MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Modern full-fledged & high-performance Habbo HTML5 retro powered by

I've created a where you can request features/integrations you want.

The UI will be inspired by

Last edited:

cain

insert html
May 12, 2012
I'm actually a huge fan of this. Love the styling, looks super sleek. Would be keen to see how you've designed other elements; catalogue, inventory etc.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I'm actually a huge fan of this. Love the styling, looks super sleek. Would be keen to see how you've designed other elements; catalogue, inventory etc.
The YouTube video isn't mine, but it's inspiration to what the UI will look like :)

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Stick to the original flash protocol instead of implementing custom shit like Nitro does. This way you're automatically compatible with any other emulator.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Stick to the original flash protocol instead of implementing custom shit like Nitro does. This way you're automatically compatible with any other emulator.
It includes a server. The client is NOT meant to be compatible with any other emulator, otherwise I wouldn't have used and probably gone for Rust for the server instead.
This project is meant to be an all-in-one solution for a retro.
Post automatically merged:

I'll also add for automatic deployment.

Last edited:

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Nitro uses the packet structure entirely and only added web sockets, which is a 5 minute change at best.

Retros need to quit copying Habbo. Sulake can't make mature decisions on their game and is fucking it up.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Nitro uses the packet structure entirely and only added web sockets, which is a 5 minute change at best.

Retros need to quit copying Habbo. Sulake can't make mature decisions on their game and is fucking it up.
That is exactly why the retro scene hasn't progressed any further. The copy/paste everywhere and lack of innovation is crazy.

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
By not sticking to one standard protocol, you would just fragment this community even further. Nobody willing to rewrite their client when a better server pops up. Just because Sulake makes shitty decisions regarding their gameplay, doesnt mean sticking to their protocol is a bad idea...

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
By not sticking to one standard protocol, you would just fragment this community even further. Nobody willing to rewrite their client when a better server pops up. Just because Sulake makes shitty decisions regarding their gameplay, doesnt mean sticking to their protocol is a bad idea...
I totally get your point, but that would also mean sticking to the same data structures and ideas.
I'm planning on making a blockchain integration where crypto tokens are used for credits and NFTs are used for collectibles/rares.

Last edited:

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Retro development should only be for personal goals at this point. The community is gone and retros on the top 5 have less than 5 users daily now.

It's beyond silly to deny innovation because "the community may become fragmented" as if close sourcing Arcturus didn't do just that

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

Let's always keep doing the same and not do anything different, because that works. Interoperability is a nice to have, not a must have. Phoenix was closed source and paid, and became one of the biggest things we've seen in the past. Never with the goal to swap out on an existing Emu, and even came out of the box with a CMS if you wanted to use it.

If your goal is "market share" when creating something like an emu/CMS, you're doing it for the wrong reasons, imo. If anything, creating something entirely new which can be set up in a few minutes, and is a "all included" package which is completely new, can bring the community back. Not saying that will happen, but at least he's doing something.

Instead of working on Arcturus, actively and open source, you'd rather bring other people down who are being innovative. I guess we can write that down to jealousy.

Merry Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread