Call of Duty [CoD: Ghosts] What are your first impressions?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I recently purchased the game on Steam and played it, and I personally didn't find one thing appealing.

The biggest things that I disliked:
  • The maps are horrible; they feel and look depressing. They should have used much more upbeat colors.
  • You die almost instantly, meaning that it's basically who sees who first. This will make camping much more rewarding.
  • You feel extremely slow, or at least I do compared to BO2. I don't know if it has to do with the FOV or what.
  • They removed many good game modes, such as: Search and Destroy, Capture the Flag, Gun Game, etc.
  • They removed theater mode, which is very useful if you like to look over gameplay or upload it to YouTube.
As for what I liked, I honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head. My suggestion would to not get this game at all.

With that said, I'm only one person and I'd like your input.

SNetworks

Oct 31, 2013
"The maps are horrible; they feel and look depressing. They should have used much more upbeat colors." I agree

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I've not played online yet, I always do the campaign first and from the missions I've played, it's not too bad.

HonkyWam

Tickle me Elmo!
Dec 8, 2011
Just seems like another call of duty game with some little features other games have overall the game I give it a 6/10 .

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I like it online. I have 3 different squad characters I play as and I been Number One on my team on every game I played. /p. only level 4 btw

RandomRyan

Nov 7, 2013
I disagree with one of your points "They should have used much more upbeat colors".

Its a war type game, they try to simulate what war is. (What kind of upbeat colours do you want to see? blue, red, yellow?)

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I disagree with one of your points "They should have used much more upbeat colors".

Its a war type game, they try to simulate what war is. (What kind of upbeat colours do you want to see? blue, red, yellow?)
They surely don't try to simulate what war is - if you think that, you're drastically mistaken. Call of Duty is meant to be a fast paced, run and gun, arcade type of game. It's not a military simulator, or anything remotely similar to that. The only similarity that they have to simulating war is that they have humans running around with military grade weapons and killing each other, but nothing more.

As for the colors that I'd like to see, I don't have any specific recommendations. But as it stands, it feels like they used some gloomy Instagram filter and personally, I'm not a fan of it.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Ghosts Multiplayer is crap towards me, to many drop shotters and Campaign was just too short, completed it on the day it came out.

Keno

Mar 12, 2012
One of the better cods imo, but if they doubled the health and made smaller maps it would be superb because at the moment strikezone is the smallest one???? Like what the hell? The ping bar needs to be put back on the scoreboard. :mad:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Hardly had any lag. Maybe 3 or 4 times so it's not bad.

Just a shame the campaign is so small.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
After playing a while, I have gotten used to the maps and for the most part, I'm enjoying multiplayer.

However, there's still two major issues that I can see:
  • The spawns are horrible (especially on maps like Stonehaven, among others). I have literally spawned right in front of (or behind) enemies.
  • The lag compensation seems to be really bad. What you see, and what happens is completely different. Generally I'll see a guy get one or two shots on me when I die, but when I watch the replay it's an upwards of 3-4+ shots.

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
I honestly don't mind multiplier but prefer single player and extinction much more.

Issues I have found with this game:

bad spawns (really annoying)
lag is an issue on my part not sure about anyone else (I keep getting American lobbies)
and definitely how quickly you can get killed by snipers

But overall I love the single player, not too short and a great experience from the last call of duty games.

Swaggots

Sep 22, 2013
Honestly, single player was amazing.

Extinction mode really sucked. They should have stuck to the idea of zombies or do something that didnt suck.

Online in ghosts is honestly way better than it was in BO2, as there as less bugs and over-powered weapons. The problem with online is that you die easily, so it is mostly a battle of who-see's-who first. The reduced amount of game modes is somehow annoying but the addition of Clan Wars, which is a really cool feature because in BO2 there were no points in clans is really great. Also the removal of theater mode may suck for famous youtube stars, but i'm not of the type to do cool stuff and record my games so it doesn't really affect me.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I like the new game modes like Search and Rescue, and I think its pretty cool what happens to the maps when they are nuked ^_^ They def spent a lot of time with these maps and the details I noticed throughout. The squad points thing is a bit' stupid.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
After playing a while, I have gotten used to the maps and for the most part, I'm enjoying multiplayer.

However, there's still two major issues that I can see:
  • The spawns are horrible (especially on maps like Stonehaven, among others). I have literally spawned right in front of (or behind) enemies.
  • The lag compensation seems to be really bad. What you see, and what happens is completely different. Generally I'll see a guy get one or two shots on me when I die, but when I watch the replay it's an upwards of 3-4+ shots.
Played the game a little and i came to notice that i don't think its entirely bad spawn placement but more-so the maps. Needless to say the spawns are pretty terrible but if you think about previous call of duty maps, each teams spawn has been positioned away from the main fire fight, down an alley or in a room, somewhere where if you get confronted by someone in that area, you are advantaged. Whereas in Ghosts, there is nowhere like that. The maps have no significant left side or right side, they are all just big circles that are very open, meaning, there is nowhere to spawn without instantly putting you back into the fight.

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Agreed with the colours if you look at black ops 2
images
bo2
images
cod ghosts

Users who are viewing this thread