Imagine ~ Excel above the rest (Mutli Theme, Page Editor, Mutli DB)+

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
So, I took a break from the back-end and decided to organize myself a little. After reading into more documentation of Angular I realized it's able to process a lot of what Angular handles, and also do it more efficiently and faster. So, I gone ahead and uploaded what's finished of the front-end. Enjoy Habbo the way it's meant to be, and coming soon to retros everywhere. :)

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
So, I took a break from the back-end and decided to organize myself a little. After reading into more documentation of Angular I realized it's able to process a lot of what Angular handles, and also do it more efficiently and faster. So, I gone ahead and uploaded what's finished of the front-end. Enjoy Habbo the way it's meant to be, and coming soon to retros everywhere. :)
Enjoy what? Nothing is functioning. Is this a joke?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Enjoy what? Nothing is functioning. Is this a joke?
Sorry mate, forgot that using AngularJS to roll out the web-page isn't a function but perhaps a downfall. As my competition, Rev for example is by far superior with it's loading speeds, and also modernistic usage. The back-end is being re-coded due to me adding in AngularJS (which takes a lot of dependability off Laravel, and I believe Habbo uses Angular which makes it's own website faster.)

I added a few quick pages to demonstrate it. I'll code this project in my spare time, alongside my high school finals + a website I have to make for the humane society in my county.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Sorry mate, forgot that using AngularJS to roll out the web-page isn't a function but perhaps a downfall. As my competition, Rev for example is by far superior with it's loading speeds, and also modernistic usage. The back-end is being re-coded due to me adding in AngularJS (which takes a lot of dependability off Laravel, and I believe Habbo uses Angular which makes it's own website faster.)

I added a few quick pages to demonstrate it. I'll code this project in my spare time, alongside my high school finals + a website I have to make for the humane society in my county.
I wouldn't call Rev your competition, you haven't reach that level yet. And Rev isn't modern, it utilizes deprecated methods such as the usage of the old MySQL API, which makes it insecure and open to several exploitation. As demonstrated multiple times by several people.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I wouldn't call Rev your competition, you haven't reach that level yet. And Rev isn't modern, it utilizes deprecated methods such as the usage of the old MySQL API, which makes it insecure and open to several exploitation. As demonstrated multiple times by several people.
reached*
Any CMS in the retro scene is competition, and if I must recall I was actually running a functional back-end with login, etc but decided to back-track to add in support for AngularJS as it drastically enhances the performance.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
reached*
Any CMS in the retro scene is competition, and if I must recall I was actually running a functional back-end with login, etc but decided to back-track to add in support for AngularJS as it drastically enhances the performance.
Does your system actually do the job of a content management system? If not, don't bother calling it a CMS. Most systems present in the retros scene now aren't content management systems, not even Rev (well, except for Habboon's edit of Rev). Why newbies keep referring to them as that, is beyond me. And as I said, your system did not reach the competitive level yet, it's broken. To at least get it on the low level of competing against other popular systems in the retros scene, it needs to be functional.

In my honest opinion, your problem is you're always trying to integrate something new that you lose your focus and end up screwed in the middle, you were first on track with (presuming) everything working fine, until you suddenly got the idea of using AngularJS and Laravel, which as demonstrated by yourself, made you lose your focus and resulted in a broken product. I know what I'm speaking of, because I speak from experience, at a certain point in the long gone past, I committed the same mistake, not once, not twice, but multiple times before I learnt the lesson. You want to integrate AngularJS and Laravel? Fine, just don't do it during an ongoing development, at least finish the revision you're currently working on, then in the next revision, you may reset the work and start fresh with new technologies such as AngularJS & Laravel, at least then you would already have a finished product and people wouldn't blame you if your development was delayed or such because you'd have the first revision already released and thus you would shut people up.

Any updates?

@Khalil Also, 2 step authorization is added as per one step being the direct login (email + pass), and the secondary is loaded as a widget onto the dashboard, where it'll check your IP and if it's the last IP you used, it'll allow it otherwise it'll require you to answer security questions which you identified on your first login.
Umm, that's just plain stupid. Obviously the last used IP is not going to be the same as the current IP, so that check you're doing is useless.

Also, I just noticed something in one of your snippet, please note that 'session_start()' should always be at the top of your PHP code, as in, the very first thing to be written, unless it's preceded by 'ob_start()', in which case, it'll come second.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Hey mate, there's no updates lately as I been at the hospital recently, and also helping the Humane Society in my town with a website. I'm re-doing this project to use Laravel as it's intended with AngularJS (Restful API) - and thanks Khalil for the help. I may dumb things down a bit as of now to keep things simple, since retro's do not need anything too advanced when most users can barely handle setting up a Java emulator.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
This looks 10x better than what I saw last time.
And as for that Avatar Creation, I could help you develop the original one on habbo its very easy with json response.

iExit

May 24, 2013
Nobody in this fckn world needs Laravel. Laravel is bullshit. But nice try tho
Btw, isnt this my javascript style creator? Thank you for the credits haha.

AronVW

Nov 17, 2012
Laravel is currently classed as the number one most popular and mostly used framework by PHP programmers. Your argument is thus, invalid.

It's really valid, as a framework needs to make things easier. You really can't say that from Laravel, can you?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Sorry for the delay in updates, and what has been going on. Yes, Project Imagine still exists and is proceeding well however a break has been taken to proceed on the administrative end of things. Thread has been updated to showcase iAdmin which will be used for Project Imagine, and also for any other hotel wanting a multi-database panel.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I'm starting on the Phoenix classes tomorrow, so I'll share those snippets tomorrow and I'm following most of Laravel's coding structure, so coding wise it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread