RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
Mhm.. I like that idea. Maybe for 3.0.0 and deffo for 3.0.1
Fuck. You realise all these other CMS, everyone will hate? The features for RevCMS are so great, and I love how you're taking in everyones suggestions, this is really a community effort, but great work from you. Keep it up. Proud to be a part of DevBest. Well done.

Edit: For the PayPal idea, just have in settings somewhere to put API, although I do recommend for safety reasons, to have this hidden or like password protected or something, not just rank 7, or someone will get api details, take them and enter them elsewhere, although I guess you could just hide them with the password characters, and just encrypt, god I don't know. Sounds great. Can't wait mate. (heh, it rhymes). Good luck

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Fuck. You realise all these other CMS, everyone will hate? The features for RevCMS are so great, and I love how you're taking in everyones suggestions, this is really a community effort, but great work from you. Keep it up. Proud to be a part of DevBest. Well done.

Yea go be honest I didn't expect to follow the suggestions as I'm an Apple kinda guy (jaja), but the suggestions have been really good because they're the hotel owners, they know what they want and need :)

Love you, community <3_<3

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
Yea go be honest I didn't expect to follow the suggestions as I'm an Apple kinda guy (jaja), but the suggestions have been really good because they're the hotel owners, they know what they want and need :)

Love you, community <3_<3
Yeppers. Automatic payments suck. I noticed a lot of people who edited the original ASE that came with Rev, had VIP stuff that could be used to de-rank staff so just make sure when using VIP page on your HK or w/e you call it, query can only be made if rank == 1 or < 2 or whatever. Therefore, people can't give VIP to staff and have their rank changed. Then just return error message, when I can find my ASE, that I had for Rev 2.0, I'll see if I can find what I had in it, so I can make a few more suggestions. But yeah, all these suggestions have been great and can't wait to see them used. Finally, someone putting effort into a very important tool. ;)

Mitchul

Sledmoresux
Feb 18, 2012
That's no problem ;)

Maybe, I'm looking into it.

1) Thinking about it, I think released a tool for this -- maybe I'll take a look
2) Planned and will be done
3) Planned and will bedone
4) It's possible, but I don't think it'll be in the first release
5) Planned and will be one
6) Will do.

-------------------------------------------------

Ok, about those harmful MUS commands..

Now, if jQuery detects that the 'Header' field is equal to 'shutdown' or 'exe', an input field saying 'Security code' will appear, and you will have to put in it a security code which you will put in your config file or whatever ( I'm planning on changing config type )

ALSO, Administrators can reset users passwords, if requested :p Although they need to provide their email, or if you do it again, security key?

RobDobson

Aug 21, 2011
Here's a suggestion: Little alerts or messages on the user's homepage which can be dismissed when they've read them. They'd be sent from housekeeping, and stored in the db until the user dismisses the message. Kinda like the site alert function in PHPretro.

It's just a small feature and only and idea, but it would come in usefull for notifying specific users to changes in their account such as VIP expiring or being added, and also it would be ideal if the user is signed up with a fake email.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Here's a suggestion: Little alerts or messages on the user's homepage which can be dismissed when they've read them. They'd be sent from housekeeping, and stored in the db until the user dismisses the message. Kinda like the site alert function in PHPretro.

It's just a small feature and only and idea, but it would come in usefull for notifying specific users to changes in their account such as VIP expiring or being added, and also it would be ideal if the user is signed up with a fake email.

For the icecron theme I don't think I'll do it. But I definitely will for the Habbo theme. :)

UPDATEZ

Coded edit bot, add bot and delete bot. - 1 Screenie only 'cause I'm lazy ;)

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-29%20at%2011.58.29%20AM.png

NOTE: Need to fix the <select> form on editing

Mitchul

Sledmoresux
Feb 18, 2012
For the icecron theme I don't think I'll do it. But I definitely will for the Habbo theme. :)

UPDATEZ

Coded edit bot, add bot and delete bot. - 1 Screenie only 'cause I'm lazy ;)

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-29%20at%2011.58.29%20AM.png

NOTE: Need to fix the <select> form on editing
Looks hawt ;3 You should be able to make the Menus on the left hide-able or something :)

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Is there an "Update all" button to?

Nop, I think that is kinda... Meh. Since most of the time you just edit 1 or two fields, nonetheless update all of the info - makes no sense.

Working on campaigns and then will work on logging in from the account of another user, and that'll be it for the Housekeeping until Heaplink gets on and does some stuff such as..

• Designing <tables>
  • Make a design for a widget browser/search and editor.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Nop, I think that is kinda... Meh. Since most of the time you just edit 1 or two fields, nonetheless update all of the info - makes no sense.

Working on campaigns and then will work on logging in from the account of another user, and that'll be it for the Housekeeping until Heaplink gets on and does some stuff such as..

• Designing <tables>
  • Make a design for a widget browser/search and editor.

What Emulator Will It be using a Phoenix emulator Or RevEmu?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Be best to just use the update and apply the mus trigger to per update that needs it :p - But looks good ;D.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
What Emulator Will It be using a Phoenix emulator Or RevEmu?

It'll be dynamically compatible with:

• RevEmu ( RevEmu uses Phoenix's database I think, so.. yea. Mentioning because it rocks )
  • Phoenix
  • Hang-Glider
  • uberEmu
  • Butterfly
  • Blunk ( Privately )

Be best to just use the update and apply the mus trigger to per update that needs it :p - But looks good ;D.

Mhm.. true - will do that!

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
It'll be dynamically compatible with:

• RevEmu ( RevEmu uses Phoenix's database I think, so.. yea. Mentioning because it rocks )
  • Phoenix
  • Hang-Glider
  • uberEmu
  • Butterfly
  • Blunk ( Privately )

Mhm.. true - will do that!
Thank you

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
OnTopic:
I love The Development Way to go :D
OffTopic:
I Also Hope one day youll Develop into other areas Make your self rich [LEGALLY] unlike Phoenix Owner,
I bet Ud make a MEAN ass Forum JS :p

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Well, I have some small ideas, that will help lost accounts! Hear me out:
Since RevCMS has a PIN, for when you register, let's put that into use! When a user has forgot his/her password, they can click on 'Forgot Password' and when they click on it, a little box, like on habbo, pops up... And in this box it'll ask for there; Username & Email & PIN - If they get all this correct, it'll reset their password to a random password or something like that, or, you don't have to use the PIN idea, just the email idea, so it allows users to click on a reset link if they forgot their password...

But, I'm planning on closing my hotel until this CMS gets finished, as I'm sick of UberCMS and all the other CMS's...

And also, I don't know if this has been asked, but this will be capable with the current RevCMS (1.9.9), like all owners have to do is replace there current revcms with the new one when it's released...

Mitchul

Sledmoresux
Feb 18, 2012

But, I'm planning on closing my hotel until this CMS gets finished, as I'm sick of UberCMS and all the other CMS's...

And also, I don't know if this has been asked, but this will be capable with the current RevCMS (1.9.9), like all owners have to do is replace there current revcms with the new one when it's released...
Yes, although you'll have to update the {hotelname} {user} shit

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

Actually that was my idea and... It'll be easy to make your new theme compatible with Rev ;)

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Well, sounds great! Is there a possible release date, I know it's been asked a lot, but maybe there should be a estimate, possible release date. As I don't want to continue my hotel on a shit CMS, UberCMS. But, I wish you the best of luck, and It'll be the BEST CMS release, I know it!

EDIT: Will RevCMS 3 be capable with CloudFlare?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Actually that was my idea and... It'll be easy to make your new theme compatible with Rev ;)

It's a good idea, still I think it is a but unsafe. Because the PIN option isn't really in use in the current RevCMS releases, people don't take it to serious and have passwords like '0000'. Other people will mostly use their date of birth or something else that is easily to crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread