Building my own PC.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Hey Devbest,

I'm thinking about buying a new pc, but after doing some research I decided why not just make my own? I'm really new to this but I love doing new things (I'm a fast learner).
Can someone tell me where to start at? A list of items (best + cheapest) that I will need will be great!
It will not be a 100% only gaming pc, but I want it to be a pretty neat/fast one.

-Thanks!

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
To be more specific you would have to specify certain things such as the max you are willing to pay for the overall price of all of the parts, case etc all together. There are also many different sizes of PC's that you can build so you would need to make sure you research around about them and see if you can find parts that are also the right size to fit in your desired case.

I also recommend you watch a few tutorials of people actually building some computers or doing some research about it so you are familiar where you need to put things and how things work, or you could experiment with your current PC if you are willing to take it apart but I wouldn't recommend it if you are new to this.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
To be more specific you would have to specify certain things such as the max you are willing to pay for the overall price of all of the parts, case etc all together. There are also many different sizes of PC's that you can build so you would need to make sure you research around about them and see if you can find parts that are also the right size to fit in your desired case.

I also recommend you watch a few tutorials of people actually building some computers or doing some research about it so you are familiar where you need to put things and how things work, or you could experiment with your current PC if you are willing to take it apart but I wouldn't recommend it if you are new to this.
I've had a old PC that I token apart for fun, I watched a couple videos. Doesn't seem extremely hard, I think I can do it.
I'm willing to spend no more then $700

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I've had a old PC that I token apart for fun, I watched a couple videos. Doesn't seem extremely hard, I think I can do it.
I'm willing to spend no more then $700
As you are wanting to build the computer for gaming purposes it might also be a good idea to look at the required specs of the games you would want to play before you start buying parts and also read reviews of the parts, at least then you know you are going to be able to run the games you want to smoothly without running into any issues.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
As you are wanting to build the computer for gaming purposes it might also be a good idea to look at the required specs of the games you would want to play before you start buying parts and also read reviews of the parts, at least then you know you are going to be able to run the games you want to smoothly without running into any issues.
It doesn't have to be for gaming, I dont really game. I just want a nice (really) fast and neat pc.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Low-end ones
If you aren't going to be using any software that requires a great deal of resources(e.g. high-end games, some features of Adobe products, video editing) then a decent computer would most likely run fast & neat enough. There's a wide variety of different PC's you could build, in this case would you just be looking for an average sized one or something different like a mini sized computer?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Go to pcPartpicker.com

If you don't need a powerful PC you can get 8Gb ram with an i3 or i5 with a 1TB HDD. I'm not sure what graphics card

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
If you aren't going to be using any software that requires a great deal of resources(e.g. high-end games, some features of Adobe products, video editing) then a decent computer would most likely run fast & neat enough. There's a wide variety of different PC's you could build, in this case would you just be looking for an average sized one or something different like a mini sized computer?
Average sized one.
Go to pcPartpicker.com

If you don't need a powerful PC you can get 8Gb ram with an i3 or i5 with a 1TB HDD. I'm not sure what graphics card
Do you think a 8 gb ram is good enough say for a programming pc?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Be sure all parts are compatible with each other,
(motherboards compatible with RAM you supplied)

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Be sure all parts are compatible with each other,
(motherboards compatible with RAM you supplied)
Is asus a good motherboard to start with? I found this:

GetaBath

Feb 5, 2015
Is asus a good motherboard to start with? I found this:
Asus are the best, that is a beautiful motherboard. If you can increase your budget you could get:

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4690K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R COMPACT GAMING CASE
ASUS® Z97-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB) Add more when you have more money
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready New to the market
120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET You would only need 450W, but this will give you room to upgrade later on

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Asus are the best, that is a beautiful motherboard. If you can increase your budget you could get:

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4690K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R COMPACT GAMING CASE
ASUS® Z97-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB) Add more when you have more money
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready New to the market
120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET You would only need 450W, but this will give you room to upgrade later on
Would this motherboard be better?

Users who are viewing this thread