DevBest -> ReverseBox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
If you guys noticed, once Kryptos left the staff team, the entire forum started to drop. Users were very interested because we had something keeping us up. Now that Devbest isn't a developing forum (For the most part), I think it would be a good choice to move to Reverse Box, or something game related for that mater.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
If you guys noticed, once Kryptos left the staff team, the entire forum started to drop. Users were very interested because we had something keeping us up. Now that Devbest isn't a developing forum (For the most part), I think it would be a good choice to move to Reverse Box, or something game related for that mater.

Don't know how you work that put, we hit around 380 daily, much better then previous months

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Well getting rid of habbo, Is like, taking a chapter from a book.
You can't finish it (User count dropping).
Risk loosing Habbotards (like half of devbest).
Or keep devbest, keep your strong community.

Wrong, all habbotards do is sign up make help threads and leave then come back when ever they need more help, actually, i must say that DevBest has a strong amount of daily non-habbotards active members, and i really in-courage the idea of taking off the habbo section and focusing more on other sections such as technology and such as...

You say user count will drop, i say au contraire, focusing more on stuff such as technology or development would get DevBest or i should say ReverseBox even more members, and will give more strength to it's user base.

DevBest is still strong without the habbo section or the habbotards being around though.

Anywho, that's just my opinion.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
I don't like the name but I like the idea. Although instead of wordpress keep it like it is now but feature content on homepage like you do. It looks nicer.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
(Is there a meaning behind it or?)
Yes, he said something about thinking outside the box. Which actually makes perfect sense if you look at the domain imo.

Anyways, I'd like to address Josh hasn't said he's wiping Habbo completely off the forum, he said slowly shrink it down. There is a difference.

Secondly, there is a lot of mentioning about loosing members. This may be true, but what does it matter? There is always the potential to gain members (I hope you didn't forget, silly children). I think this change would bring more members than we would lose. Considering we'd still have everything, we're just adding/expanding to it. There's no reason to leave.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
This would only work if Josh could be arsed to update the news page on a daily basis, which isn't very likely.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Not sure how I feel on this Idea, Guess I'll see what happens.

Diddy

Aug 14, 2011
I like the ideal of sexy girls.

But i like the name its unique and thats what people like about devbest.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
This would only work if Josh could be arsed to update the news page on a daily basis, which isn't very likely.
It wouldn't just be him writing articles. Plus, he's said he liked the idea of doing this. Others can be hired to write to keep it active.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I like the ideal of sexy girls.

But i like the name its unique and thats what people like about devbest.

Theres nothing Unique about DevBest as it is at the moment.

I like the idea but, i get the feeling it will start off well, but then just come to the current state of the site, Christmas competitions get announced 3 months later same goes for any other competition and the newest gaming news wont be so new to us by the time it will get posted.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Theres nothing Unique about DevBest as it is at the moment.

I like the idea but, i get the feeling it will start off well, but then just come to the current state of the site, Christmas competitions get announced 3 months later same goes for any other competition and the newest gaming news wont be so new to us by the time it will get posted.
So, what's too loose if you're saying it'll return to how it is now. Best to actually change and then there's more chance of staying larger.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
I do not like this idea at all, I only found out about Devbest as I have been part of the retro community, ever since I have been dedicated to Devbest, posting daily and never wanting anything to happen to it. Devbest has a community of strong, dedicated, helpful members, if we did end up switching to ReverseBox then I reckon we may loose a lot of members, a lot of people enjoy the Habbo Section, including myself and it brings a vibe to the boards, if you look at the forum categories, have a look at how many people post in the Habbo Section.

BvtDdcp.png

I think that a change right now would not be a good choice for Devbest. Although the staff may not enjoy or like the Habbo section, there is over half of the community that would vouch for the Habbo Section to stay open, and surely the Devbest Team don't just do it for themselves they do it for 'us' aswell?

I've had my say, keep Devbest going strong as it has ever been.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
So i have just gone through and read every single comment.
Those of you that have posted in here and the gamersbug thread we had, half of you are still retarded.

1. Devbest was never devbest, it was a sub domain of thehabbos , OMG a sub domain lets all cry.
2. Devbest will be redirected to the new site (alot of you cannot grasp this fact)
3. There will be more sections for you guys to post in, maybe something may appear that you have alot of interest in?
4. All sections/content that are here currently will still be here + more sections

Seriously, you guys need to learn to read before making false posts claiming something that has never/not been said.
Also its ReverseBox not ReserveBox

By having the main domain as wordpress and being similar in sort of sites like techcrunch and what not.
Once popular will gain us more members in all areas of the forum, especially if Blog Posts that are written are of a variety rather than aimed at one genre

Yeh RZ have a blog on their frontpage, but its aimed at MMO, Josh has stated there will be various discussion topics, how is it the same?

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
So, what's too loose if you're saying it'll return to how it is now. Best to actually change and then there's more chance of staying larger.

I never said it shouldn't be done, i like the idea, i think it would bring great opportunity to DevBest. But afterall will the main news/blog site be worth it? As i said initially for the past Christmas comp the results weren't given out until 3 months later, how can we be assured ReverseBox will be any different?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I never said it shouldn't be done, i like the idea, i think it would bring great opportunity to DevBest. But afterall will the main news/blog site be worth it? As i said initially for the past Christmas comp the results weren't given out until 3 months later, how can we be assured ReverseBox will be any different?
We will have people that will be dedicated to it, Rasta will not be only one posting articles.
For an idea like this to function it will need dedication, if Rasta can prove that then it will be a success.
But all in all, the biggest way for that and the forum to grow would be having people that are interested in what is posted.
When LulzFeed was active for its brief time, quite a few people were interested

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
So, we could be changing to forum.reversebox.com? I kinda like that idea as long as we don't loose data.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
So, we could be changing to forum.reversebox.com? I kinda like that idea as long as we don't loose data.

L e a r n t o R e a d

I've been thinking about this for the past couple of days, and I thought I'd get your opinions.

Basically, I want to rename DevBest to Reverse Box - I have a few reasons behind this. The main one being that the name "Reverse Box" isn't very specific, whereas DevBest is specifically related to development. I'd also like the forums to be more focused on general topics like gaming and technology, as oppose to development, and more specifically (MMO)RPG developments.

If we were to change from "devbest.com" to "reversebox.com", the home would be a WordPress site, with a bunch of news related to gaming, technology, sexy girls, interesting videos, etc. If anyone remembers LulzFeed, basically that. The forums would reside at "forums.reversebox.com", and would be basically the same as they are now, with maybe more gaming sections, a revamped technology section, and less focus on things like Habbo.

Anyways, these are just thoughts and I'd like to hear your opinions.

So i have just gone through and read every single comment.
Those of you that have posted in here and the gamersbug thread we had, half of you are still retarded.

1. Devbest was never devbest, it was a sub domain of thehabbos , OMG a sub domain lets all cry.
2. Devbest will be redirected to the new site (alot of you cannot grasp this fact)
3. There will be more sections for you guys to post in, maybe something may appear that you have alot of interest in?
4. All sections/content that are here currently will still be here + more sections

Seriously, you guys need to learn to read before making false posts claiming something that has never/not been said.
Also its ReverseBox not ReserveBox

By having the main domain as wordpress and being similar in sort of sites like techcrunch and what not.
Once popular will gain us more members in all areas of the forum, especially if Blog Posts that are written are of a variety rather than aimed at one genre

Yeh RZ have a blog on their frontpage, but its aimed at MMO, Josh has stated there will be various discussion topics, how is it the same?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I do not like this idea at all, I only found out about Devbest as I have been part of the retro community, ever since I have been dedicated to Devbest, posting daily and never wanting anything to happen to it. Devbest has a community of strong, dedicated, helpful members, if we did end up switching to ReverseBox then I reckon we may loose a lot of members, a lot of people enjoy the Habbo Section, including myself and it brings a vibe to the boards, if you look at the forum categories, have a look at how many people post in the Habbo Section.

BvtDdcp.png

I think that a change right now would not be a good choice for Devbest. Although the staff may not enjoy or like the Habbo section, there is over half of the community that would vouch for the Habbo Section to stay open, and surely the Devbest Team don't just do it for themselves they do it for 'us' aswell?

I've had my say, keep Devbest going strong as it has ever been.

The part of "helpful members" is the biggest bullshit I have seen in this thread so far. Maybe, in the beginning, yes, the members were helpful. But serious, take a look into the support/request sections, almost nobody is helping on regular bases, maybe a handfull of people. There are a lot of support threads, but almost no help.

jerison

Jul 23, 2012
The part of "helpful members" is the biggest bullshit I have seen in this thread so far. Maybe, in the beginning, yes, the members were helpful. But serious, take a look into the support/request sections, almost nobody is helping on regular bases, maybe a handfull of people. There are a lot of support threads, but almost no help.
This is not true at all, I just started posting with this account like a week ago. And almost every support topic I've posted got help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread