RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I hate the font used for the register page (the small text underneath the textboxes), I hate how you don't have to confirm your password, just incase someone enters the incorrect password and they can't login! And, you need to remove the captcha text in the navigator of the register (top) - You also need to go back and use the old news articles for the me page, and maybe install campaigns and minimail. You're going to have to finish the character settings, but the rest seems great! But, I do think there's still a lot of work needing to be done on the Habbo theme, and I, along with all the other users, want a built in webbuild, as it'll make the CMS more portable, and they'll work offline.

The font, ok I'll work on it. I'm not changing the confirm password, if you type'd it wrong we'll send you a new one. By the captcha text I'll remove it. Character settings is almost 100%, just refreshing figures does not work. Built in web build is already in and the news stays like this.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I see stuff I really like - the news page looks REALLY good, also it has a build-in comment function. And there is something I was wondring about. I saw a "Me" page. Does this mean you are gonna include homes? Also because some of the links where redirecting to some group pages of Habbo.com.

I don't think he did that on purpose, and I think it's an bug in the code.

ProLegitZ

Jacob is here bitch !
May 11, 2012
Yea not a bad idea

-------------

Anywhores, I tested the installers and even though the code is ugly ( not hardcoding or anything, but it's ugly :( ) but whatever, only gonna be used once.

I now need to add more stuff to the install page so everything works just right :) 
Installer screenie, it's not that big but didn't fit in the screenie.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-18%20at%2012.32.42%20AM.png
better for noobs,
amazingly.

Joopie

Sep 13, 2011
The font, ok I'll work on it. I'm not changing the confirm password, if you type'd it wrong we'll send you a new one. By the captcha text I'll remove it. Character settings is almost 100%, just refreshing figures does not work. Built in web build is already in and the news stays like this.

I just sent you the refreshing figures.

Demo:

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
What's up with the news? There is like 5 images on it and it looks really untidy. Also are you planning to make a different nwes comments for people who don't want to give their facebook away?

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Unless you guys dont know how to read, Kryptos said the habbo theme was not done yet...
Plus you can import a theme that you made for the past revcms build, with simply editing only a few things.. 
Either way, you got a good theme. :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Unless you guys dont know how to read, Kryptos said the habbo theme was not done yet...
Plus you can import a theme that you made for the past revcms build, with simply editing only a few things.. 

Agreed. The Habbo theme already looks awesome though. I hope that there will also be a second option for comments (like Qodex said).

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I just sent you the refreshing figures.

Demo:

Thanks Jos, love you <3_<3

What's up with the news? There is like 5 images on it and it looks really untidy. Also are you planning to make a different nwes comments for people who don't want to give their facebook away?

Because the image is too small, it's one of the old ones.

I thought the habbo theme was going to be better, I'm kind of dissapointed though..

... Unless you can state reasons, get the fuck out.

Finally someone with common sense.

Agreed. The Habbo theme already looks awesome though. I hope that there will also be a second option for comments (like Qodex said).

Hello, although I think this option for comments is the best - I can use a third party software.. Doing your own comments is really tricky.

RobDobson

Aug 21, 2011
Well, put it this way, I can't code properly, and I managed it....
It seems to automatically define it's own set of comments for each news permalink... But i dont really know
Try it and you'll see what I mean

Hypomethic

Jul 18, 2012
RevCMS is a good CMS to use, It's kind of better than UberCMS cause It is easy to setup and work. so I love RevCMS, Good luck Kryptos.

Hypomethic

Jul 18, 2012
Mhm, I'll recommend something is that if you release this can you create a fully working automatic updater?

I don't know how to express what I mean cause It will become very very confusing.

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
Kryptos, NoEffex did it for 1.9.9.9 on the Shango theme and I have a hard time believing he is a better coder than you.....

( No offence no effex )

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Kryptos, NoEffex did it for 1.9.9.9 on the Shango theme and I have a hard time believing he is a better coder than you.....

( No offence no effex )

I'm not saying I can't do it, I'm saying it's tricky because you'd have to do a whole new table - where as in using third-party software, they store the comments for you plus it's one less SQL query.. On the other hand with disqus, your site has to register and I don't really like owners going through that hassle, and every hotel has a Facebook account now-a-days.

To sum it up, I know what I am talking about and I feel insulted of how you dare to insinuate I can't do it. I am much smarter and think about this kind of things.

Mhm, I'll recommend something is that if you release this can you create a fully working automatic updater?

I don't know how to express what I mean cause It will become very very confusing.

I could but what if you've made your own edits to Rev and only don't want to update X folder? You will just have to be alert on the Git or the Release thread.

---------------

ANYWAYS,

I will now..

• Work on the refreshing figures, which should take me no time thanks to
  • Fix up a bit of the installer
  • Work on the staff page
On the comments - I think Facebook drives the users to be more socially open and engaging, and I will be using it - if I see it isn't working as expected, I will make a plugin for disqus ( Will probably do it either way )

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
I never said you couldn't do it, your making all this ofc I know you can do it I just thought it would be better so people don't have to expose themselves.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks Jos, love you <3_<3

Because the image is too small, it's one of the old ones.

... Unless you can state reasons, get the fuck out.

Finally someone with common sense.

Hello, although I think this option for comments is the best - I can use a third party software.. Doing your own comments is really tricky.
So what, because you're admin, staff, or whatever, it gives you the right to tell me to get the fuck out? I was just stating my opinion.
And if you want my reasons, here they are;

I don't like the login image
The register page isn't good, it doesn't have a password re-checker (so they have to enter in their password 2 times)
I don't like the news/articles display on the me page
It doesn't have campaigns
Article page title is Habbo's page not found title
Staff page doesn't seem to work?

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
I just love how half of the people watching the development are two faced. You dont't really support Kryptos. Al you want is the cms and gtfo of here.
So what, because you're admin, staff, or whatever, it gives you the right to tell me to get the fuck out? I was just stating my opinion.
And if you want my reasons, here they are;

I don't like the login image
The register page isn't good, it doesn't have a password re-checker (so they have to enter in their password 2 times)
I don't like the news/articles display on the me page
It doesn't have campaigns
Article page title is Habbo's page not found title
Staff page doesn't seem to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread