New accounts should be at least a week old before being able to use the shout box

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
I agree and disagree with this, if we could have a 'new comers' chat room which they could only talk in, and members who are not 'new comers' couldn't talk in (other than staff), then that'd be great, IMO.
But I think what made me prefer DevBest over R/Z originally is the chatbox, its great to interact with others and great to have the occasional argument with a new comer. (Jokes, or am I?).
I'd say making some sort of three-strikes-out system, matching certain words such as "plusemu" or "retro", after an x amount of violations you'll get kicked (/banned) from the shoutbox and messages deleted. However I would filter out links (for example when someone links them to the Habbo section).

They're very complex ideas just to keep the odd person from spamming the shoutbox, mods deal with them pretty much instantly anyway.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
Great idea, but as many have said above - would it not make them feel isolated?
Now of course it would stop abuse of the shoutbox, and users who purely come for Habbo related stuff.
Personally, I believe 7 days is far too long - I'd say 24-48 hours limited access, then there account is restored back to full access.

Users who are viewing this thread