How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 3)

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
Hello,

The problem with the 500 error has been solved.
What remains is that the client does not want to load.
check the config on the emulator and client make sure it right if so go over the tutorial again
Post automatically merged:

mind you where the dev branch still cant see it lol

Tronics

Jul 8, 2021
check the config on the emulator and client make sure it right if so go over the tutorial again

mind you where the dev branch still cant see it lol
I went through each step again but I keep getting stuck with a white screen.
You must be registered for see images attach

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
I went through each step again but I keep getting stuck with a white screen.
ik i said this before, but I promise to update this part as soon as I have time. been super busy past couple of weeks sadly. it wont be too long tho, perhaps during next week

Last edited:

Tronics

Jul 8, 2021
ik i said this before, but I promise to update this part as soon as I have time. been super busy past couple of weeks sadly. it wont be too long tho, perhaps tomorrow or during the weekend
Thanks for your comment. Take it easy. I can see it appearing naturally. It would be great if you could help me as I followed your great tutorial but still get 404 errors but can't find where they come from.

madbomb045

Sep 7, 2019
I was finally able to get the client to load. Now i'm getting a websocket error. ive repeated the steps over and over again and i just cant figure it out. if anyone could give me a hand i would greatly appreciate it.

Gumzy

Jan 24, 2018
I've managed to fix the white screen issue with the client but now I'm stuck on 40% with no updates on the emulator.

Any ideas?

I've also noticed that the atom-bs theme doesn't seem to work.

You're redirected to a 500 server error screen.

Last edited:

Zara

Dec 18, 2016
I've completed everything, but unable to register an account. It says 500 Server Error.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-17 184813.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-17 184813.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 13

Zara

Dec 18, 2016
Not sure if this information is of any use, but I tried setting up on xampp and it still shows the 500 server error after registration. However, when I tried those pre-installed atomcms files, they work perfectly, both the CMS and client. So I guess its some configurations in the files that are resulting to this 500 server error? Haven't managed to find any solutions for now.

Edit: Found the problem to the 500 server error. Now the registration works, but I'm getting 404 error in the client page.

Last edited:

DRTomaa

Oct 20, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for your tutorial, it works for me on Chrome but I have an issue on Mozilla. I'm stuck at 20% with this error :
Block from multi-origin request (Cross-Origin Request) : « Same Origin » doesn't allow the access of distant resource situated on . Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing. Code: 200.
The error message was translated from French so it's not 100% accurate. Also MY-DOMAIN in the url is my real domain, I just hid it.

Thanks for your help !

MarcusDev

Just trying to get it working
Nov 10, 2015
Hi
Incredibly well written guide, it's been fun following this one.
But I have encountered a small problem.
When I was to compile nitro v2, I get this message.
It says built in 298ms, but I don't know if that confirms it got the job done or not. Seems like there is something that can affect the runtime anyway.

I was also wondering when I installed the required dependencies through npm, I found that there was an updated version, as well as 1 moderate vulnerability.
Is there some reason why I can't update or should it be fine?

UPDATE:
Okey. So after some testing and trying out different things, I think I found the answer.
My main problem was that I could not compile nitro v2. What I did here to finally compile it was:
  1. I deleted the "nitro-react" folder inside the main nitro folder.
    Code:
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\atomcms\public\client\nitro\nitro-react(This folder got deleted)
  2. I run the clone command again, but this time without checking out the dev batch.
    Code:
    cd C:\inetpub\wwwroot\atomcms\public\client\nitro && git clone https://github.com/billsonnn/nitro-react.git
  3. After this the compile did complete, but I got a white screen wen trying to access the client, and the console said that it missed different files. The files I missed was never gone, but the names was wrong from what the index.html inside the dist folder wanted. What I ended up doing was copying the number behind the files, and inserting it in the index.html. See picture:
  4. Next thing I did was correct the path for the index.css file inside index.html.
  5. And last thing, I changed the websockets.whitelist because I got a weird socket error in the console. This solved the problem for me.

6. Code:
    websockets.whitelist = *.URL
    No :// At the end
Thanks to this verry good guide I have my hotel up and running :)

Last edited:

DRTomaa

Oct 20, 2020
Hi
Incredibly well written guide, it's been fun following this one.
But I have encountered a small problem.
When I was to compile nitro v2, I get this message.
It says built in 298ms, but I don't know if that confirms it got the job done or not. Seems like there is something that can affect the runtime anyway.

I was also wondering when I installed the required dependencies through npm, I found that there was an updated version, as well as 1 moderate vulnerability.
Is there some reason why I can't update or should it be fine?

Hey, for the second issue with npm, try running this after "npm i":
Code:
npm audit fix
You should have 0 vulnerability after this.

For the first one, I've done some researches and it looks like nitro-renderer is not installed when doing "yarn install" in nitro-react's folder.

I've tried this:
Code:
yarn add @nitrots/nitro-renderer
and then "yarn build : prod"

Now it's building the assets but I've got a new error message during the build and I don't have any solution for this.

If someone think about a solution, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcusDev

Just trying to get it working
Nov 10, 2015
Hey, for the second issue with npm, try running this after "npm i":
Code:
npm audit fix
You should have 0 vulnerability after this.

For the first one, I've done some researches and it looks like nitro-renderer is not installed when doing "yarn install" in nitro-react's folder.

I've tried this:
Code:
yarn add @nitrots/nitro-renderer
and then "yarn build : prod"

Now it's building the assets but I've got a new error message during the build and I don't have any solution for this.

If someone think about a solution, let me know.
Check out my updated details above. Maybe that can help you :)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
I've updated the thread to no longer use the dev branch of nitro as the main and dev is on pair currently.

I've also updated the 2023 hotel files to now incclude pets & fixed hotel view.

Another thing is I've updated the nitro compilation steps so that it now (hopefully) wont cause further issues :)

Last edited:

issakai

Nov 25, 2020
I've finally retried the tutorial and was going well but ended up getting stuck at 40%. Pretty sure I've followed it step by step but did I missed something? Thank you

Attachments

• 1691152719922.png
    1691152719922.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 17

Playboy

Jan 22, 2022
Hi @Object thank you for your helpful tutorial!

For some reason I get this error when I try to load the client to enter the game:

• I made sure I had the emulator running.
  • I also wiped my entire VPS clean and followed the tutorial parts 1, 2, and 3 again and still got this same error.

What could be causing this 500 | SERVER ERROR? I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Ethical

PixelRP.
Nov 30, 2016
Hi @Object thank you for your helpful tutorial!

For some reason I get this error when I try to load the client to enter the game:

• I made sure I had the emulator running.
  • I also wiped my entire VPS clean and followed the tutorial parts 1, 2, and 3 again and still got this same error.

What could be causing this 500 | SERVER ERROR? I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
Seems like it’s not finding your nitro swf file, go over your swf files and make sure everything is correct.

Playboy

Jan 22, 2022
Seems like it’s not finding your nitro swf file, go over your swf files and make sure everything is correct.
Hey thank you for your reply, do you know what's the path for the swf files?

Would it be: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\atomcms\public\client\nitro\swf ?

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Hey thank you for your reply, do you know what's the path for the swf files?

Would it be: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\atomcms\public\client\nitro\swf ?
Visit: your-domain/log-viewer

Or do one of the following methods described here:

Then if you need help, feel free to post the error here :)

Users who are viewing this thread