Our education system...

LittleChild

Oct 10, 2015
Hey guys, Today I have a question I want to ask.
Is the education system screwed ? (In my opinion... Yes)
Why do I think its screwed.
Keep in mind I don't go to High school (Im still in Primary school)
As im only 10, But from what ive heard there only teaching things like
algebra
advanced science(Hues of light, etc)
Way more

All of that stuff
But there not teaching important stuff like
How to get a job
How to vote
How to have a kid (Not how to not get one)
Financial help

All of that stuff.
You may say "The parents should teach that stuff" But the parent wasnt even taught that in the first place.
So what do you think ?
If you can prove me wrong, and say that the education system is not screwed (with proof) I will gladly accept that and change my belief, Also I respect all of your opinions... So what do you think ?

Examed

Я весь высший лидер из вас всех
Aug 7, 2014
I also agree with this, even though in The Bahamas High Schools they do teach us how to apply for a job, how the voting system works, financial help etc.
(How to have a kid was learnt in Primary School for me)

Last edited:

LittleChild

Oct 10, 2015
I also agree with this, even though in The Bahamas High School they do teach us how to apply for a job, how the voting system works, financial help etc.
(How to have a kid was learnt in Primary School for me)
Nono I'm supposed to learn later this year LOL learnt like 3 years ago from my cousin. But like how to more accurate and have more of a chance of having a kid.

Examed

Aug 7, 2014
Nono I'm supposed to learn later this year LOL learnt like 3 years ago from my cousin. But like how to more accurate and have more of a chance of having a kid.
Lol okay, make sure they fully explain the safety

LittleChild

Oct 10, 2015
You basically listed a bunch of things imbeciles do daily, and the world of work is extensively covered throughout high school. ;)
Ah, Im going to Highschool next year as im in year 6 at the momment (I think thats grade 5 in USA) so il be able to decide myself (It will probably be pointless as I know most of these things) As I used to work for a small vps selling company (They scammed me) I had to write a CV and I know a little bit about marketing and all that
So pretty much im mainly going to be able to focus on algebra and science and all that.
(The basic algebra im learning now is really easy as algebric experssions is basically programming variables)

Lol okay, make sure they fully explain the safety
Just wear a condom is what I learnt (Anyway talking about this kinda makes me feel disturbed)

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I think it somewhat however not particularly because of the points which you have listed but in short I believe that currently, the system isn't always able to adapt flexibly around student's requirements & view points.

LittleChild

Oct 10, 2015
I think it somewhat however not particularly because of the points which you have listed but in short I believe that currently, the system isn't always able to adapt flexibly around student's requirements & view points.
I see, But wouldnt that be kinda hard for the system to be flexible round everyone ? (Im not trying to be mean)

Examed

Aug 7, 2014
I see, But wouldnt that be kinda hard for the system to be flexible round everyone ? (Im not trying to be mean)
From reading @BIOS post, I kinda agree with him. The system will not easily adapt to what we want it to be.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
No, there should simply be more options available. This may be achievable by other means than the standard system such as online methods.

In higher education they should be more adaptive to the specific course of a student anyway but sometimes it isn't always the case as the resources and such aren't prepared effectively.

Examed

Aug 7, 2014
No, there should simply be more options available. This may be achievable by other means than the standard system such as online methods.

In higher education they should be more adaptive to the specific course of a student anyway but sometimes it isn't always the case as the resources and such aren't prepared effectively.
Indeed.

LittleChild

Oct 10, 2015

Oh I see what you mean. I agree with you.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
School teaches you plenty of arithmetic, science, etc. Anything that has to do with real life skills isn't something easily taught and you always receive suggestions but how you personally handle it will end up differing completely with what you were told and that's the truth. But they definitely should inform you on resumes and proper check booking I guess, even though your parents could and usually will if you ask. School is meant to help you with a career, plus help you get use to listening to tasks and handling them by following the requirements.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
who wants to work a job they don't like for the rest of their lives?
That's what happens to most people so that point is invalid. Most people will work for someone making their dreams come true, not your own dream.

Real simple answer to this is, No.

Lame

Nov 6, 2014
You're all fucking spastics. School makes you prove your knowledge, not prepare you for life.. that's what College is for Kappa

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
That's what happens to most people so that point is invalid. Most people will work for someone making their dreams come true, not your own dream.

Real simple answer to this is, No.
well fuck that if that's how my life i going to turn out i'm going out with a doobie litt in my mouth

Users who are viewing this thread