RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Just did a pretty neat way to do ACL ( Access Control List ) which will be editable in the Housekeeping when I change my config values to Serialized. This will allow you to pick who has access to what in the Dashboard.

Also, I just did a pretty complete to-do list of the suggestions I liked the most and my own ideas plus things that need a clean-up and such.

Let's get to work! :D

--------------------------------

Also - edited thread title since everything is so dynamic it can be any revision you want.

keiller

Mr Tutorial Man
Jun 9, 2012
This is going to be so good! Keep up the good work, i can't wait until it's released! ;]

OFT: Youtube video doesn't work on the first page?

RobDobson

Aug 21, 2011
Just did a pretty neat way to do ACL ( Access Control List ) which will be editable in the Housekeeping when I change my config values to Serialized. This will allow you to pick who has access to what in the Dashboard.

Also, I just did a pretty complete to-do list of the suggestions I liked the most and my own ideas plus things that need a clean-up and such.

Let's get to work! :D

--------------------------------

Also - edited thread title since everything is so dynamic it can be any revision you want.

Should Post the to-do list here so we know what to look forward to, and how much work you have to do!! :)

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Should Post the to-do list here so we know what to look forward to, and how much work you have to do!! :)

Let's hope fags don't steal teh ideas.

TO-DO

FOR 3.0.0

Code clean-up and Organization
  • Change configuration to Serialized data
  • Make an installer page for installing the CMS
  • Implement more databases and fix the current ones with tiny errors.
  • Do more Controllers and Models, at the moment all in 'User' and shouldn't be like that.
Features
  • Change config to Serialized arrays
  • Admin and Mod login on Maintenance
  • Access another user's acc from Housekeeping
  • Ticket system (For non-urgent support).
  • Configuration on Housekeeping
  • Custom room building
  • Live chatlog
  • Site statistics
  • ACL
  • Add languages
FOR FUTURE RELEASES

Features
  • Groups and Homes
  • RP Edition
  • Staff forum in Dashboard
  • Paypal purchases handling
  • Live chatlog
Anything I should add?

RobDobson

Aug 21, 2011
I particularly like the idea of a ticket system and the admin and mod login in maintenance.

As for ideas, erm, maybe a little box on the homepage that can be edited from housekeeping for convenience. I'd use it as sort of a CMS welcome message to notify users of problems/bugs before they enter the client. That's just a random idea that popped into my head though.

PS: you put live chatlogs twice ;)

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
D: everything (like the live chat logs and forums) i just finished making :( OH WELL! Cant wait for the release tis this will be Rev(olutionary)!

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Now config is handled with serialized data, which you will be able to edit on the installer and then whenever you want to anything you will be able to just edit everything on the Housekeeping.

The thing is, only people with the rank 7 will be able to edit this but on some hotels you will find noobs who are Rank 7 and may mess with it.
What's the solution, Mr. Hotel Owners?

• 1) Only let rank 7, it should be fine - just put a warning on the page saying to not mess with it and log every action of the page
    • Answer: Good idea, any more ideas?
  • 2) Only let user ID '1' edit it, so only the founder can.
    • Answer: Maybe
  • 3) Make a PIN to edit it!
    • Answer: So, where will you edit suck PIN
      • Response: In the database!
        • Answer: No.
  • 4) Other
    • Post it below!

RobDobson

Aug 21, 2011
Maybe have the hotel owner define a master password in the install script. That way the password is only made once, and cannot be changed because the install script should be deleted after setup. This password could then also be used for other delicate housekeeping operations.

If that doesn't make sense, ignore me, :D

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Maybe have the hotel owner define a master password in the install script. That way the password is only made once, and cannot be changed because the install script should be deleted after setup. This password could then also be used for other delicate housekeeping operations.

Actually that would be rather nice, people can't get into the main parts of the database unless they know the password, but I'd prefer having a ranking that you can manually edit in the database that allows a certain rank to go to parts throughout the housekeeping, it'd be much easily managed that way and you can set permissions to what you want the ranks to be able to view in housekeeping. Kinda like PhoenixPHP was, you select which parts of housekeeping they can view.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

Actually, I'd only need 1 PIN code or master password for that -- after that, every rank EVERYTHING is editable throughout the Dashboard.

I think I'll do it that way ;P

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
So, I will be using cecer's heightmap editor for the room designer -- I'll see if I can make it any prettier or see if can do it with he's not busy. Also I will add a button so when you click it, it inserts the room model into the database and be ready to use it!

Also I just coded the back-end for the config editor in the Dashboard, now I'll do some PHP work - html here and there and it'll be finished ^^

-----------------------------------

SUM SCREENIES

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-01%20at%208.41.08%20PM.png

Sulake

never le nkemise
Jun 10, 2012
So, I will be using cecer's heightmap editor for the room designer -- I'll see if I can make it any prettier or see if can do it with he's not busy. Also I will add a button so when you click it, it inserts the room model into the database and be ready to use it!

Also I just coded the back-end for the config editor in the Dashboard, now I'll do some PHP work - html here and there and it'll be finished ^^

-----------------------------------

SUM SCREENIES

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-01%20at%208.41.08%20PM.png
Nice!Can't wait for the release :DDDDDDD

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Wow. Just Wow.
Going really well! Cant wait for the release :)
tytyty

---------------------

UPDATEZ

Finished the Access-Control-List, now I will have to do a quick method to get it and use it to check if you have the access to a certain page and find a nice way to retrieve all the config values ;P

A couple of little unfinished but a preview of what's to come screenies.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-02%20at%201.46.39%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-02%20at%201.46.49%20AM.png

RobDobson

Aug 21, 2011
tytyty

---------------------

UPDATEZ

Finished the Access-Control-List, now I will have to do a quick method to get it and use it to check if you have the access to a certain page and find a nice way to retrieve all the config values ;P

A couple of little unfinished but a preview of what's to come screenies.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-02%20at%201.46.39%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-02%20at%201.46.49%20AM.png

Wow! Actually can't wait for 3.0, Kryptos, it's actually amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread