[DEV] DevourCMS v1.0.0 [PHP / OOP / MySQLi]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Updates
The installer is 90% finished, i'll finish it at a later time, because all the database tables aren't finished or final so it's hard to write queries if I don't know which queries to write. The install directory automatically removes itself upon finishing which is a good security advance so idiots don't do anything stupid. Upon entering the CMS, you are redirected to the installer, so no worries about that.

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Sorry for triple post
Updates
The CMS has had lots and lots of work done on it today, the installer is 99.9% complete, the only thing to do is the queries of inserting tables into the database. The installer consists of four different parts, MySQL Configuration, Database Configuration, Other Settings and Owner's Account Creation. Also, i've wrote up a small readme.txt file which is;

Code:
|-------------------------------------------------|
| ----------- Devour CMS Read Me File ----------- |
| Please do not edit, re-release, or take the     |
| credits from my work ('Josh Priestley', 'Zeus').|
| DevourCMS is provided free of charge and is not |
| to be sold.                                     |
| Installation instructions can be found at       |
| http://devourcms.com/install.html.              |
| The version in which you are using of DevourCMS |
| is 1.0, you can follow with the development at  |
| devbest.com or devourcms.com.                   |
| ------------- End of Read Me File ------------- |

The final thing is a small file structure of the CMS has been created, but it isn't final yet, here's a screenie of the file structure;

aIS6V.png

Thats just about all i've done today, do you like it?

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
Nice to see some non-habbo developments active at the moment, anyways keep it up and I am proud of you fag :)

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Nice to see some non-habbo developments active at the moment, anyways keep it up and I am proud of you fag :)

Thanks Alam :'D

Updates

I don't have many updates because the installer broke randomly and I couldn't seem to fix the MySQL queries, never the less, I managed to fix it, but it did take a while. The installer now fully works and it is awesome. I may adjust the installer in the future, but for now it's finished. I'm going to start the template class now, I was thinking of a RevCMS like template system but didn't know whether to do an upgraded tpl one, what do you lot think?

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
Thanks Alam :'D

Updates

I don't have many updates because the installer broke randomly and I couldn't seem to fix the MySQL queries, never the less, I managed to fix it, but it did take a while. The installer now fully works and it is awesome. I may adjust the installer in the future, but for now it's finished. I'm going to start the template class now, I was thinking of a RevCMS like template system but didn't know whether to do an upgraded tpl one, what do you lot think?
NICE! How far are through this project? What have got left to do?

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
NICE! How far are through this project? What have got left to do?

I haven't done much at all, things i've done are only foundation of the CMS, but i'd rather take my time and get it right than do it in a week and have awful coding and a CMS which only half works. I'll update the main post now :)

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Updates
I got bored of writing classes so I decided to start on the visual side of the CMS. I've created a little script which acts as a small template system, it is temperory whilst I do the default theme for Devour. Here is the script which looks in the set folder for a file;
PHP:
<?php

require_once '/_inc/class.core.php';
if($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '/')
{
$core->redirect('../index.php');
exit;
}
$dir = '_template/_skins/'.$config['site']['template'].'/'.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'].'';

if(file_exists($dir))
{
include $dir; 
}
else
{
$core->redirect('../template-error');
exit;
}

?>

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Looks nice . Can we see the web installer?

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
I havent worked on the CMS since Monday, as I was in Flamingo land yesterday. I'm going to attempt to do the template class today and get some work done on that too.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
I havent worked on the CMS since Monday, as I was in Flamingo land yesterday. I'm going to attempt to do the template class today and get some work done on that too.
Nice to see you had taken some time away from the cms. Developers say that you get more focused when your not working on a cms 24/7 ;)
-
But what type of template system are you planning to make? Will it be able to unzip it self and install through a admin panel :eek:

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Nice to see you had taken some time away from the cms. Developers say that you get more focused when your not working on a cms 24/7 ;)
-
But what type of template system are you planning to make? Will it be able to unzip it self and install through a admin panel :eek:

Template system will be like Rev's but a touch more flexible, I've started on the class but I had to come off the computer as its my sisters because mine is still in fixing

Hypomethic

Jul 18, 2012
I like this, Alot. when it's released I'll use it for my Hotel. all credits go to you :) Lol Good Development is here.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I'm just saying its rude to just edit my work without my permission.
I'm going to have to agree with Legion.
As it's open source you have no say what so ever in what people can do with it.

ONTOPIC: Any updates with the visual side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread