ImagineCMS | NodeJS | Websockets | Plugins | Graphql

LeChris

https://habbo.codes/
Sep 30, 2013
Let’s be honest, it's very hard for you to finish projects, we have now 2 beautifully cms (atom, Orion). What's your game plan to get close to them and all the functionalities they offer?
“Art is never finished, only abandoned”

When did Atom become a real time, graphql, plugin based CMS with full drag and drop support of building web pages?

Laravel

Elite Donator
Nov 29, 2020
“Art is never finished, only abandoned”

When did Atom become a real time, graphql, plugin based CMS with full drag and drop support of building web pages?
Atom never became a drag and drop web builder with GraphQL and Websockets, etc... just down to the fact it would've been overkill for what Atom was primarily built to be, a multi-theme codebase with a great housekeeping using the latest technologies.

Very cool concept though, I will jump on the discord channel to watch the changes :)
Post automatically merged:

Lets be honest, it's very hard for you to finish projects, we have now 2 beautifully cms (atom, Orion). What's your game plan to get close to them and all the functionalities they offer?
I wouldn't personally de-moralise his efforts. This community is jam packed of people who require a lot of spoon feeding (thus atom and orion having such a on the edge of simplicity setup), and it's nice to see someone using very modern frameworks to build something for the more experienced developers to play with.

Let's look at the most modern codebase in the community, Billsons Nitro Client, written in React and uses Websockets and everyone jumped on board real quick, began understanding the codebase and excelled in making improvements.

Support projects as a community please.

Last edited:

LeChris

Sep 30, 2013
Atom never became a drag and drop web builder with GraphQL and Websockets, etc... just down to the fact it would've been overkill for what Atom was primarily built to be, a multi-theme codebase with a great housekeeping using the latest technologies.

Very cool concept though, I will jump on the discord channel to watch the changes :)
Post automatically merged:
I wouldn't personally de-moralise his efforts. This community is jam packed of people who require a lot of spoon feeding (thus atom and orion having such a on the edge of simplicity setup), and it's nice to see someone using very modern frameworks to build something for the more experienced developers to play with.

Let's look at the most modern codebase in the community, Billsons Nitro Client, written in React and uses Websockets and everyone jumped on board real quick, began understanding the codebase and excelled in making improvements.

Support projects as a community please.
They were built that way because making an actual CMS is complicated. Laravel is a nice framework for generating rapid, beginner level sites but it abstracts 90% of the logic from you. Last time I used it, I was a teenager.

Laravel is extremely dated, not exactly “the latest technology.” I released a habbo cms using Laravel in 2013 lol

Neither Atom or Orion are multi theme, not in any real sense of what the word means. They let you change your public folder, but you have to rewrite the components per theme. It’s as much multi theme, as rev is when you have to recode everything.

Nobody in the community really improved Nitro, arguably I think Bill got screwed by a lot of people monetizing leaky edits of Nitro. Similar reason why I don’t let other devs work on my code, too many cooks in the kitchen will rapidly devalue a project.

Laravel

Elite Donator
Nov 29, 2020
They were built that way because making an actual CMS is complicated. Laravel is a nice framework for generating rapid, beginner level sites but it abstracts 90% of the logic from you. Last time I used it, I was a teenager.

Laravel is extremely dated, not exactly “the latest technology.” I released a habbo cms using Laravel in 2013 lol

Neither Atom or Orion are multi theme, not in any real sense of what the word means. They let you change your public folder, but you have to rewrite the components per theme. It’s as much multi theme, as rev is when you have to recode everything.

Nobody in the community really improved Nitro, arguably I think Bill got screwed by a lot of people monetizing leaky edits of Nitro. Similar reason why I don’t let other devs work on my code, too many cooks in the kitchen will rapidly devalue a project.
Completely agree on the first point, the concept of a CMS is not what we build but I think for legacy reasons, people call it a CMS.

I think you need to do your research before saying "Laravel is dated", it's the most innovative framework and most supported framework in the tech community..

Opinions are opinions, i'll leave you to yours :)

LeChris

Sep 30, 2013
Completely agree on the first point, the concept of a CMS is not what we build but I think for legacy reasons, people call it a CMS.

I think you need to do your research before saying "Laravel is dated", it's the most innovative framework and most supported framework in the tech community..

Opinions are opinions, i'll leave you to yours :)
it’s the most supported framework in the PhP community. PhP is dated within itself , Laravel is a 15 year old framework that relies on b2b SaaS sales

I use NodeJS, Go and Rust which are much more modern and recent :)

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
it’s the most supported framework in the PhP community. PhP is dated within itself , Laravel is a 15 year old framework that relies on b2b SaaS sales

I use NodeJS, Go and Rust which are much more modern and recent :)
Isn’t nodejs older than Laravel?

And also by saying php is dated within itself wouldn’t that count for anything Js based too if so?

From your comments it sounds like you last used laravel many many years ago and it kinda makes it seems like the regular “php sucked over a decade ago and I never bothered trying it again but still base my judgement of such” hate train.

Regardless I’ve seen u built cool stuff before and I’m sure you can make “imagine” something amazing too.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Isn’t nodejs older than Laravel?
NodeJS is not a framework. I do use NestJS which came out in 2018 :)
That being said, pHp came out in 1995. Node 2010, Go 2012, Rust 2015. phP is literally older than I am

From your comments it sounds like you last used laravel many many years ago and it kinda makes it seems like the regular “php sucked over a decade ago and I never bothered trying it again but still base my judgement of such” hate train.
php was my first language and i used laravel, cakephp, illuminate and all the other bs. i left php for languages that have much better type support and performance. i use it now and then if a job requires it, but don't go out of my way for it.

laravel isn't bad, but it's not my cup of tea. it's a framework made for people that hate coding. laravel abstracts 90% of development away so people can make really impressive apps, but have little to no idea of what's actually being done beneath the surface /

Laravel

Elite Donator
Nov 29, 2020
NodeJS is not a framework. I do use NestJS which came out in 2018 :)
That being said, pHp came out in 1995. Node 2010, Go 2012, Rust 2015. phP is literally older than I am

php was my first language and i used laravel, cakephp, illuminate and all the other bs. i left php for languages that have much better type support and performance. i use it now and then if a job requires it, but don't go out of my way for it.

laravel isn't bad, but it's not my cup of tea. it's a framework made for people that hate coding. laravel abstracts 90% of development away so people can make really impressive apps, but have little to no idea of what's actually being done beneath the surface /
I’m gonna wrap this discussion up as I was going for the supportive approach and it looks like there is a lot of dev opinions that everyone is entitled to 😂

Node, Nest, Laravel, Rust, GoLang, all amazing frameworks and programming languages collectively, all have great use cases and failures lol

Like I said before, appreciate seeing active development on something out of the community norm, will follow development and will throw ideas or review code where needed!

Best of luck, let’s hear some updates 😊

Users who are viewing this thread