Is Sulake doing enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletproof

Jan 26, 2012
They have that for the pedos. I dont see what c4 are bitching about. It's a game for teens not silly little children prone to stuff like grooming and shit.
they dont have a compulsary wordfilter, you can choose to have it enabled/disabled

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
If a pedophile walks to a park and snatches a child you don't blame the park keepers for not watching nor do you blame the park for being a place where it happened, Habbo isn't to blame here, it's the parents for not properly educating said children about the dangers of the internet.

Predict

Jun 27, 2011
People don't get the fact if Habbo closes, this is going to have a huge effect on retro's, considering if a Multi billion pound company gets shut down for not attending to children's wealthfare, what chance a Retro has when it's moderated by children and the same thing could happen to Retro's, all it takes is one news reporter to "invade" a retro and it's all over. Then every retro will have problems as if one Retro gets shut down, they all will because the law has to be fair, yes? Can't shut one down without shutting them all down.

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
People don't get the fact if Habbo closes, this is going to have a huge effect on retro's, considering if a Multi billion pound company gets shut down for not attending to children's wealthfare, what chance a Retro has when it's moderated by children and the same thing could happen to Retro's, all it takes is one news reporter to "invade" a retro and it's all over. Then every retro will have problems as if one Retro gets shut down, they all will because the law has to be fair, yes? Can't shut one down without shutting them all down.
Retros are in the hundreds, maybe thousands in numbers, no matter what the media says we will continue making retros.

Predict

Jun 27, 2011
Retros are in the hundreds, maybe thousands in numbers, no matter what the media says we will continue making retros.
That's like saying I got an army of thousands of people, but the government have millions?

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
That's like saying I got an army of thousands of people, but the government have millions?
Regardless of the government and army, that's like me saying "5000+ CP sites have been shut down, therefore no CP exists anywhere on the internet" which is a complete understatement, CP is everywhere, CP is like retros but VERY illegal and if you don't know what CP is it stands for Child po... I don't need to say anything else really do I?

Predict

Jun 27, 2011
Wrong, "CP" is worldwide, Habbo Retro's don't exactly have a big community, now does it? Games die out, people loose interest, remove the source and everything will crumble, yes? The source here is Habbo itself and the people packetlogging Habbo's client, but Habbo have already stopped people from developing further, as developments with Habbo emulators these days are 0 to none. Meaning if Habbo goes away, so will all these so called emulations. So far we hot-link a lot of Habbo's goodies, avatar (figures), their habboweb, swf's, .txt documents, now if all that went away, how would be continue our emulation? We can't because we can no longer emulate something which doesn't exist anymore. As soon as Habbo closes, all the figures on the WWW will be useless, as Habbo is hosting them, yes? And I doubt someone will want to play something which is dull and boring (meaning no images for the figures/avatars).

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
Wrong, "CP" is worldwide, Habbo Retro's don't exactly have a big community, now does it? Games die out, people loose interest, remove the source and everything will crumble, yes? The source here is Habbo itself and the people packetlogging Habbo's client, but Habbo have already stopped people from developing further, as developments with Habbo emulators these days are 0 to none. Meaning if Habbo goes away, so will all these so called emulations. So far we hot-link a lot of Habbo's goodies, avatar (figures), their habboweb, swf's, .txt documents, now if all that went away, how would be continue our emulation? We can't because we can no longer emulate something which doesn't exist anymore. As soon as Habbo closes, all the figures on the WWW will be useless, as Habbo is hosting them, yes? And I doubt someone will want to play something which is dull and boring (meaning no images for the figures/avatars).
So far I've seen retros in the following languages: Finnish, English, Spanish, French, Turkish and I've even seen a few Dutch ones, we're a large world wide community, Habbos emulators don't need to be direct copies of Habbo, Habbos fanbase is big enough to keep Habbo alive in a form of private servers, many people have backups of characters looks, furniture and a whole bunch more shit like that, hosting your own DCRS, SWFs, TEXTs isn't hard in the slightest. Anyone can do it, and what they say is "as soon as something is on the internet, someone has it" meaning chances are exact copies of Habbo are possible to make (minus Habbos accounts, of course) without Habbo its self actually existing, plus remaking Habbo from scratch is not a hard thing to do by any means. If Habbo no longer exists retros will grow in numbers as less people will be scared of being shut down for it. I'm sorry if my post makes no sens but I'm having 100 conversations at once here and it's not exactly easy, thanks - Looking forward to a reply.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
" remaking Habbo from scratch is not a hard thing to do by any means." Like you can do it.

Also developers wouldn't come up with their own ideas so retros wouldn't be updated.

Predict

Jun 27, 2011
So far I've seen retros in the following languages: Finnish, English, Spanish, French, Turkish and I've even seen a few Dutch ones, we're a large world wide community, Habbos emulators don't need to be direct copies of Habbo, Habbos fanbase is big enough to keep Habbo alive in a form of private servers, many people have backups of characters looks, furniture and a whole bunch more shit like that, hosting your own DCRS, SWFs, TEXTs isn't hard in the slightest. Anyone can do it, and what they say is "as soon as something is on the internet, someone has it" meaning chances are exact copies of Habbo are possible to make (minus Habbos accounts, of course) without Habbo its self actually existing, plus remaking Habbo from scratch is not a hard thing to do by any means. If Habbo no longer exists retros will grow in numbers as less people will be scared of being shut down for it. I'm sorry if my post makes no sens but I'm having 100 conversations at once here and it's not exactly easy, thanks - Looking forward to a reply.

How can we keep the development going when the whole idea of an emulation is to emulate the game? When they've already encrypted their source code which has stopped development and have you see anyone around here who can continue a fanbase habbo emulator? Since I haven't and why would we want to code from scratch when the whole idea was to emulate Habbo in the first place.

Last time I checked, Habbo was hosting the avatars on their host and no one has emulated it, meaning when Habbo goes, we're all going to be dull figures with no imagery, since I don't think the SWF has the habbo-imagery inside the source?

And haven't you seen the news? Parents are going to stop their children from going onto Habbo because of pedophiles, meaning how are Retros going to pay for their hosting when their parents have stopped them? Oh wait they can't? And Adsense have started to cancle their adverts on Retro's meaning you're stuck with shitty/cheap adverts making 0 to nothing.

Pok3

Jun 4, 2012
" remaking Habbo from scratch is not a hard thing to do by any means." Like you can do it.

Also developers wouldn't come up with their own ideas so retros wouldn't be updated.
I didn't say I could do it at any point in my post you burk, read it properly. Someone who knew how to do such things could do it easily enough though, it's not exactly rocket science. Some developers have made all kinds of "Custom" private versions of Habbo, look at roleplay servers for example, that's enough proof to show people actually do bring their own ideas forward in private server development. Regardless of what you say private servers won't die nor lose popularity any time soon, a lot of v18 and v26 retros have got hell of a lot of attention over the past two years. Look at Force for example, it was one of the biggest ones on the internet before it closed.

How can we keep the development going when the whole idea of an emulation is to emulate the game? When they've already encrypted their source code which has stopped development and have you see anyone around here who can continue a fanbase habbo emulator? Since I haven't and why would we want to code from scratch when the whole idea was to emulate Habbo in the first place.

Last time I checked, Habbo was hosting the avatars on their host and no one has emulated it, meaning when Habbo goes, we're all going to be dull figures with no imagery, since I don't think the SWF has the habbo-imagery inside the source?

And haven't you seen the news? Parents are going to stop their children from going onto Habbo because of pedophiles, meaning how are Retros going to pay for their hosting when their parents have stopped them? Oh wait they can't? And Adsense have started to cancle their adverts on Retro's meaning you're stuck with shitty/cheap adverts making 0 to nothing.
I do get your point, my other argument is though I'm sure emulating something like that isn't too hard, the chances of Habbo closing are slim anyway, yes, there's a chance, but a slim one at that, if anything Sulake will just sell Habbo to another company, even if Habbos name is tarnished at the moment it's still a very profitable product, it shows even though no one can speak over 2000 people are still online, it's sort of nice to see people coming together like that.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
They did it on purpose if you read the CEO's twitter feed.
I don't think disabling talking was a smart move. They should force the filter on users and add more words to it until they find a new solution.

<- Naked pixel?
Filter's do nothing... people will always find a way to bypass a filter...

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Im already getting prepared for habbos shut down xD
Making habbo-imageing, and ripping shit we wont be able to use from them when they shutdown ;)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
They are investigating all about the pedo blahblahblah, they never gave hints about shutting down although the fact they are removing Pixels ..
On every end.. is a new beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread