Show DevBest https://folderly.me - Simple free file hosting.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Finally decided to finish my project, so here goes a little information about Folderly.

What is Folderly?

Folderly.me is a free file hosting company, which was built with the idea in mind that file management could be done much more simple.

Why Folderly?
Folderly is a quick and easily accessible website that allows for you to cut to the chase and get your files uploaded or downloaded without being held back by confusing and lethargic web layouts.

Storage?
With up to 10GB of free upload storage space, Folderly allows for you to manage your files without having to consistently worry about going over the limit. This allows you the end user to have peace of mind in knowing that you do not need to constantly clear space on your Folderly profile. Stay tuned for +10GB storage Folderly packages.

URL:

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
Looks good overall, I like the design of it, and the colours used.
Could I suggest that you edit the footer slightly?
Below is a couple of screenshots of what I came up with, I just think it makes them look sleeker :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
In my opinion, it looks very generic. It's simple, as you tried to achieve, but it's way too simple. You can see it's heavily influenced by Bootstrap and doesn't appeal the user to actually choose this above, for example, Imgur.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
In my opinion, it looks very generic. It's simple, as you tried to achieve, but it's way too simple. You can see it's heavily influenced by Bootstrap and doesn't appeal the user to actually choose this above, for example, Imgur.
Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. I understand what you mean and I don't at the same time. Because we're using BootStrap users will be turned off by our site?

Personally, I think when it comes to file hosting etc, it comes down to how simple, easy and fast the service is. Rather than what framework we're using, Imgur is one of the most popular used image hosting? how can that be bad lol.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. I understand what you mean and I don't at the same time. Because we're using BootStrap users will be turned off by our site?

Personally, I think when it comes to file hosting etc, it comes down to how simple, easy and fast the service is. Rather than what framework we're using, Imgur is one of the most popular used image hosting? how can that be bad lol.
I'll try to explain a bit better. It looks too boring. Personally, when I see a design that's like this (no offense, but it looks like a creation from someone who just started experimenting with Bootstrap), I assume the website won't work that great either. Even though you want it to be simple, it still needs to be appealing to the eye. One thing I'd change for sure is the color scheme, use more bright colors.

Putting both the login and register like the way you did now is also a bit confusing. You'll fill in the wrong fields quite quick if you're in a hurry. I know you want both things on the index, but something you could do is like a checkbox that says "I don't have an account yet", which adds the extra fields needed but keeps it the same.

Another thing is the Font Awesome icons, which look quite plain if you use them without any styling in menu items etc. Keep your navigation clean and simple, it doesn't need icons. Padding is also very important. For example your navigation and footer aren't aligned in the middle, which makes it look off.

For the form itself, give it a bit more styling - and make sure you are being uniform. Your input fields have a border radius, but the buttons are blue blocks. Doesn't fit together.

The site in general is simple, but a bit too simple and boring. Personally, I wouldn't choose to use this as it doesn't look professional. But that's just my opinion, and not meant to put you down in any way.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I'll try to explain a bit better. It looks too boring. Personally, when I see a design that's like this (no offense, but it looks like a creation from someone who just started experimenting with Bootstrap), I assume the website won't work that great either. Even though you want it to be simple, it still needs to be appealing to the eye. One thing I'd change for sure is the color scheme, use more bright colors.

Putting both the login and register like the way you did now is also a bit confusing. You'll fill in the wrong fields quite quick if you're in a hurry. I know you want both things on the index, but something you could do is like a checkbox that says "I don't have an account yet", which adds the extra fields needed but keeps it the same.

Another thing is the Font Awesome icons, which look quite plain if you use them without any styling in menu items etc. Keep your navigation clean and simple, it doesn't need icons. Padding is also very important. For example your navigation and footer aren't aligned in the middle, which makes it look off.

For the form itself, give it a bit more styling - and make sure you are being uniform. Your input fields have a border radius, but the buttons are blue blocks. Doesn't fit together.

The site in general is simple, but a bit too simple and boring. Personally, I wouldn't choose to use this as it doesn't look professional. But that's just my opinion, and not meant to put you down in any way.
Thank you again, for your opinion. I do however agree with you in some aspect.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
i think it looks good and would definitely use it. some people just like to add their 2 cents of unneeded critcism

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
i think it looks good and would definitely use it. some people just like to add their 2 cents of unneeded critcism

Constructive critisism is never unneeded. I work in a company where UX is very important, and it teached me that there's always room for improvement. Next time, leave your unneeded commentary to yourself as I will warn for it.

Within development different views on different subjects is important. Constructive critisism is a big part of this. I encourage this in Coders Paradise. Someone doesn't have to agree with certain points of feedback, as there will always be different views. The important part is a respectful back and forth.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Does bootstrap really have any impact on where I'd choose to host files? Not really, nor do I think (as long as it's still user friendly) thing such as the colours scheme are *hugely* important but I agree with some of Wess' points still. To me reliability and speed are the most important so good luck with your project!

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
Good project! Its useful.
The thing is on my phone (Galaxy Note II) The login and register form looked a bit different, i say, i guess?
Attachements:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-24-17-39-30.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-24-17-39-30.png
    179 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread