GTA V Is This GTA V Wait TOO Long?

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
I'm an anticipated fan boy who loves GTA in all its glory for all its reasons. If you care to know heres why;
What can be done is up to me
My imagination gets run wild
and i love role-playing online with friends; and much more but nobody got time for dat

But back to the question at hand do you think Rockstar made a bad move with this "hype late release" and please don't tell me they're spending last 4 months fixing bugs. Thats a fucking joke considering production (making Cd's etc) take in itself a long time. So undoubtedly i know this is a publicity stunt. But do you think this stunt was to much? for me I've waited so long that my hunger for gta v has just vanished really. Just like in real life if i miss a meal, ill be hungry but then the hunger will go away for a while.

What are your thoughts on Rockstar's late release? Are you pissed, ok with it, or confused. Etc.
Post Your Thoughts

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Its just over a month.
They delayed it because obviously something wasn't ready.. I'm sure you'd rather wait than have an unfinished/buggy game. There was no bad move there.
"please don't tell me they're spending last 4 months fixing bugs" - That's what they have done. Stupid little shit.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Its just over a month.
They delayed it because obviously something wasn't ready.. I'm sure you'd rather wait than have an unfinished/buggy game. There was no bad move there.
"please don't tell me they're spending last 4 months fixing bugs" - That's what they have done. Stupid little shit.

Another fanboy who doesnt understand how the world works. Publicity/advertisment stunt pal, smh get that in your head

Evian

Helping noobs since 1996
Feb 17, 2012
I think it creates more anticipation towards the game. I don't wanna pay $50 for a buggy game.

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Another fanboy who doesnt understand how the world works. Publicity/advertisment stunt pal, smh get that in your head

How am I not understanding how the world works.. They delayed it for unknown reasons but they haven't done it for 'advertisement'.. I think you are the one who doesn't know how the world works. Things get delayed because they aren't finished/aren't ready.

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
it is what it is. but its 2 months before ghosts so, gives me something to do until ghosts and gets me off shitty bo2

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
A Publicity Stunt is not what they're after. GTA V is the most anticipated game of 2012 and 2013 according to Game Informer, Rockstar had no reason to create suspense for a game that everyone was already excited about. It was merely to fix the problems that have occurred during development of such a massive game.

Evian

Helping noobs since 1996
Feb 17, 2012
A Publicity Stunt is not what they're after. GTA V is the most anticipated game of 2012 and 2013 according to Game Informer, Rockstar had no reason to create suspense for a game that everyone was already excited about. It was merely to fix the problems that have occurred during development of such a massive game.

There are so many new aspects inside of this game. There we're bound to be a large amount of bugs.

j4ke

Nov 4, 2012
Me too, I am very excited for this game! I am getting it on Xbox 360.
I am also pumped for CoD: Ghosts
But, GTA V is going to be absolutely INSANE!

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013

i appreciate you're reply not attacking me but showing me that bugs are definitely what happened thanks. My perspective has changed. Same with you i appreciate it both of your responses.

Demonz

Oct 6, 2011
Well i got it per-ordered it, and i am in no rush because in the end it will be the best game going, it will be played for years and years so i hope they do there best.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
lol, Are you for real? GTA V is most likely the biggest/advanced game that's going to be released. At least let them finish it and get it right. If you are a real fanboy you'll stay hungry for GTA V until you die.

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
lol, Are you for real? GTA V is most likely the biggest/advanced game that's going to be released. At least let them finish it and get it right. If you are a real fanboy you'll stay hungry for GTA V until you die.

I'd rather wait months to buy a game with absolutely no bugs to enjoy the full potential of it rather than have it released early and play a bugged up game.

I'd rather wait months to buy a game with absolutely no bugs to enjoy the full potential of it rather than have it released early and play a bugged up game.

both of you, well said points.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I have to say, your all right, but at the same time wrong.

Rockstar never confirmed why the delay happened, they settled a few speculating rumors that were going around at the time when the delay was announced by saying "The game isn't as good as we want it to be". That doesn't specify "Bug Fixing" to be exact, nor did they say they wanted more hype for the game.

Partially i do believe they wanted to further improve the game but i also believe it doesn't take 4 months to do bug fixing. By saying that part of me believes it isn't such a coincidence that they initially announced an earlier release for the game before all of the next-gen console hype started up and when the next-gen consoles came to the fore-front of the gaming community they pushed the date back to after E3 which is where at the time everyone expected the new consoles would be announced. When you break it out like that it does sound like a marketing scheme because if GTA V was to be released before the Next-gen consoles were even announced the game would of most definitely died down by that time and a One/PS4 release for the game would most certainly not be a big one.

They are always going to say the game isn't up to the standards that we would like it to be yet, because telling you the truth would impact on their sales.

Rama

Jan 4, 2011
How am I not understanding how the world works.. They delayed it for unknown reasons but they haven't done it for 'advertisement'.. I think you are the one who doesn't know how the world works. Things get delayed because they aren't finished/aren't ready.

He is trying to speak fairly, and you suddenly called him a dumbshit? Just incase you didn't read it properly, he is posting his opinions and asking you to post your opinions, what's wrong in that to call him a dumbshit?

I think we all know who is a dumbshit now, don't we Thom?

Matty2k7

Jan 20, 2013
OFF TOPIC: They Should release a demo that would open limit the world and 1 job to do for each character just so we get to know the characters and how they work for their gaming

ON TOPIC: Id rather wait for a fixed game then a buggy game

Users who are viewing this thread