Sep 30, 2013
@Leader guess I was right
12463523_1650700708511582_22508283_n.jpg
:( :( Damn Sulake

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
jadenthenoob said:
MoonPHP is a simple, yet advanced content management system written in PHP using no unofficial frameworks such as "xcache" etc.
XCache is a PHP opcode cacher... has nothing to do with a framework. Speaking of frameworks.. your db insert snippet is taken verbatim from Simple MVC:

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
XCache is a PHP opcode cacher... has nothing to do with a framework. Speaking of frameworks.. your db insert snippet is taken verbatim from Simple MVC:

Yeah, I never took credit for writing the original class, I actually credited the website I got it from which was if you had the source.

And me calling XCache a framework was just me trying to express the fact that running the CMS requires no extra downloads, so you're wasting your time trying to correct the 1% of my thread that doesn't even mean shit to the overall development. Good eye though, I appreciate your effort.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Yeah, I never took credit for writing the original class, I actually credited the website I got it from which was if you had the source.

And me calling XCache a framework was just me trying to express the fact that running the CMS requires no extra downloads, so you're wasting your time trying to correct the 1% of my thread that doesn't even mean shit to the overall development. Good eye though, I appreciate your effort.
I thought most CMS's are like that, only difference is building upon an actual framework means you get updates over time to keep it running on newer versions of PHP for instance. Hence why I switched from just using standalone Blade Templating to a full scale Laravel base

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I thought most CMS's are like that, only difference is building upon an actual framework means you get updates over time to keep it running on newer versions of PHP for instance. Hence why I switched from just using standalone Blade Templating to a full scale Laravel base
That isn't the only difference, there's also preference, the joy of using your own code, and the fact that sometimes writing your own code is more preferred than using a gigantic multi-purpose framework for 1 simple purpose.

It's like using Spring vs using Guice, one is an injector, and one has an injector... One is bigger, and one is smaller.

And if you're using a framework because some developer "maintains" it for you, and keeps it up to date? Guess what you look like? Not a developer.

Last edited:

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Weird, here's what your original post says:
Developers & Credits
Jaden Moonshine (Only Developer)
Guess you forgot to credit them there, but for some odd reason the snippet you shared wasn't even written by you. How quaint.
Pretty stupid reason. It would have been much easier to state that "your" CMS doesn't require anything extra (or even list the requirements like most normal people do). Instead you "purposefully" spewed misinformation for no valid reason.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Weird, here's what your original post says:

Guess you forgot to credit them there, but for some odd reason the snippet you shared wasn't even written by you. How quaint.

Pretty stupid reason. It would have been much easier to state that "your" CMS doesn't require anything extra (or even list the requirements like most normal people do). Instead you "purposefully" spewed misinformation for no valid reason.
Thanks for your opinion, but that was just an example and an error on my account, for you to go into further detail on something so minor is simply beyond my comprehension... Or maybe you're just trying to point out all of my errors so you have a reason to criticize me in a negative fashion? That would be pretty noobish of you.

Although you did find 2 minor errors due to reading with most precision, I admire that.

And you think I'm dumb enough to take credit for something that any other noob could just google (like you did) to see it was adapted from another project (even if it was a SAMPLE project)? Heh.
Sorry if I misled you to believe that I wrote all of the Database Manager. If it wasn't already perfect in my perspective, trust me I would've wrote mine myself.

And also, the credits on this thread were to acknowledge the developers in the Habbo community. However, as I've stated before, credits for said class are included in the full source.

Good try though.

* And for the people who liked his comment... form your own opinion.

Last edited:

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Still curious why you would share a code snippet of something you didn't write. And I'm sure no one else here thinks stealing code is "minor". I also like how you continuously call me a noob despite numerous people laughing at that sentimentality.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Still curious why you would share a code snippet of something you didn't write. And I'm sure no one else here thinks stealing code is "minor". I also like how you continuously call me a noob despite numerous people laughing at that sentimentality.
I don't recall calling you anything.
And how does someone steal code from an OSS (espically when they're credited)?

Snippet - a small piece or brief extract.

This happens to be a small piece of the code that is used in my CMS. And I only gave a snippet of it to clarify that I was not using MySQLi, but PDO.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
I don't recall calling you anything.
And how does someone steal code from an OSS (espically when they're credited)?

Snippet - a small piece or brief extract.

This happens to be a small piece of the code that is used in my CMS. And I only gave a snippet of it to clarify that I was not using MySQLi, but PDO.
They're not credited in your first post, despite you giving credits to lesser things. Saying they're credited in the code is just you trying to save face. In the snippet you provided, there's no mention of Simple MVC anywhere in the credits.

Using someone else's database class, calling it "small" (despite being one of the most important security aspects of "your" project), and then sharing that code with no acknowledgement of where it actually came from. Yes you're one fine "developer".

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
That isn't the only difference, there's also preference, the joy of using your own code, and the fact that sometimes writing your own code is more preferred than using a gigantic multi-purpose framework for 1 simple purpose.

It's like using Spring vs using Guice, one is an injector, and one has an injector... One is bigger, and one is smaller.

And if you're using a framework because some developer "maintains" it for you, and keeps it up to date? Guess what you look like? Not a developer.
So you're wanting to continue recreating the wheel? Guess what the best part of using frameworks is, the ability to remove the parts you don't need. No point in starting from scratch and having to focus on the core parts such as your ripped database class, when you can just use a framework, have the main core, and start coding the features you need into it. An actual developer would say the same thing, using your own code is nice, but so is understanding frameworks as most jobs work with frameworks of some sort.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
They're not credited in your first post, despite you giving credits to lesser things. Saying they're credited in the code is just you trying to save face. In the snippet you provided, there's no mention of Simple MVC anywhere in the credits.

Using someone else's database class, calling it "small" (despite being one of the most important security aspects of "your" project), and then sharing that code with no acknowledgement of where it actually came from. Yes you're one fine "developer".
You make no sense, and as I've stated before (you would know if you read my comments like you read the original post) that the "Credits" section was to acknowledge developers in the Habbo community.

And there is no header in any file but index.php

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I think instead of buying a car, I shall make one from scratch with wooden wheels and what not as using someone else's work makes my car shitty.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
So you're wanting to continue recreating the wheel? Guess what the best part of using frameworks is, the ability to remove the parts you don't need. No point in starting from scratch and having to focus on the core parts such as your ripped database class, when you can just use a framework, have the main core, and start coding the features you need into it. An actual developer would say the same thing, using your own code is nice, but so is understanding frameworks as most jobs work with frameworks of some sort.
The ability to remove parts you don't need without breaking the framework? Enlighten me, you don't know if 1 feature depended on the other.
Don't compare using frameworks to "re-inventing the wheel", there are more than 100 copies of the same framework, or the idea of it.
And now you're going to try to take a shot at me with that whole "ripped database class" deal? Which was explained? Don't be an echo.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
The ability to remove parts you don't need without breaking the framework? Enlighten me, you don't know if 1 feature depended on the other.
Don't compare using frameworks to "re-inventing the wheel", there are more than 100 copies of the same framework, or the idea of it.
And now you're going to try to take a shot at me with that whole "ripped database class" deal? Which was explained? Don't be an echo.
Laravel works quite well if you remove what you don't need....Maybe you're not competent enough to actually re-wire a framework to work just for your needs and nothing extra?

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Laravel works quite well if you remove what you don't need....Maybe you're not competent enough to actually re-wire a framework to work just for your needs and nothing extra?
What's the point of taking the time to re-wire a framework when you could save time and build your own? See we're back at square one, maybe you're not yet competent enough to have an argument with moi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread