Habbo Hotel: Origins

Liam

Super Moderator
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Habbo is bringing the game back as it existed in 2005. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Read more:

What are your thoughts?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
This looks so good! I will definitely check it out.
Post automatically merged:

It looks like the link could potentially be not 100% though.

Puffin

Donator
Mar 17, 2018
So excited for this!! Probably gonna catch me on it more than my retro for awhile LOL
It's about time Habbo created an "Old School" server. Runescape did it many years ago and it saved their game- lets hope its not too late for Habbo.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
So excited for this!! Probably gonna catch me on it more than my retro for awhile LOL
It's about time Habbo created an "Old School" server. Runescape did it many years ago and it saved their game- lets hope its not too late for Habbo.
WoW have also done this, it makes sense to.

SN1FFHEAD

May 25, 2023
Very exciting, hopefully it does sustain itself and stays online. Will definitely be going online tomorrow and hopefully grabbing my username I’ve always wanted haha

Also how will this be ran? Isn’t shockwave/flash dead now

Derpec

Retrosetups.com | Professional, Reliable, Setups
Feb 21, 2012
Very hype for this I believe it is going to be a success.

Puffin

Donator
Mar 17, 2018
Disappointing launch, hastily rushed into opening without really thinking it through.. much to be worked on.. it's almost like they didn't anticipate everyone to come on going "OMGGG MY CHILDHOOOD" and overloading the servers.

Guess time will tell how this all goes.

SN1FFHEAD

May 25, 2023
Disappointing launch, hastily rushed into opening without really thinking it through.. much to be worked on.. it's almost like they didn't anticipate everyone to come on going "OMGGG MY CHILDHOOOD" and overloading the servers.

Guess time will tell how this all goes.
Agreed, was very rushed when it came to opening - issue's with codes being sent to emails and still on going issues with in-game purchases at the moment, would've been amazing if it wasn't a downloadable client as mentioned by @LeChris.

The client also doesn't really fit nicely on my MacBook and I'm unable to maximise it sadly.

Puffin

Donator
Mar 17, 2018
I had to give up, after spending over an hour trying to join, between accessing the website itself and trying to make an account, I played for a whole 20 minutes. Now, every time I try to login I get an error message and it wants me to reboot the client.

Liam

Super Moderator
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Granted, issues are expected for such a big launch, but it feels too stale for this day and age. A part of me feels like that era should have been left dead, and implement the old features in the current hotel instead.

Tons of people mad about losing their usernames because email codes weren't being delivered for over 30 minutes. Perhaps users who logged into the main hotels recently should have been given some sort of priority based on matching emails.

It'll be interesting to see how such an old version of the game sustains itself once the hype has calmed down.

React

Sep 17, 2023
I'm not a fan; having taken a first glance, it isn't what I had expected. I'll potentially wait a while before I go back; hopefully they will have worked on some things then. Although it is nostalgic, a lot of people I've spoken to cannot login, while others said they prefer newer versions.

Last edited:

Bran

habcrush.pw
Mar 13, 2017
i think they didn't think about how many people would try to join knowing it's a lot of our childhood game, going back on for nostalgia purposes, i think because of how habbo is now in it's current form on this current day it isn't as populated as what it used to be, everyone just wants that kick of nostalgia, i just knew there would be issues with their servers they must be dumb not to of expected it tho

Users who are viewing this thread