Show DevBest New personal website template.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
It's too plain, the background of it covers everything behind it making it look like a slack job. The Ubuntu font is overkill as well.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I'll be honest so you can choose to take the feedback into account; I don't like it too much. It's not bad, seen much worse, however it doesn't look to nice.

Why? I think the colours don't match too well (red text in navi and blue background), I also feel that you could maybe add some columns to make the template look a little more attractive rather than just bulk text in the middle.

As I said, it's not bad at all just needs a few things to worked on to make it look and feel better. Keep working on it before you start on other pages.

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
It looks alright. I see what you were trying to do with it.

Just a few tips:
1. Change the background ;}
2. Dont use black font on other dark colours. Example how you have a kinda of dark blue background. Try a white :]
3. Try to stick with one colour set. Dont go blue, red, green, white etc.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
I like it, It's plain and simple. But you could change the font and give the text-area a container or something.

Besides that, It looks fine. 7/10 :3

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Nothing,
an advice to you is to put the border-radius to 2-3 px, a box-shadow: 0px 1px 1px black; and a border
I like it round, box shadows don't really seem like they would be attractive on the buttons, and borders on round content shows up funny.

Thanks though. :)

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I can never understand why beginner designers find the need to put excessive border-radius amounts on EVERYTHING.

Needless to say, this needs work. I'd list the reasons why but they've pretty much all been listed already.

One thing that hasn't been raised is the fact that there is waaaay too much text on the page. None wants to read paragraphs and paragraphs of boring crap, people want to see innovative designs, things that make them want to continue reading your website because they just cant get enough of it.

LeChris

archangel
Sep 30, 2013
It's a lot better than how I started out. Using transparency isn't advised since not a lot of people like it anymore (Or atleast when I did it). It' pretty nice and simple, I don't see anything wrong with it other than that. Good job

VaginaMuncher

Chilling with me bitch Fiona
Mar 17, 2013
I see what you wanted out of this.
As already said, colors are vile, Not very good thought on them.
- Overkill of ubuntu already stated, mix the font's used etc
- Columns like Sysode said would make it more content aware and neater.
- Add more content like pages for social networks and scale the header down a bit, over runs the site never mind thinking of footer with that header!

HowToHayden

Oct 16, 2013
It's not too bad of a design. I would defiantly add a container, I would probably make the container go all the way down the page including the header. I'd make the first button on the navigation line up with the text that you're putting in. I would also add a footer with links to social networking. I would make it two tone like you've got with the different backgrounds for the header and main content with the container so it splits of the header from the main page. If you don't quite understand what I'm saying I can provide a diagram. :)

Users who are viewing this thread