Our education system...

grand

Sex? Yes please.
May 4, 2014
I highly disagree. There's not a lot of money in teaching. Here in Ontario there's such a high number of people looking for teaching positions that if you don't love to teach yore wasting your time trying to get a job
Don't teachers here in canada make about 60,000$ a year?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Don't teachers here in canada make about 60,000$ a year?
Depending on the province, level of education you're teaching, and experience it's possible. But $60,000 is only middle class and I wouldn't say it's enough to deal with children if you hate it. There are many other careers you can go into for the same amount

grand

Sex? Yes please.
May 4, 2014
Depending on the province, level of education you're teaching, and experience it's possible. But $60,000 is only middle class and I wouldn't say it's enough to deal with children if you hate it. There are many other careers you can go into for the same amount
True.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Your parents teach you about paying bills, tax returns, credit cards, your "health". School is meant to teach you how to interact with society, how to actively take part in group projects, solo projects, presentations, deadlines, teach you problem solving skills, teach you about the past so you never make the same mistakes. School isn't meant to teach you life lessons, that's what you learn on your own. If you are that worried certain aspects of your life after school, ask your parents.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Your parents teach you about paying bills, tax returns, credit cards, your "health". School is meant to teach you how to interact with society, how to actively take part in group projects, solo projects, presentations, deadlines, teach you problem solving skills, teach you about the past so you never make the same mistakes. School isn't meant to teach you life lessons, that's what you learn on your own. If you are that worried certain aspects of your life after school, ask your parents.
And what would your argument be for those students who have no parents, or are neglected from those sort of lessons?

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
And what would your argument be for those students who have no parents, or are neglected from those sort of lessons?
If you are not currently living in a 3rd world country inside a mud hut then you have an excuse. Just because you have no parents doesn't mean you don't have older relatives who could help you. If you're not experiencing personally what you're bringing up then I honestly don't care and it won't be a subject that needs to be discussed by me. There's always a way to learn, only the ignorant give up and lose hope.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
If you are not currently living in a 3rd world country inside a mud hut then you have an excuse. Just because you have no parents doesn't mean you don't have older relatives who could help you. If you're not experiencing personally what you're bringing up then I honestly don't care and it won't be a subject that needs to be discussed by me. There's always a way to learn, only the ignorant give up and lose hope.
But what you're saying is to turn towards family only, which is one of the stupidest things anybody could say. A lot of elderly are going fucking bonkers because of different diseases or mental illnesses, and some kids completely don't have any family (or family atleast right in the head). A better argument would be to turn towards counsellors to get help with life skills, rather than only turning towards family.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
But what you're saying is to turn towards family only, which is one of the stupidest things anybody could say. A lot of elderly are going fucking bonkers because of different diseases or mental illnesses, and some kids completely don't have any family (or family atleast right in the head). A better argument would be to turn towards counsellors to get help with life skills, rather than only turning towards family.
I said that you're able to turn to other relatives, other guardians, anyone who's older than 18 and has gone through the system already. If you're that ignorant to where you think that nobody can help you other then school teachers then you're going to have a hard time in the real world. Teachers are paid to make you learn lessons, there's particular classes in some schools that will go over it but if you don't have the luxury of having them you will need to LOOK at other ways to find out how to do things. If you don't want to learn because you have nobody close to you then it's all on you. If you want to find out how, you will find someone to teach you, doesn't matter who it is. The only fact is a teacher's job isn't to give you life lessons, that's just a bonus if they end up helping you with that. End of discussion.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I said that you're able to turn to other relatives, other guardians, anyone who's older than 18 and has gone through the system already. If you're that ignorant to where you think that nobody can help you other then school teachers then you're going to have a hard time in the real world. Teachers are paid to make you learn lessons, there's particular classes in some schools that will go over it but if you don't have the luxury of having them you will need to LOOK at other ways to find out how to do things. If you don't want to learn because you have nobody close to you then it's all on you. If you want to find out how, you will find someone to teach you, doesn't matter who it is. The only fact is a teacher's job isn't to give you life lessons, that's just a bonus if they end up helping you with that. End of discussion.
If you're so stupid as to put the word teachers where I did not use it, than you're just as ignorant. I don't have any issues, but it's an example for those who do. I love how you're changing what you said, when you did say parents only, this new 18 or older terminology was never used originally. lel tf

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Why isn't it their job to teach you how society works :/
I wouldn't consider them teaching you life skills or things like taxes a bonus, I don't know about where you are from but they're supposed to teach that here and just don't because they don't have the time to teach the whole ciriculum. Also, if your parents were never taught how do you expect them to teach you?

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Why isn't it their job to teach you how society works :/
I wouldn't consider them teaching you life skills or things like taxes a bonus, I don't know about where you are from but they're supposed to teach that here and just don't because they don't have the time to teach the whole ciriculum. Also, if your parents were never taught how do you expect them to teach you?
Sorry I had no idea that you are supposed to teach your students financial management, about student/credit loans, household repair/maintenance, or even basic survival in the wilderness in a history class. Perhaps they should teach you how to spell 'ciriculum' instead of life skills. I'm going to leave before my brain cells disappear like your English curriculum.
If you're so stupid as to put the word teachers where I did not use it, than you're just as ignorant. I don't have any issues, but it's an example for those who do. I love how you're changing what you said, when you did say parents only, this new 18 or older terminology was never used originally. lel tf
Was this not a reference to teachers:
That was clearly a baited response @ me saying you're not meant to rely specifically on teachers and you got defensive and made up a blasphemous, and pretty hypothetical situation which in all actuality is a totally illogical situation far below the majority of people struggling after school. A majority of the students coming out of high school without knowledge about the life skills they will need to succeed in the future are average kids who have at least a mother or father to guide them when needed. The actual controversy before you forcefully threw in 'dead parents' etc is that it is the school's fault for not teaching them these things yet it really isn't. Although @Sojobo_2 is really dumb he was right about the curriculum being extremely forced in many cases. Considering the amount of time they have to teach you proper courses; it isn't going to be compatible with their time frame. They need to teach you their legitimate class rather than teach you life skills that your parents could more accurately help you with considering they are going to be doing them at home where you can ask for some insight and learn from them hands-on rather than the teacher have to make sheets and go completely off course and behind in their curriculum which sets you up for college/university.

I didn't say this because it should be obvious that you can rely on your parents, if you are that minority with deceased relatives and honestly cannot find any help then you can rely on someone else. You WILL find someone if you WANT to learn, the only excuse for not knowing is not trying. So set your ignorance aside and comprehend these sentences before you even bother to force your idiotic situations and excuses against what I've said.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Sorry I had no idea that you are supposed to teach your students financial management, about student/credit loans, household repair/maintenance, or even basic survival in the wilderness in a history class. Perhaps they should teach you how to spell 'ciriculum' instead of life skills. I'm going to leave before my brain cells disappear like your English curriculum.

Was this not a reference to teachers:

That was clearly a baited response @ me saying you're not meant to rely specifically on teachers and you got defensive and made up a blasphemous, and pretty hypothetical situation which in all actuality is a totally illogical situation far below the majority of people struggling after school. A majority of the students coming out of high school without knowledge about the life skills they will need to succeed in the future are average kids who have at least a mother or father to guide them when needed. The actual controversy before you forcefully threw in 'dead parents' etc is that it is the school's fault for not teaching them these things yet it really isn't. Although @Sojobo_2 is really dumb he was right about the curriculum being extremely forced in many cases. Considering the amount of time they have to teach you proper courses; it isn't going to be compatible with their time frame. They need to teach you their legitimate class rather than teach you life skills that your parents could more accurately help you with considering they are going to be doing them at home where you can ask for some insight and learn from them hands-on rather than the teacher have to make sheets and go completely off course and behind in their curriculum which sets you up for college/university.

I didn't say this because it should be obvious that you can rely on your parents, if you are that minority with deceased relatives and honestly cannot find any help then you can rely on someone else. You WILL find someone if you WANT to learn, the only excuse for not knowing is not trying. So set your ignorance aside and comprehend these sentences before you even bother to force your idiotic situations and excuses against what I've said.
Pull up statistics on average kid with both parents, or a stable home life please.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Pull up statistics on average kid with both parents, or a stable home life please.
This thread isn't about parent separation or stable home life. Both of your parents do tax returns, both of your parents pay for the mortgage if they are separated. Stop trying to make excuses and find loopholes to why people couldn't learn life skills properly you muppet. Man went from "Teachers should show you life skills" to "What if your parents are dead?" to "Your parents are not together and unstable". You're asking for statistics that don't need to be shown or searched for because if you had an ounce of common sense you would be aware of the obvious. Holy shit you're are literally the epitome of ignorance and stupidity, if you were any more stupid than you already are you'd have to attend a school for the mentally challenged. Ask 20 random kids who you hold no bias towards and are between the ages of 16-18 if they know how to do tax returns. Ask them afterwards if they have separated parents, after that you will clearly see that both situations conclude the same answer: they don't know about tax returns.

Rather than complain about student who have no life skills you should complain to your parents for being given genes that gave you no chance at being remotely mentally aware or intelligent. Goodluck in life with a brain more empty than my wallet because I just paid for my monthly car bill thanks to all the tutelage I was given by my separated mother who struggles with her finances but still found the time in her unstable life to help me when I wasn't learning it in school.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
This thread isn't about parent separation or stable home life. Both of your parents do tax returns, both of your parents pay for the mortgage if they are separated. Stop trying to make excuses and find loopholes to why people couldn't learn life skills properly you muppet. Man went from "Teachers should show you life skills" to "What if your parents are dead?" to "Your parents are not together and unstable". You're asking for statistics that don't need to be shown or searched for because if you had an ounce of common sense you would be aware of the obvious. Holy shit you're are literally the epitome of ignorance and stupidity, if you were any more stupid than you already are you'd have to attend a school for the mentally challenged. Ask 20 random kids who you hold no bias towards and are between the ages of 16-18 if they know how to do tax returns. Ask them afterwards if they have separated parents, after that you will clearly see that both situations conclude the same answer: they don't know about tax returns.

Rather than complain about student who have no life skills you should complain to your parents for being given genes that gave you no chance at being remotely mentally aware or intelligent. Goodluck in life with a brain more empty than my wallet because I just paid for my monthly car bill thanks to all the tutelage I was given by my separated mother who struggles with her finances but still found the time in her unstable life to help me when I wasn't learning it in school.
lol wut
Is this your thread to rage on because I asked for statistics, and your teachers nor parents taught you what those were, or is it for you to continuously repeat yourself over and over however, with the occasional new word dropped in?

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you knew how to comprehend a sentence, you're so stupid it makes Demi Lavato look smart. If I asked for your favorite dish I'm sure you would say, "a chair."

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you knew how to comprehend a sentence, you're so stupid it makes Demi Lavato look smart. If I asked for your favorite dish I'm sure you would say, "a chair."
Actually, I'd say my favorite TV show due to Dish network
And uhm
Demi Lavato"
It's Demi Lovato*, fucking retard

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I agree, but I don't think that is for schools to teach; I'd say that is for college.

When I went to college, we had a subject called General Knowledge, and it was not what I expected at all. I thought it would teach us all to do stuff like:
  1. buy your first car/sort out insurance etc
  2. get a mortgage
  3. stay out of debt
  4. manage money properly
  5. use cheques
  6. understand taxes

I know nothing about those subjects and more and it pisses me off because I want to know about them.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
I agree, but I don't think that is for schools to teach; I'd say that is for college.

When I went to college, we had a subject called General Knowledge, and it was not what I expected at all. I thought it would teach us all to do stuff like:
  1. buy your first car/sort out insurance etc
  2. get a mortgage
  3. stay out of debt
  4. manage money properly
  5. use cheques
  6. understand taxes

I know nothing about those subjects and more and it pisses me off because I want to know about them.
Did you read up on the actual course details or were they misguided/misleading? If they were the latter I could understand the frustration there.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Did you read up on the actual course details or were they misguided/misleading? If they were the latter I could understand the frustration there.
It wasn't a course we chose, it was mandatory throughout our time at college. We were just put into classes and the teacher wasn't bothered about it all. It really pissed me off so I never attended the classes.

I would ask people who attended the classes what the subject in the class was and they said they barely did anything because the teacher wasn't bothered.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
It wasn't a course we chose, it was mandatory throughout our time at college. We were just put into classes and the teacher wasn't bothered about it all. It really pissed me off so I never attended the classes.

I would ask people who attended the classes what the subject in the class was and they said they barely did anything because the teacher wasn't bothered.

That's absolutely bollocks, that's the type of crap that shows how pathetic school systems can be. If they could only open their eyes they could see why people are struggling in life, annoying as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread