How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 3)

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
So after going over it 25 times I think I got there however this bit where I meant to have a dist folder is not there
yet cmd said it done

Attachments

• arn build.png
    arn build.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 18
  • folder nitro.png
    folder nitro.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 18

uiniu

Jul 7, 2023
I want to install it on my server.
VPS server type 'Ubuntu' system is useful for the purpose?
Is the installation the same steps as the Windows system or are there differences?

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
I want to install it on my server.
VPS server type 'Ubuntu' system is useful for the purpose?
Is the installation the same steps as the Windows system or are there differences?
Ubuntu is generally a command line server, you will need something such as Apache on Linux rather than IIS

uiniu

Jul 7, 2023
Ubuntu is generally a command line server, you will need something such as Apache on Linux rather than IIS
I use Hostinger hosting that only has these OS (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian).
Any of those would fit into this project?

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
I use Hostinger hosting that only has these OS (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian).
Any of those would fit into this project?
Yeh, it should be fine just would need things such as Apache instead of IIS but I would guess it should all be fine

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Updated the thread

Guide now explains the process of checking out the correct nitro branch, where as before it had specified an incorrect one

Also added a script that will update the index.html within the dist folder so the assets links correctly - This saves the process of doing it manually, causing confusion. (This script has only been tested on Linux, so do let me know if your experiencing issue with it). You'll find the guide on how to run the script within the "Compile the nitro client:" part

fzefgizeoge

Jun 9, 2018
There is no NITRO_CLIENT_PATH=/client/nitro/nitro-react/dist
Do you mean NITRO_CLIENT_PATH=/client/nitro/nitro-react/build ?

You updated the thread, but 'bash' doesn't work on windows.
Trying it in git bash gives the following error: bash: nitro-index-fix.sh: No such file or directory

I also have this error:
I'm not sure how to fix it because I'm working on localhost so I don't use Cloudfare.

Attachments

• d.png
    d.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 20
  • a.png
    a.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 20
  • b.png
    b.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

mark472

Jun 15, 2014
There is no NITRO_CLIENT_PATH=/client/nitro/nitro-react/dist
Do you mean NITRO_CLIENT_PATH=/client/nitro/nitro-react/build ?

You updated the thread, but 'bash' doesn't work on windows.
Trying it in git bash gives the following error: bash: nitro-index-fix.sh: No such file or directory

I also have this error:
I'm not sure how to fix it because I'm working on localhost so I don't use Cloudfare.

To get the dist folder you need to get the dev branch. i downloaded it manually from git.
If you use the main branch you'll get the build folder instead of the dist.

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
To get the dist folder you need to get the dev branch. i downloaded it manually from git.
If you use the main branch you'll get the build folder instead of the dist.
ill purchase a windows server when im back home, so I can fix the guide properly, as all the rewritten parts was done from top of my head

madbomb045

Sep 7, 2019
When trying to run "npm run build:atom" i get the below error message. Did i miss something?

edit: DB password had special characters. updated password with quotations then cloned atomcms again and everything works now with cms. just having issues with the client atm. will reach out if i continue to have issues.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

K4denkPO

Jul 9, 2023
Can you clarify this part please as I do not seem to have the /dist folder????

thank you
Once your inside the "C:/inetpub/wwwroot/atomcms/public/client/nitro/nitro-react/dist" folder open the "index.html" in your preferred editor and find:

madbomb045

Sep 7, 2019
I'm having the same issue that mark472 had with the client html. white screen, added periods on the assets now have a black screen. not seeing any connection's in the emulator tho.

Tronics

Jul 8, 2021
Best,

I have set everything up correctly and can log in properly. When I want to start the client, it stays white (blank/empty). I also don't see a login to the Emulator. I don't know what I did wrong.

I also have an error message on the staff page.

EngeldesTodes

Feb 21, 2011
Best,

I have set everything up correctly and can log in properly. When I want to start the client, it stays white (blank/empty). I also don't see a login to the Emulator. I don't know what I did wrong.

I also have an error message on the staff page.

the 500 error is IIS related check your IIS configs as to the emulator you don't need to login to the emulator as longmit runs and shows it online that all it matters

Tronics

Jul 8, 2021
the 500 error is IIS related check your IIS configs as to the emulator you don't need to login to the emulator as longmit runs and shows it online that all it matters
Thanks for your comment.
It has nothing to do with the IIS configuration that, among other things, the staff page does not function.

I also know that there is no login to the Emulator. But I don't see a login passing by that a user starts up the "hotel". The "client" screen also remains white as in my previous response.

I just checked my configuration again, but unfortunately it doesn't make me any wiser.

Anyone have any suggestions?

EngeldesTodes

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for your comment.
It has nothing to do with the IIS configuration that, among other things, the staff page does not function.

I also know that there is no login to the Emulator. But I don't see a login passing by that a user starts up the "hotel". The "client" screen also remains white as in my previous response.

I just checked my configuration again, but unfortunately it doesn't make me any wiser.

Anyone have any suggestions?
did the user say system admin or something

Users who are viewing this thread