification)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Awesome, makes a bit more sense now. So from those dot points that you made, you're going to put them into a thread? Or will you start posting threads for updates from here on? (I already have these fixes, so I'm just double checking so there's clarification)

Basically, simply put (I'll update the main thread as this project grows).

We are going to have three threads.
  • Development thread.
  • Release thread.
  • Help & Support thread.
I'll be posting the other two later.

How will this work?
Each time I feel there is enough to make a 'release' I'll upload:
  • Database changes.
  • Full SQL (for people who use this emulator say in.. release #25, rather than the first release).
  • SWF Changes (if any, there will be a note with the release on if a new SWF/what SWF is required).
And this information will be posted in the release there, there will only be one release thread for say.. potentially 50 releases etc.

'Releases' may happen weekly, or two-weekly - however, new updates may be pushed to the git repo regardless. The more advanced users are probably able to cater for themselves, but I'll be posting releases nonetheless, just not as soon as we push stuff to the master branch.

This project will be quite supported by myself, and others - but I'm dropping most of my other Habbo bits (only have one other Habbo related thing anyhow).

This will essentially be structured how Phoenix was in a way, the only difference is that I'm giving the community a chance to work together in one place, but also introduced the Git so we all have more freedom, both the developers & users.

Might just be confusing until more structure is in place.

Wulles

Dec 8, 2013
I really love and support this project, is a bit bad for some programmers who have spent some time making code that will probably be public and accessible to all, but it is a great initiative to break the rule of "get poor buying good emulator".

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Just a heads up, repo has been changed to this domain will remain the same permanently.

Will push out a site tonight, where the releases/downloads will live.

Just a quick one, I'll delete this message & the replied ones afterwards to avoid further spam discussion.

Any suggestions on where to host the files? Don't want them on either server because of DMCA.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Just a heads up, repo has been changed to this domain will remain the same permanently.

Will push out a site tonight, where the releases/downloads will live.

Just a quick one, I'll delete this message & the replied ones afterwards to avoid further spam discussion.

Any suggestions on where to host the files? Don't want them on either server because of DMCA.
Shit sucks, It doesn't offer Linux support

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Go away.

Might try MEGA, but not sure how fast they'll close the account - any suggestions?
I'll be nice, and attempt my small C skills to work this for being Linux usable (You'd be surprised how much better Linux is with retros on costs)

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Go away.

Might try MEGA, but not sure how fast they'll close the account - any suggestions?
MEGA would probably be a good option compared to most standard hosts.

You could always use a P2P service such as , that way you wouldn't really have to worry about your account being closed either.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I'll be nice, and attempt my small C skills to work this for being Linux usable (You'd be surprised how much better Linux is with retros on costs)

I'll happily do it, from memory it's like 3 changes so it'll get done soon.

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
Not sure if its just me but for the first like 12-24 hours the usage in memory seems to be quite high, ive heard a few people say the same so just wondering if you'd possibly look into any possible memory leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread