Building my own PC.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Hey Devbest,

I'm thinking about buying a new pc, but after doing some research I decided why not just make my own? I'm really new to this but I love doing new things (I'm a fast learner).
Can someone tell me where to start at? A list of items (best + cheapest) that I will need will be great!
It will not be a 100% only gaming pc, but I want it to be a pretty neat/fast one.

-Thanks!

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
From what I'm guessing you're a low-end gamer, don't really do it much. You are just starting PC gaming and want to explore. You don't want to spend $1500+ on a high performance intel rig, you want to spend the least and get the most. You could go with the lower end Intel CPU's, but its likely their lower end wont suit any massive multimedia applications such as Photoshop, Cinema 4d or any other video processing applications. Therefore for this build I have gone with AMD, I will list all the parts and tell you why I think they're best for you. This keeps to your budget, merely $20 over.
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz 8-Core - I personally use this for my home and work PC. It meets both my gaming needs with its 4.0 GHZ clock speed and my work needs with it's 8 cores for multimedia. It is built for multitaskers and gamers. Compared to Intel's i7's it doesn't stand much of a chance when comparing it to the haswell line, but when comparing it to the majority of game range I5's it blows them away in multitasking and in most cases gaming. You can also easily overclock it without having to go in the BIOS; but you wont need to for a year or so.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard - I haven't really used this board before, but the reviews are brilliant; it's also quite cheaper than the majoiry of the high-performance gaming mobo's yet still performs exact or near to them. With up to 32GB RAM, theres quite the room for upgrades.

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3-1866 Memory - G.Skill are pretty well known for being cheap yet extremely powerful and durable. They also look VERY sexy. I chose 1866MHZ because it will help in video-processing applications when pre or full rendering. Usually the RAM speed wont matter in any other cases. Considering the upgrade from 1600MHZ was only $2 more, I thought why not give you this for the future. Sure you may not be doing that but who knows, better safe than sorry!

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - Speed, Space, reliability. We use these in our high-performance servers at work, proud to say they have never once been at fault in a system failure, usually it's just me that does something wrong! For casual use 500GB would be enough, but you might need more in the future, this saves time, effort and money down the line.

Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card - Cheap, fast and Asus, cant go wrong there. This middle grade GPU will deliver you sexy immersive gaming on even the highest settings. Let's take Battlefield 4 for an example, Everything turned on full at 1080p, average of 50FPS when using Mantle. It should last you a good 2 years for any other upcoming games also, at which time you have enough head room to upgrade.

Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case - Cheap, Medium sized, good looking. This is one of the cheapest but good looking cases I have ever seen, If we was able to get this in the UK I would be in Nerdgasm 24/7. Great reviews too.

EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply - Cheap, Quantity, Reliable. Powerful enough to power everything up with quite alot of room for a GPU (Graphics Card) upgrade in the future, quite alot of head-room avaliable! EVGA are second to Corsair, considering I use a brand that is ranked 8th, I can only imagine what this EVGA Powersupply must be like.. mmmmmm.

Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer - Lets be honest, the days of DVD's are fading out just like the floppy disk did, but it hasn't done yet. This mean, amazingly cheap and fast drive will deliver you whatever the hell it is you have on a disk.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Most people are merging over to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, understandable given the performance benefits, but lets be honest.. you will not notice the the difference for atleast a year, at which by that time Windows 10 is coming out! and guess what, Microsoft are allowing Windows 7 & 8 users to upgrade to it, for free! My best guess it you just have to prove you purchased it and they'll disable your Windows 7 key and send you a Windows 10 install box! YAY! just remember to keep the evidence.. okay..

TOTAL PRICE:
$720.60

link:

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
From what I'm guessing you're a low-end gamer, don't really do it much. You are just starting PC gaming and want to explore. You don't want to spend $1500+ on a high performance intel rig, you want to spend the least and get the most. You could go with the lower end Intel CPU's, but its likely their lower end wont suit any massive multimedia applications such as Photoshop, Cinema 4d or any other video processing applications. Therefore for this build I have gone with AMD, I will list all the parts and tell you why I think they're best for you. This keeps to your budget, merely $20 over.
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz 8-Core - I personally use this for my home and work PC. It meets both my gaming needs with its 4.0 GHZ clock speed and my work needs with it's 8 cores for multimedia. It is built for multitaskers and gamers. Compared to Intel's i7's it doesn't stand much of a chance when comparing it to the haswell line, but when comparing it to the majority of game range I5's it blows them away in multitasking and in most cases gaming. You can also easily overclock it without having to go in the BIOS; but you wont need to for a year or so.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard - I haven't really used this board before, but the reviews are brilliant; it's also quite cheaper than the majoiry of the high-performance gaming mobo's yet still performs exact or near to them. With up to 32GB RAM, theres quite the room for upgrades.

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3-1866 Memory - G.Skill are pretty well known for being cheap yet extremely powerful and durable. They also look VERY sexy. I chose 1866MHZ because it will help in video-processing applications when pre or full rendering. Usually the RAM speed wont matter in any other cases. Considering the upgrade from 1600MHZ was only $2 more, I thought why not give you this for the future. Sure you may not be doing that but who knows, better safe than sorry!

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - Speed, Space, reliability. We use these in our high-performance servers at work, proud to say they have never once been at fault in a system failure, usually it's just me that does something wrong! For casual use 500GB would be enough, but you might need more in the future, this saves time, effort and money down the line.

Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card - Cheap, fast and Asus, cant go wrong there. This middle grade GPU will deliver you sexy immersive gaming on even the highest settings. Let's take Battlefield 4 for an example, Everything turned on full at 1080p, average of 50FPS when using Mantle. It should last you a good 2 years for any other upcoming games also, at which time you have enough head room to upgrade.

Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case - Cheap, Medium sized, good looking. This is one of the cheapest but good looking cases I have ever seen, If we was able to get this in the UK I would be in Nerdgasm 24/7. Great reviews too.

EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply - Cheap, Quantity, Reliable. Powerful enough to power everything up with quite alot of room for a GPU (Graphics Card) upgrade in the future, quite alot of head-room avaliable! EVGA are second to Corsair, considering I use a brand that is ranked 8th, I can only imagine what this EVGA Powersupply must be like.. mmmmmm.

Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer - Lets be honest, the days of DVD's are fading out just like the floppy disk did, but it hasn't done yet. This mean, amazingly cheap and fast drive will deliver you whatever the hell it is you have on a disk.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Most people are merging over to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, understandable given the performance benefits, but lets be honest.. you will not notice the the difference for atleast a year, at which by that time Windows 10 is coming out! and guess what, Microsoft are allowing Windows 7 & 8 users to upgrade to it, for free! My best guess it you just have to prove you purchased it and they'll disable your Windows 7 key and send you a Windows 10 install box! YAY! just remember to keep the evidence.. okay..

TOTAL PRICE:
$720.60

link:
You my friend is awesome! Keep up the good work man. I'm going to take this into consideration!

Jump

Feb 16, 2011
You my friend is awesome! Keep up the good work man. I'm going to take this into consideration!
No problem, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Be sure to post some nice pictures of the build when you're done with it! and for the sake of sanity, make sure you ground yourself from static, you can get an anti-static strap on amazon or your local hardware shop for about $3-$5, much better your parts shock you with their performance than you shock them with your staticy fingers and fry them suckers!

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

TOTAL PRICE:
$720.60

link:
Fuck, I may even take this into consideration myself rather than getting a new laptop.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
No problem, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Be sure to post some nice pictures of the build when you're done with it! and for the sake of sanity, make sure you ground yourself from static, you can get an anti-static strap on amazon or your local hardware shop for about $3-$5, much better your parts shock you with their performance than you shock them with your staticy fingers and fry them suckers!
Will do, I'm going to start ordering asap. Just waiting on my paycheck and going to start with the case.

Jump

Feb 16, 2011
Will do, I'm going to start ordering asap. Just waiting on my paycheck and going to start with the case.
Brilliant, if you do go with that build be sure to prioritize the ones with the special deals on them, combined you're saving $70 so you don't wanna miss them.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Aye, but PC-Part picker will always choose the cheapest provider, so when the deal ends it'll switch, there shouldn't much of a difference and perhaps it might be even less.
Hopefully! I just cant wait to start on this build, hope everything goes as planned.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
So some of you guys say i should do intel over amd, anyone have a good build for intel?
I would highly recommend you get an i3 or i5 since you're not going to be really gaming, the model of the processor would be your choice as their prices vary along with their features. Just don't get an AMD processor whatever you do.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
I would highly recommend you get an i3 or i5 since you're not going to be really gaming, the model of the processor would be your choice as their prices vary along with their features. Just don't get an AMD processor whatever you do.
My old boss always said this get an i5 or higher.

AMD are not bad processors why all the hate? Sure there not as powerful as other Intel CPUs but there not as expensive either

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
My old boss always said this get an i5 or higher.

AMD are not bad processors why all the hate? Sure there not as powerful as other Intel CPUs but there not as expensive either
An i3 could also do the job most likely, there's many different models of i3's same with any other processor but an i5 would probably be the best choice since it's in the middle.

There's only one good thing about most of the current AMD processors and that's overclocking but if you had a good enough Intel processor you wouldn't even need to overclock anyway.

GetaBath

Feb 5, 2015
How is this one? I think this is perfect budget and build wise.
That CPU is not worth it, you should be looking at quad core.
The motherboard looks alright, but if you want a gaming PC, I would not suggest this board.
I never heard of the manufacturer for that memory... Expect it to die within 6 months.
Western Digital have always proved reliable, fuck you seagate.
WTF is this piece of shit?
Corsair always provide good cases.
I would get a modular PSU, but looks alright...

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
That CPU is not worth it, you should be looking at quad core.
The motherboard looks alright, but if you want a gaming PC, I would not suggest this board.
I never heard of the manufacturer for that memory... Expect it to die within 6 months.
Western Digital have always proved reliable, fuck you seagate.
WTF is this piece of shit?
Corsair always provide good cases.
I would get a modular PSU, but looks alright...
Don't need a Modular PSU for his budget, they cost too much.

Jump

Feb 16, 2011
I have converted the previous build to Intel, giving you the option of both.
There is a $25 increase, there is also some feature lost for the motherboard, with alot less slots for Hardrives. I'm unsure if there will be any GPU Performance loss, but it should be minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread