[Mercury v.3.2.1] Error MUS Port listening

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I've had some trouble causing when trying to install the Mercury v3.2.1 Emulator, but at last I got it working... except for the emulator to get stuck, when it tries to listen for connections on my port 30001.
Before this I used PlusEMU and everything worked fine, but since plusemu, didn't include fast food, jukeboxes, camera, or even standard pet training, I wanted a better emulator, Mercury or Nova Emu seems perfect for me, except that both of them don't really work correctly...
Xb2I4qr.png

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
You can add all of those stuff to plus emu

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk
I do know that, but I don't have the skills in C# to do that, nor the time to learn it.
And I figured nobody really would add that to PlusEmu just for me, so well, it would just be a lot easier to get a new emulator. But well, since mostly retro releases is coded by non-skilled youtube noobs, half the shit doesn't work correctly as it's supposed to, because there's no tutorials for it, and they only made it for their specific hotel, and did not really bother to get it working on others devices. ;)

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
I do know that, but I don't have the skills in C# to do that, nor the time to learn it.
And I figured nobody really would add that to PlusEmu just for me, so well, it would just be a lot easier to get a new emulator. But well, since mostly retro releases is coded by non-skilled youtube noobs, half the shit doesn't work correctly as it's supposed to, because there's no tutorials for it, and they only made it for their specific hotel, and did not really bother to get it working on others devices. ;)
Money is the motivation money is the conversation. Pay and everyone will add anything for you :)

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Money is the motivation money is the conversation. Pay and everyone will add anything for you :)

That's true, like a licensed FireWind Emulator costs 250USD.
I'd rather spare the money, and learn it my self, since most will probably just require a bullshit amount of money for it.
The only thing I can offer in return, is a 100% exploit free Ajax PDO ShockCMS, that I have used over 200+ hours coding on. But well, even that wouldn't be worth it.

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
That's true, like a licensed FireWind Emulator costs 250USD.
I'd rather spare the money, and learn it my self, since most will probably just require a bullshit amount of money for it.
Nah not for small features like that. I'm not saying buy a licensed emulator, I'm saying some will code functions to plus. If you're not willing to pay and noone is willing to help for free then learn it yourself :)

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Nah not for small features like that. I'm not saying buy a licensed emulator, I'm saying some will code functions to plus. If you're not willing to pay and noone is willing to help for free then learn it yourself :)

I'm willing to offer some money over PayPal to the guy who would do it for me, but really depends on how much, since it isn't really the hardest to copy features from other peoples files, recode it, and make it useful in another file.

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
I'm willing to offer some money over PayPal to the guy who would do it for me, but really depends on how much, since it isn't really the hardest to copy features from other peoples files, recode it, and make it useful in another file.
Then do it yourself if it isn't that hard :)

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Then do it yourself if it isn't that hard :)

No offense, but I didn't write it wasn't hard, I wrote specifically that it isn't the hardest job to copy others work, recode and configurate it to your own work.
Since that's basically how you learn a coding language, by knowing what the different statements does when written together ;).

But well, if you or any know someone, who might want to earn a few $ for some C# coding, just tell them to pm me :)

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
I didn't write it wasn't hard, I wrote specifically that it isn't the hardest job to copy others work, recode and configurate it to your own work.
Since that's basically how you learn a coding language, by knowing what the different statements does when written together ;).

But well, if you or any know someone, who might want to earn a few $ for some C# coding, just tell them to pm me :)
Yes it kind off is because all emulators arent written the same.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Yes it kind off is because all emulators arent written the same.

Basically, quite many emulators are rip offs of each other mate.. And definitely ALL CMS' are big ripoffs. I haven't seen one CMS, that wasn't as bad as the other (except for the CSS work), and not written in a 8 year old deprecated MySQL.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Back in the days that's how it used to be and yes some off them are rip offs but most of them are not, plus emu, comet, arcturus, none of them are alike and most of current hotels use them :)

That's true, I can't argue with you on that. But all the different versions of the emulators, that's really the big ripoffs. I'm currently using Sledmore's Edit of PlusEMU which is quite nice, and I haven't had one issue with it, other than the fixes that could not be found on *****.

Lordring43

Feb 18, 2012
Well maybe it is because your port is in use by a program running in the background. But i would recommend you to use PlusEmu and wait for the features to be added, PlusEMU is stable in my eyes. But you can add my skype and i would try to look at it. (dk-modz)

Central

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Feb 22, 2015
What LordRing said, if you don't want hassle like this that's very rare in popping up, i'd use PlusEMU, its more stable and more efficient in my own eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread