New accounts should be at least a week old before being able to use the shout box

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Good idea. I don't think Chat by Siropu has it coded into it. But, you could always just create another group and promote them after being 7 days old.

I think you meant to post this though.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Good idea. I don't think Chat by Siropu has it coded into it. But, you could always just create another group and promote them after being 7 days old.

I think you meant to post this though.
I think so too, lol. my bad.

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
I would feel excluded from the community if I had to wait a whole week before I could interact, and especially with the 20 posts before PM thing. Just my thoughts though, most people here think its a good idea.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I agree and disagree with this, if we could have a 'new comers' chat room which they could only talk in, and members who are not 'new comers' couldn't talk in (other than staff), then that'd be great, IMO.

But I think what made me prefer DevBest over R/Z originally is the chatbox, its great to interact with others and great to have the occasional argument with a new comer. (Jokes, or am I?).

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
I just wanna ask SINCE WHEN IS DEVBEST DOING SO WELL? Just look at the user count always 70+

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I just wanna ask SINCE WHEN IS DEVBEST DOING SO WELL? Just look at the user count always 70+

Was thinking that too, seem to hit 100+ at certain times throughout the day, been checking the online tab a lot, we get a lot of guests - some are not marked as bots (I think).

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
I agree and disagree with this, if we could have a 'new comers' chat room which they could only talk in, and members who are not 'new comers' couldn't talk in (other than staff), then that'd be great, IMO.

But I think what made me prefer DevBest over R/Z originally is the chatbox, its great to interact with others and great to have the occasion argument with a new comer. (Jokes, or am I?).
Yeah this would be great. So it wouldn't entirely exclude them from fast communication with users.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I'd say making some sort of three-strikes-out system, matching certain words such as "plusemu" or "retro", after an x amount of violations you'll get kicked (/banned) from the shoutbox and messages deleted. However I would filter out links (for example when someone links them to the Habbo section).

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
I'd say making some sort of three-strikes-out system, matching certain words such as "plusemu" or "retro", after an x amount of violations you'll get kicked (/banned) from the shoutbox and messages deleted. However I would filter out links (for example when someone links them to the Habbo section).
Or maybe if any of those types of messages are sent in General Chat e.g, plusemu, habbo, retros they are automatically sent into the Habbo chat and the user is automatically directed there. With a message notifying them why they have been moved to Habbo chat.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Meh it might be good to promote new people to post more ( there are other ways of doing so ) but i just don't see the point of this?
If they spam just point them out to help section?C'mon guys.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Meh it might be good to promote new people to post more ( there are other ways of doing so ) but i just don't see the point of this?
If they spam just point them out to help section?C'mon guys.
It's all about doing that. Kind of, with as little effort possible.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
A week would be awhile, i agree with the general idea of this though.
Just lower it to like, 2-3 days

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Nope, cause those new users will just be more confused on asking for help.
That's why having their own chat would be better, letting them know in a week or. In a few days they will be allowed in General Chat and it's just for spam reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread