GIF Avatars

GarettM

Posting Freak
Make it an add-on subscription like $2.50/month or a one time fee to help support the forum! or even maybe add a donation button

Wess

BYPASSING OVERRIDE
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
From a bit of research, @bigdawg could do this, but it can't be set per usergroup (I might be wrong), but doing this for everyone would also be cool?

Owen

| avfc |
i mean for everyone yeah thats great. I was just thinking that i could benefit devbest to offer it as a exclusive but either way im happy.

GarettM

Posting Freak
My only concern would be hosting gifs, aren't they larger then the icons? Wait does devbest even host our pictures? That's why I recommended it as an add-on

Wess

BYPASSING OVERRIDE
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
My only concern would be hosting gifs, aren't they larger then the icons? Wait does devbest even host our pictures? That's why I recommended it as an add-on
As far as I know, you can already upload gifs. However the animation gets lost somehow. I'm not entirely sure though, I'm just spitballing some toughts. If Josh thinks storage of them becomes too big of an issue, it can always become exclusive?

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Yeah, what happened with gif avatars?
They were allowed at one point, but they wouldn't animate unless you clicked the user or visited their profile directly.

My account from 2011 still animates [ To view this link you must register here. ]
If I upload that picture today it doesn't work. Weird.

Dayron still has his original avatar from years ago too, probably around the same time I uploaded my gif on the account above.
[ To view this link you must register here. ]

Anyways I'm all for animated avatars, with or without sub. I'd pay the dollar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)