Hauppauge HD PVR 1 - Best settings?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hey,

I've done a fair bit of research to figure out some decent settings for this capture card, I've got the HDTV settings on my XBOX set to '1080i', and Widescreen (16:9).

Here is a picture of my device settings properties:

3586d998e2f04744ff6d70468c06209e.png

Here is a picture of my format settings properties:

bfe8e77a849b239a9faf59bda423fb4f.png

And finally, here is a little video I just put together, I recorded it in the format 'M2TS' I'll probably try out MP4 next.

Any ideas? Also, any good ideas for what I could use to edit with and bring down file size?​

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
I have a Hauppage HD PVR. Mines Gaming Edition though, I'm not sure if there's any similarities or differences.
I didn't have to really set mine up.

I plugged the 100000 wires into the PVR, Xbox and TV.
Then installed the editing studio software from the disk provided.
I connected the USB wire from the back of the PVR and my laptop, opened the software, and the recordings shown on screen.

I recommend downloading Sony Vegas, when you're uploading a video, open it in Sony Vegas and edit the render settings. You can Youtube these for the best results, however it takes the piss.
Once you've done this, the video quality should be fine - You don't have to mess with any settings on your computer :p

Hope I helped.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I have a Hauppage HD PVR. Mines Gaming Edition though, I'm not sure if there's any similarities or differences.
I didn't have to really set mine up.

I plugged the 100000 wires into the PVR, Xbox and TV.
Then installed the editing studio software from the disk provided.
I connected the USB wire from the back of the PVR and my laptop, opened the software, and the recordings shown on screen.

I recommend downloading Sony Vegas, when you're uploading a video, open it in Sony Vegas and edit the render settings. You can Youtube these for the best results, however it takes the piss.
Once you've done this, the video quality should be fine - You don't have to mess with any settings on your computer :p

Hope I helped.

Lol'd @100000 wires, main reason I wanted Elgato. - I was told to use Sony Vegas, so I probably will do after, I've been told my current settings are actually quite good, just want to do the best before I get to Sony Vegas.

I only changed the quality on the PVR settings because I want to play in 1080i, w/ a nice performance for myself and the recording. :p I may edit the device settings properties :p.

Cheers anyway.

xNielsBeatZ

Oct 24, 2012
Maybe turn down the volume a bit next time, although the quality is very good.

I use an Elgato Game Capture for my commentaries on youtube.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Lol'd @100000 wires, main reason I wanted Elgato. - I was told to use Sony Vegas, so I probably will do after, I've been told my current settings are actually quite good, just want to do the best before I get to Sony Vegas.

I only changed the quality on the PVR settings because I want to play in 1080i, w/ a nice performance for myself and the recording. :p I may edit the device settings properties :p.

Cheers anyway.
Yeah, obviously changing the settings on your computer will upgrade the quality, but I've been using Sony Vegas ever since I got my PVR.

Check out my youtube for some evidence of my quality, it's not 100% perfect; - Watch "Hitmarker?" Just because it's the best video I have, the others are shit, baring in mind my PVR broke a few weeks after I got it, so I have few video's.
I'd give you the direct link, but truthfully I cannot be arsed :D

That's just from my own render settings via Sony Vegas, nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread