Good, cheap VPS hosting for 10$ USD or under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubuntu

Professional Slag
Apr 2, 2015
ATTENTION TO MODS:

apparently people think this is a debating thread and I found a vps so close this thread please, kthxbye.

Last edited:

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
How is it my fault that someone 'accidently' DDoSed my server? That's out of my control, also a firewall doesn't mitigate DDoS attacks.
The what if is just a scenario. It is more likely you made your IP address public, since I recall you having some kind of web server setup on it. Do you not remember that you switched to CVPS because you were DDoSed and nullrouted at your other provider? And yes, a firewall can easily mitigate many of the common SYN/UDP flood attacks (which is why the most common DDoS attack has now switched to SSDP). Even without a firewall, 1-2 IP addresses could take down a server with ease.

Now that I think about it, you probably took your own server offline when you were attempting to do something.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Nope, I used their servers because they were cheap, before that I didn't rent a VPS because I didn't need one.
6kH.png

Now that I think about, you probably just messed up networking and had no idea how to restart the service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread