★ Uhabbo Hotel ★ R63A ★ Forums ★ GTE Custom Emulator ★ Cutom CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012

Introduction:
Uhabbo was first created back in 2013-2014 and was one of the most updated hotels at the time. It had a steady user count and was on it's way to the big leagues. Sadly I was hospitalized and the hotel slowly decreased in numbers and it drew to a close. But it's BACK!, and hopefully staying for good.

We at Uhabbo don't strive to be the best, or the most updated. But we strive to offer a professional, welcoming and user friendly environment for the users to socialize with there friends. The site uses a custom made CMS, equip with it's own template engine, language system, built in forums.. that's right.. BUILT in. as well as many features still to come. The EMU is one of the first Gold Tree Emulators released that has been worked on and improved. We also have to offer our own Shoutcast radio hosted on our servers, with a sleek design built into the client for easy accessibility.

Some Images:
cHHsGPj.png

Z2HDRyw.png

8kVrpXp.png

vn5wb0Q.png

nBnzHEL.png

Final thought:
The hotel is still in open Beta, so any and all ideas and suggestions are welcome. and don't be afraid to report a bug. We won't bite you head off for breaking anything.

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
@Brad, I really don't appreciate one of your hotel members accessing one of my staff accounts to advertise your hotel. Nothing towards you, just stating what had happened.

I love love love your news articles, makes it feel like a forum xD
Thank you!, I for the most part copied the same design concept I used when coding Tardis' forum.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
@Brad, I really don't appreciate one of your hotel members accessing one of my staff accounts to advertise your hotel. Nothing towards you, just stating what had happened.

Thank you!, I for the most part copied the same design concept I used when coding Tardis' forum.
I don't control my staff lol, I don't manage them. I'm more or less just the developer & I'm hardly online, sorry to hear this though, I'll have a few words.

ONT: Looks good, like the theme, neat and organized. Good luck!

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
I don't control my staff lol, I don't manage them. I'm more or less just the developer & I'm hardly online, sorry to hear this though, I'll have a few words.

ONT: Looks good, like the theme, neat and organized. Good luck!
That's alight man, like I said I'm not pointing fingers as to who it was. I just know they came from your end and thought they'd get funky on one of my staff's accounts.

On Topic: Thanks for the kind words. Still lots to do and I wish you luck with your hotel, from what I've seen it looks superb!

Zach

Dec 29, 2015
sozi dont see potential for this it looks shit. the me page looks like i cant remmeber his name @spooderman or somethin like that its exactly his edit all u did was removed the credits nd some other crap and made it white nd bold. and changes the top bg i do like ur news nd ur client. apart from that, gl

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
sozi dont see potential for this it looks shit. the me page looks like i cant remmeber his name @spooderman or somethin like that its exactly his edit all u did was removed the credits nd some other crap and made it white nd bold. and changes the top bg i do like ur news nd ur client. apart from that, gl
Thank you for your response, but I can tell you now this CMS was coded 100% from scratch. I'm sorry the hotel didn't meet up to your expectations. If you could give me a few pointers in areas for improvement, I'd be happy to access and potentially improve/implement them.

Jaxes

Aug 30, 2015
Personally I kind of like your CMS its plain with a nice feel and some great features for example the implementing of forums. On the other hand I'm not so keen on the choice of EMU but other than that if its run correctly and managed good it will have potential! :up:

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
Personally I kind of like your CMS its plain with a nice feel and some great features for example the implementing of forums. On the other hand I'm not so keen on the choice of EMU but other than that if its run correctly and managed good it will have potential! :up:
Thank you!, I've done a lot on the EMU so far but personally, I'm not a fan of the new UI. I have been planning (once everything's fixed) to move over to one of the early builds on the New UI. There is a setting where you can toggle between the two. I think that'll settle the differences people have between the two if they option choose between them.

caution3

Dec 26, 2015

Introduction:
Uhabbo was first created back in 2013-2014 and was one of the most updated hotels at the time. It had a steady user count and was on it's way to the big leagues. Sadly I was hospitalized and the hotel slowly decreased in numbers and it drew to a close. But it's BACK!, and hopefully staying for good.

We at Uhabbo don't strive to be the best, or the most updated. But we strive to offer a professional, welcoming and user friendly environment for the users to socialize with there friends. The site uses a custom made CMS, equip with it's own template engine, language system, built in forums.. that's right.. BUILT in. as well as many features still to come. The EMU is one of the first Gold Tree Emulators released that has been worked on and improved. We also have to offer our own Shoutcast radio hosted on our servers, with a sleek design built into the client for easy accessibility.

Some Images:
cHHsGPj.png

Z2HDRyw.png

8kVrpXp.png

vn5wb0Q.png

nBnzHEL.png

Final thought:
The hotel is still in open Beta, so any and all ideas and suggestions are welcome. and don't be afraid to report a bug. We won't bite you head off for breaking anything.
My sister used to play it this. She cried after it closed. Lol

It was her favourite retro

-my view-
  • Old school
  • Neat and stable
  • Wait: Purchased pad of stickies, crashed client and now can't access site: DNS probe NXDOMAIN.
  • It was fun. 9/10 good job except for client crash

That's actually the default theme for r63b. Duh...

Are you good at making custom furniture?
If you are then why don't you make an in game news bulletin?

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
My sister used to play it this. She cried after it closed. Lol

It was her favourite retro

-my view-
  • Old school
  • Neat and stable
  • Wait: Purchased pad of stickies, crashed client and now can't access site: DNS probe NXDOMAIN.
  • It was fun. 9/10 good job except for client crash

That's actually the default theme for r63b. Duh...

Are you good at making custom furniture?
If you are then why don't you make an in game news bulletin?

You my friend are dump......

On-topic: do you have the news like system regular or is it from a forum and it's integrated?

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
You my friend are dump......

On-topic: do you have the news like system regular or is it from a forum and it's integrated?
The news is integrated into the forums, under the Hotel news section.

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
Custom forum?
Yes, haha. The forum is built into the CMS. So users don't have to leave the site, or register elsewhere... It uses there accounts! I also migrated articles/news into the forums so there all listed there for ease of access.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Nice little hotel, I'd suggest avoiding GTE though as that seems to be the only downfall of the hotel.

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
I don't honestly see a point in using GTE, let alone an R63B retro anymore. I like your forum-implemented CMS, it's unique and something users will probably enjoy. Don't see this going anywhere if you're having people gain access to your hotel like you said before. Goodluck otherwise dude, wish you luck.

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
Just some immature people decryption one of my users password. I took action straight away to sort the issue and put in place an ip checker/pin system to challenge my staff members when there accounts get accessed from an unkown source.

Not having GTE OR an R63b retro doesn't leave me with very many options, unless you're referring to PRODUCTION releases in which case I don't want. We all have our own preferences, and I prefer the old UI. Thank you for the kind words however and for taking an interest in my forums.

Can we not argue on my thread? Also my cms has a skin system like Rev. So I could make multiple themes and allow the users to switch between them? That could be a idea.
I think prioritizing features over a better UI would be the most beneficial option, but I guess that's a factual opinion? Goodluck on your hotel.

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
I think prioritizing features over a better UI would be the most beneficial option, but I guess that's a factual opinion? Goodluck on your hotel.
Thank you for the kind words

Update:
I've added a set command for the room builders. At the moment it can be used to set the height of moved/placed furniture aswell as the rotation.
I'll be adding an option soon to set the state of furniture (clicked).
CJitUtGLXY.gif

Full video can be found by clicking

Commands:
:set clear <-- clears all set variables
:set height <number> <-- sets the height variable of a furni
:set height clear <-- clears the height variable
:set rot <number> <-- sets the rotation of a furni (has to be even.. duh)
:set rot clear <-- clears the rotation variable

Update:
-Set height now works with decimals.
-Stopped users from setting odd rotations.
-Rotation and Height can't be set to negative numbers.
-Height has a range between 0 and 11
-Rotation has a range between 0 and 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mexicano

El Patrón
Aug 14, 2013
Really nice hotel man, CMS looks clean (LOVED the articles) and the emulator has nice features, looks like if you dedicate time to it. 10/10

Damien

Feb 26, 2012
Really nice hotel man, CMS looks clean (LOVED the articles) and the emulator has nice features, looks like if you dedicate time to it. 10/10
Thank you for taking you time to check it out! Sorry I was away earlier when you came on.
User count is always dead for me at the time of the night so I take advantage of it to do some work.

Update:
Been working on homes, since I have all the JavaScript and Styles. It's been tricky since ex.habbo.com is no longer around, so I'm having to figure this out as I've been going along. Progress is good though!
Editing homes works, and dragging items works (as well as there boundaries).
nTfGNOrJh2.gif

Update:
Added the friend request button on profiles (seems to have a bug is JS)
gKG6gat.png

Editing widgets works. Just need to find the update script for the skin.
TmTGwYV.png

Widgets now get pulled from the database (before they didn't for testing purposes).
0NqnyDK.png

dFc0ySQ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread