DevBest -> ReverseBox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I would like for there to be a Old Archives section for this because if we are starting to try and lose the focus of Development we should do something like what RZ did. I don't like the name ReverseBox... I also have a question... what happened to gamersbug.
GamersBug is aimed at gaming.
With ReverseBox, what i think Rasta is trying to achieve is a more mature userbase over different topics rather than been primarily focused on one or a mere few (habbo & coding mainly on here)
Bringing in other topics of interest and expanding our current sections will hopefully gain more members and more of a mature userbase as we have alot of 10 - 14 year old habbotards that come here, spam help threads then never return unless they need help again like majority of them do

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
GamersBug is aimed at gaming.
With ReverseBox, what i think Rasta is trying to achieve is a more mature userbase over different topics rather than been primarily focused on one or a mere few (habbo & coding mainly on here)
Bringing in other topics of interest and expanding our current sections will hopefully gain more members and more of a mature userbase as we have alot of 10 - 14 year old habbotards that come here, spam help threads then never return unless they need help again like majority of them do

I'd also like the forums to be more focused on general topics like gaming and technology

I think if you used this ReverseBox wordpress front page/forums concept and gave it the name GamersBug, it would be more appealing.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I think if you used this ReverseBox wordpress front page/forums concept and gave it the name GamersBug, it would be more appealing.
As said before GamersBug was really just aimed at enhancing 'gaming' on the forums where as ReverseBox could focus on more than just 1 thing like DevBest = Development, GamersBug = Gaming. ReverseBox doesn't have a direct meaning as far as I know and could potentially be for anything.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
As said before GamersBug was really just aimed at enhancing 'gaming' on the forums where as ReverseBox could focus on more than just 1 thing like DevBest = Development, GamersBug = Gaming. ReverseBox doesn't have a direct meaning as far as I know and could potentially be for anything.

I think ReverseBox should mean = Home of GTSV. (gaming, technology, sexy girls, and videos)

xPanel

May 28, 2010
Great idea, It's time to have a little change around. ReverseBox is a perfect name for a perfect product. I actually love the idea by having a wordpress homepage and then a subdomain to the forum (forum.reversebox.com)...

But I understand all the other people complaining about losing registrations and so on.
A change requires a maximum of dedication and leadingship, WHICH Dwight have.

So go on! Change FOR THE PEOPLE!

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
I love the name "Reversebox", Not quite sure what it stands for, but sounds appealing. I'd like the forums to be changed up a little, You got my vote.

Solved

Sep 3, 2012
Habbo related things is why 1/6 of people come here! Maybe make a Fansite and Fansite layout section and it would be a yes

They could post there sites,usersystems,all dat!

And get the black forums again

Handy

Nov 30, 2012
How does changing the name ruin the community? It's the same forum, just a different domain with more content.

I agree.
How would it ruin the community? - If anything it would make it bigger and stronger.
Why? Because there would be more sections and stuff which people would be interested in, therefore they join and become an active member to the section they enjoy.

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
I actually like the name ReverseBox. I'm glad to see the forums are hopefully going to be making a change soon. =]

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Seems pretty legit. Habbo seems to be dying out now a' days. A new focus could maybe lead to community of Reverse Box / Devbest to new users.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Seems pretty legit. Habbo seems to be dying out now a' days. A new focus could maybe lead to community of Reverse Box / Devbest to new users.

Habbo seems to be dying? Hope your not talking about the habbo section in here.

Crusteh

Feb 11, 2013
I don't see the difference, it's just a name. I'm starting to get a little bored with just seeing Private Server Development and Habbo Retro threads, but then removing Habbo from this forum would loose DevBest alot of users, unless you changed thehabbos.org from a voting api to a Habbo Development Fourm. Just an idea :)

Reactions: Ki

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
I think you should do this, it would encourage for a more mature userbase and attract a wider range of people. Personally I stopped being too active on here because I lost interest in the whole development side of things and something like this would definitely bring me back. I say yes!
Offtopic: First post in I don't know how long! :p

Edit: When I say I left because I lost interest, what I meant was that I did leave due to personal reasons but when I did have spare time what deterred me from returning was the fact that nothing on the forum really interested me that much anymore. I'd lost touch with all the development stuff.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

Are you being serious? Habbo is dieing? I would wish that. Posts like this are totally unusefull comment. Where are you even basing this off?

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The Habbo topic has been discussed and we have shared with you all that it will not be changing and staying on the boards in a section of it's own. Any future discussions of Habbo in this thread will be removed and counted as spam, Reversebox is nothing todo with removing/adding/promoting/Changing Habbo so keep it out of the thread or the debate will get no where.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
make another thread with a pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread