[Habbo] Preventing DDoS attacks!

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Hey,

Well a lot of people complain about how their hotel always gets DDoSed, even though they have cloudflare.
This is a simple, cheap tutorial on how to prevent this as much as possible.

Visit CloudFlare and register a free account, which is pretty simple.
Then add your domain to your cloudflare account,
bdmwjn.png

Obviously once you have typed your domain, click "Add Website".
This will stop people from being able to use "CMD" to find your IP.

You may now be thinking "But our IP in our client.php can still be DDoSed!" ?

Go to or click .
Click the simple "Place new order" button, shown below;
34xj7yv.png

Now it will bring up an order screen, just simple click "Order Now!"

This will bring you to a page that looks like this;
azb9xz.png

Just simply add your IP address and TCP port in the boxes shown.

Then click "Continue".

NOTE: Yes, this will cost you $10 per month. But you won't get any secure protection 100% free.

You will now recieve a screen that will look like this:
33vnk44.png

Simply fill in all the required boxes, then continue to the payment method of choice.

Click "Checkout" then you will pay for your new service. It's pretty simple and I recommend using PayPal.

Now its time to use this new service.
You shall recieve an email, or in another way recieve a url that will look a little like this "proxy1pl.ddosproxy.info".
(URL's will vary).

Copy this URL, then go to your VPS/Host and find the page "Client.php".
Open client.php, and find > "connection.info.host" : "YOURIPHERE", <
Replace "YOURIPHERE" with the new URL you were given, example:

"connection.info.host" : "proxy1pl.ddosproxy.info"

Please Note: Only the URL you have been given will work.
Now save the file "client.php", then load your client. Your client will no longer show your IP, and you should be safe from DDoS attacks.

Hope this worked for all you Habbotards,
Any further questions? PM me.

Thanks,
Supa.

EDIT: This is for RevCMS, but can easily be used on UberCMS or HaddoCMS by finding where your IP is located in the client.

Dan Smith

Sep 10, 2011
I done this, and disabled enable_ddos, but still created a file commonly, named ddos.txt, and bans the proxy, meaning people are stopped from accesing the hotel

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
I done this, and disabled enable_ddos, but still created a file commonly, named ddos.txt, and bans the proxy, meaning people are stopped from accesing the hotel
Are you sure you followed the whole tut properly and put the link in the right place?
If it is doing what you said, then you have done something wrong.

I know this works as there are several hotels using it.
Maybe try the tut again and read through the tut slowly. :)

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Just curious, is there any proof of this working? Like, if they happen to get your Hotel's IP, will it actually mitigate the DoS/DDoS or is this just to hide your IP from the client?

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Just curious, is there any proof of this working? Like, if they happen to get your Hotel's IP, will it actually mitigate the DoS/DDoS or is this just to hide your IP from the client?
It hides the IP, and Cloudflare hides the IP from booters, so the IP is pretty well hidden. But if someone, somehow got the IP, I am not 100% sure if a proxy would mitigate the actual DDoS, hence why this is called "Preventing DDoS attacks" and not called "Completely securing your hotel from DDoS".

EDIT: uses this, and it works for them.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
It hides the IP, and Cloudflare hides the IP from booters, so the IP is pretty well hidden. But if someone, somehow got the IP, I am not 100% sure if a proxy would mitigate the actual DDoS, hence why this is called "Preventing DDoS attacks" and not called "Completely securing your hotel from DDoS".

EDIT: uses this, and it works for them.

Is this your site, or just one you know of (referring to the proxy site)?

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Is this your site, or just one you know of (referring to the proxy site)?
Just one I know of tbh, I am not getting anything out of this.
I have seen hotels using this so I just thought I would inform the people of DevBest on how to do it.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Nice, I think another way is encoding your ip into the swfs if you can't afford this.

That works until someone gets a hold of your SWF and decompiles it. Also, this works by hiding your ip in your client.php when someone view-source's your client.

Users who are viewing this thread