GIF Avatars

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Make it an add-on subscription like $2.50/month or a one time fee to help support the forum! or even maybe add a donation button

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
From a bit of research, @bigdawg could do this, but it can't be set per usergroup (I might be wrong), but doing this for everyone would also be cool?

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
i mean for everyone yeah thats great. I was just thinking that i could benefit devbest to offer it as a exclusive but either way im happy.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
My only concern would be hosting gifs, aren't they larger then the icons? Wait does devbest even host our pictures? That's why I recommended it as an add-on

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
My only concern would be hosting gifs, aren't they larger then the icons? Wait does devbest even host our pictures? That's why I recommended it as an add-on
As far as I know, you can already upload gifs. However the animation gets lost somehow. I'm not entirely sure though, I'm just spitballing some toughts. If Josh thinks storage of them becomes too big of an issue, it can always become exclusive?

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah, what happened with gif avatars?
They were allowed at one point, but they wouldn't animate unless you clicked the user or visited their profile directly.

My account from 2011 still animates
If I upload that picture today it doesn't work. Weird.

Dayron still has his original avatar from years ago too, probably around the same time I uploaded my gif on the account above.

Anyways I'm all for animated avatars, with or without sub. I'd pay the dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread