Fix FindRetros Redirect Loop

React

Sep 17, 2023
I've seen this issue discussed on the forum, with various suggestions, but none have worked. The redirect loop keeps happening, preventing many of us from accessing our retros, which is really frustrating. Is there any chance for a permanent solution?

For instance, last night I tried to log into my friend's hotel multiple times using different browsers and clearing cookies and caches, but nothing worked. I even flushed my DNS and restarted my computer, but still no success. This morning, I tried again with the same results.

Then, I went to a relative’s house and used a different laptop connected to their Wi-Fi, and it worked fine. I think this is a problem with FindRetros. Since it’s a site people use every day, I hope there’s a way to fix it. Repeating these steps over and over without any results is really annoying.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
It’s been happening for years, ask the hotel owner to allow people to bypass it if they’re getting stuck

React

Sep 17, 2023
It’s been happening for years, ask the hotel owner to allow people to bypass it if they’re getting stuck
You’re right, it’s been happening for years, so why not create a permanent fix, then owners won’t have to keep making temporary solutions or using Bypasses to get through.

The sites been around long enough, it’s used daily by hundreds of people, i’m sure something can be done about it.

Just because it’s been happening and people have became used to it doesn’t mean that they should settle for it.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
You’re right, it’s been happening for years, so why not create a permanent fix, then owners won’t have to keep making temporary solutions or using Bypasses to get through.

The sites been around long enough, it’s used daily by hundreds of people, i’m sure something can be done about it.

Just because it’s been happening and people have became used to it doesn’t mean that they should settle for it.
I get what you’re saying but multiple people have raised similar concerns, I’m not sure why it hasn’t been fixed (or if they can figure out how, why it’s happening).

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
You should be able to bypass the vote by doing /?novote on most hotels running Atom v1/orion. I agree with you, but FindRetros is long abandoned, the only effort they bother to put into it, is switching the theme once a year. It's already been demonstrated on this forum that the owner has no interest in resolving this issue lol

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
I think this: demostrates pretty well that there's no interest in either maintaining nor allowing contributions towards Findretros and the chances of creating something similar that will be picked up by the community and replace it is close to none (unfortunately).

There's been various much more throughout developed platforms but they were never picked up.

I guess a solution would be to log every time a user of yours hits the part of your cms that redirect it to findretros, and if they have hit it more than X time then simply delete their logs and force them into your client skipping findretros.

By deleting those so called "logs" they'll start fresh in-case it happening again, allowing them the same attempts.

By doing it this way, you'll at least make a bit more "fluent" while maintaining your vote count for the majority.

React

Sep 17, 2023
I think this: demostrates pretty well that there's no interest in either maintaining nor allowing contributions towards Findretros and the chances of creating something similar that will be picked up by the community and replace it is close to none (unfortunately).

There's been various much more throughout developed platforms but they were never picked up.

I guess a solution would be to log every time a user of yours hits the part of your cms that redirect it to findretros, and if they have hit it more than X time then simply delete their logs and force them into your client skipping findretros.

By deleting those so called "logs" they'll start fresh in-case it happening again, allowing them the same attempts.

By doing it this way, you'll at least make a bit more "fluent" while maintaining your vote count for the majority.
This is a good idea, however what if you're not the owner/developer of the retro, instead just an everyday user. If FindRetro's is not going to be maintained further, they should at least allow someone with the time, dedication and right experience to work on it, or carry it on themselves. Otherwise it's just redundant and wouldn't be fair for someone who wanted to potentially do something the same or similar.

I just think that it's not a huge ask, I understand there's ?novote option and I am fully aware of it, but not every CMS is setup to allow this, FindRetros has categories for all versions/types of retros and therefore should cater for them the same way.
Post automatically merged:

You should be able to bypass the vote by doing /?novote on most hotels running Atom v1/orion. I agree with you, but FindRetros is long abandoned, the only effort they bother to put into it, is switching the theme once a year. It's already been demonstrated on this forum that the owner has no interest in resolving this issue lol
Unfortunately not every single hotel does use Orion/Atom, though don't get me wrong, I know what you mean those are the majority of setups. As I said to Object, if they don't want to work on it, they should allow someone who'd like to and has the appropriate experience maintain it. It's unfortunate that we' face these problems because of the decision to discontinue any work on FindRetros, instead of just adding a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread