Show DevBest [Feedback] My Personal Website

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
So I finished the home page of my personal website, and I'd like to get some feedback. What do you guys/gals think?

Last edited:

Unidentified

Living the Developer Life...
Jun 19, 2012
its asthetically Beautiful, But what you should do is in the div that says I AM A WEB DEVELOPER on hover you should make it go white :p
Code:
.featured--content>.featured--headline>h1:hover {
   border: 5px solid #FFF;
   background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6);
}

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Your index is looking pretty darn nice ngl but I don't know if your noticed yet but there is a broken image on your index right below where it says "MY NAME IS CRIESVAL DAVIS"
KxMACN9.png

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Your index is looking pretty darn nice ngl but I don't know if your noticed yet but there is a broken image on your index right below where it says "MY NAME IS CRIESVAL DAVIS"
KxMACN9.png
I know, I haven't put the picture yet.
None of your navigation buttons work for me.

And remove the 'AND A DAMN GOOD ONE' text.
They're all static links; I haven't finished the website yet. I'm still trying to decide if I should make it one page or not.
Change the font on the primary header, and add a nice fade in hover to menu links.
Any suggestions on the fade in and a good font? I tried to find a suitable font but nothing appealed to me.

its asthetically Beautiful, But what you should do is in the div that says I AM A WEB DEVELOPER on hover you should make it go white :p
Code:
.featured--content>.featured--headline>h1:hover {
   border: 5px solid #FFF;
   background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6);
}
Thanks for the suggestion. I just applied it and that does look amazing.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah stick to the one page theme, seems more suited for this kind of design.

Just remember though, a website isn't about it's design quality. I mean, it is in a sense that it must look good but think about your content, it's not drawing any real attention at all. What I mean is that, it's almost as if your content in blending in with the design, instead of standing out and making the reader use it - I assume that's the purpose of your own site, right?

Design wise however, it's a nice design. Not too keen on the alignment of a few things but that may be due to my resolution. Good work man, keep it up!

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I've updated a view things on the website. Tell me what you guys think :D

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Unidentified

Living the Developer Life...
Jun 19, 2012
I know, I haven't put the picture yet.

They're all static links; I haven't finished the website yet. I'm still trying to decide if I should make it one page or not.

Any suggestions on the fade in and a good font? I tried to find a suitable font but nothing appealed to me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just applied it and that does look amazing.

I just saw that you applied it, Smart thinking on the transition ;) Make sure you make it cross browser tho..
Code:
    -webkit-transition: 1s;
    -moz-transition: 1s;
    -o-transition: 1s;
    transition: 1s;

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I just saw that you applied it, Smart thinking on the transition ;) Make sure you make it cross browser tho..
Code:
    -webkit-transition: 1s;
    -moz-transition: 1s;
    -o-transition: 1s;
    transition: 1s;
Plan on doing that afterwards, thanks for reminding me though :)

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I've updated the design! Can I get some feedback? Don't mind the broken image, I'll fix that when I finish the design.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I've updated the website, and added a contact page? What do you guys think? It isn't function it's just the design as of now.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I've come up with the final version of the design. If enough people like it, I will release it as I am almost done with a new design.

Note: It isn't responsive and I don't plan to make it responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread