Is Sulake doing enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
So, I was reading an article about Habbo ( ) and it got me thinking... has Sulake really employed enough people to protect the player's of Habbo hotel. I don't think they are. In my personal opinion, the faster Habbo is shut down the better. What are your view's on this "Paedophile haven" website? The article can be found on Channel 4 New's. I think Habbo will soon be coming to an end.

Some more references (Kaz) -

Shops have pulled out from selling Habbo Gift Cards -

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Wow just read all that, im quite suprised that Channel 4 even thought to attempt it, but then again im not suprised as it gives them a story.
If the game carrys on as it is, its just gonna turn into one of them games that will be left and forgotten about, now Channel have exposed these incidents, they could lose potential new members along with existing if parents realise their child plays it

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
What do you expect?

It's targeted at you children, who are horny adolescents going through puberty. Habbo allows them to express these new wonders and desires for the first time with no social recourse.

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Apparently, if users carry on they may pull the plug.
Haha not true.
They will not do this, as they make so much money from it. It is forever growing and they will not stop until they start to lose money.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Habbo have just commenced a Global Hotel Mute. Noone can talk as everybody is ranting about it. I think something's going on...

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
They're investigating chatlogs. Has anyone tried talking using a packetlogger yet?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
maybe their chatlog table is full? no one can speak :O
They did it on purpose if you read the CEO's twitter feed.
I don't think disabling talking was a smart move. They should force the filter on users and add more words to it until they find a new solution.

<- Naked pixel?

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
Facepalm @ Sulake.
What Channel 4 have done is out of order, they blew everything out of proportion, if they have a problem with kids cybering they shouldn't bitch at Habbo about it, they should bitch at every single MMO in the world as it happens everywhere, it's supposedly twice as bad on IMVU. BBC and ITV are picking up on this issue, things have gone further than they should have with this matter, Club Penguin, IMVU, Facebook, Twitter, etc, pretty much all social networks with kids on them have pedophiles and Habbo cannot be the only one to blame because of this, it's a parents job to inform and educate their children about the dangers of the internet, Habbos t&c is there for a reason, it states that you shouldn't go on "cam" or request "cam" access from anyone else, it also says you break their t&c if you pretend to be someone you're not which this reporter did, theoretically Sulake can bounce back at them with that and say by doing what she did was a t&c violation.

I don't think disabling talking was a smart move. They should force the filter on users and add more words to it until they find a new solution.

<- Naked pixel?
It's someone with a skin coloured shirt on underneath a jacket, just saying.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
pWRnZ.png

Sorry sulake :O

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
The "They make too much money" argument is bullshit.

They merged because they were losing users. 5 years ago you had 10k users on weekdays on habbo.com alone. Now you have 8k with all english hotels merged.

If more advertisers/investors remove their partnership like that 13% one (forgot the company name), they will eventually have to close.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
People are sending around invites on habbo that they're muting the hotel for a month to go through chatlogs then submitting bans to those they think have been inappropriate.

A lot of people are going to be banned if they dot his, lol ;)

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
Bloody news sites, all they do is look for people to "expose" they're worse than those kids on Habbo, the whole reason she got so many requests to "do things" on Msn is because the rooms she's hanging around in are clearly all dating rooms, if she looked at the wider picture on Habbo she'd realize that the dating section of Habbo is where these issues arise, now if you think about the wider majority on Habbo, The gaming community, the trading floor, the helpdesks, the stackers, and even the scripters and hackers, they all out weigh the dating side of things, plus may I remind you that back in 2000ish to around 2003ish Habbo was aimed at much older audience, it's why the majority of the "oldschool" players age is between 25 - 60 (Yes I know of people who're over 60 and play Habbo), when people register on Habbo in the t&c it explains fully how you should and shouldn't do things, it's there for a reason, the problem is with the fact pedophiles are on EVERY website on the internet that has younger people on it, be that Club Penguin, Habbo Hotel, IMVU, BobbaBar, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Bebo, etc. They can't just go around talking crap about Sulake when they're only investigating the dating rooms, if they want a clean and 100% solid report they need to investigate the wider picture, may I also state that Habbo isn't the only site where "Cyber Sexing" exists, it's hell of a lot worse on IMVU and Facebook, if they wish to slag off Sulake they can go right ahead but at the end of the day it's not going to stop people from playing Habbo, Buying furniture, Giving Sulake money and enjoying Habbo for what it really is, C4 News need to go and pull their heads out of their asses and look at the wider picture of the game Habbo Hotel, if they don't their report will never mean anything to anyone who plays, even my own mother agrees that Pedophiles are on any site associated with children, she told me this when I was a young kid, all parents can do to make sure their children are safe on here is tell them "Don't go on MSN with anyone you don't know and don't go showing anyone anything as they can save it and spread it" I got told that as a young child and no pictures of me exist anywhere on the internet.

This global mute has gone way too far and they know it, news just in by the way: WHSmith, Tesco, GAME and other outlets have removed Habbo Prepaid cards from sale due to this whole thing, more people who have shares in Sulake are also planning to drop out, I fail to see the part in their news report which mentions how Habbo has won about 7 online safety awards + done "Ban the cam" events, as well as working with anti bullying companies such as "It Gets Better" and Childline. The media are fucking leeches, they don't have a problem with Habbo they have a problem with the internet.

HabPRO

HabPRO Hotel: The comeback!
May 17, 2012
I saw some comments on Habbo Hotel's Facebook page saying all about the "Dirtyboii" asking for cyber sex through console. And even thought Habbo will soon close. There were open-minded and close-minded comments around the site.

And the global Hotel mute was to investigate about this guy, if not mistaken, who asked for cyber sex. They were ranting on Facebook.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I saw some comments on Habbo Hotel's Facebook page saying all about the "Dirtyboii" asking for cyber sex through console. And even thought Habbo will soon close. There were open-minded and close-minded comments around the site.

And the global Hotel mute was to investigate about this guy, if not mistaken, who asked for cyber sex. They were ranting on Facebook.

"Habbo will soon close", habbo will close but not anytime soon, even with the way the media is portraying them they will continue, despite the fact that their user count has dropped they've gotten more money then ever the past 2 years & it just gets better and better. The global mute is stupid and they have exaggerated wildy.

If you're waiting on habbo closing, don't hold your breath.

chiefqueef

gooby pls
Jan 8, 2012
Let's be honest here. Why're parents not reading up about it before they let children loose on the interwebs, Habbo's slogan is clearly 'Hangout for TEENS' not 'Hangout for stupid 4 year olds' :}

bulletproof

Jan 26, 2012

<- Naked pixel?
maybe a force system like wordfilter that cant be turned off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread