RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDev

Apr 20, 2012
So, it's 3AM and I just finished making the best database you nubs will ever witness!

I will work on it a bit more and then pass it on to the rest of the team :)

Define why it is the best database we will ever witness? ;)

also..

*gives cookie for your hard work*

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Define why it is the best database we will ever witness? ;)

also..

*gives cookie for your hard work*

Because it's the table's names are so sexy ( PascalCase ), the right indexes where they must be, it's all so tidy and organized, relational database design, etc.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Had a peak, looks pretty nice :D! He's done so much fucking work on it lately, it's been a development worth waiting for.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
The development, and the new theme is great! Can't wait! But, there's a problem :( When I go to register (just testing things like register, etc), it doesn't work, it just goes back to the same page (date of birth) and doesn't continue to the next register step, so, I don't know if this is a problem, or just still in development.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
The development, and the new theme is great! Can't wait! But, there's a problem :( When I go to register (just testing things like register, etc), it doesn't work, it just goes back to the same page (date of birth) and doesn't continue to the next register step, so, I don't know if this is a problem, or just still in development.

Must be new then, I just tried and have the exact same error, probably a slight mistake, didn't even know he put the new build up :D!

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

Oh yea, well since my localhost and the cpanel are different ( something to do with files being case sensitive ), had to rename the files to all-lowercase.

It should work now ;)

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
CRRmZiX6wCNz.png

Kryptos working on the installer, that I just crafted.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Forgot my e-mail for RevCMS - mind changing it to another one? ([email protected])
Username: Northsider

Looking suuuu good. Maybe E-mail and Username log-in? As I think this will cause problems with the most current users on major hotels.

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
Oh, I thought it gave you the options to put your MySQL details in and the admin account ect like PHPRetro and HabbpPHP

Qodex

Feb 9, 2012
Ik. But normally it overwrites it so its more noob friendly and 'noobs' don't have try and find the config file also it will reduce spam

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Ik. But normally it overwrites it so its more noob friendly and 'noobs' don't have try and find the config file also it will reduce spam

Our config file isn't like that.

----------------------------------------

So, I finished coding the installer - it should work but I will test it later tonight. Now to take a break.

Installer info:
  • You go to
  • You fill in all fields
  • RevCMS 3.0 writes the configuration file based on your input
  • RevCMS 3.0 creates an admin account rank '7' for your user
  • You delete the /install/ folder
  • Enjoy!

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Looking good Kryptos!
Are you planning on adding in some addons similar to what uber had? Like um.., News catergorys, Campaigns..
But i think that all depends on what skin your using right? If yeah, then i guess you could just let the community help out on micky mouse things like that :lol:

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Forgot my e-mail for RevCMS - mind changing it to another one? ([email protected])
Username: Northsider

Looking suuuu good. Maybe E-mail and Username log-in? As I think this will cause problems with the most current users on major hotels.

Done

Looking good Kryptos!
Are you planning on adding in some addons similar to what uber had? Like um.., News catergorys, Campaigns..
But i think that all depends on what skin your using right? If yeah, then i guess you could just let the community help out on micky mouse things like that :lol:

Yea I have some shiz planned.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
You should finish client so we can all sit on client while you code? xD
Yea not a bad idea

-------------

Anywhores, I tested the installers and even though the code is ugly ( not hardcoding or anything, but it's ugly :( ) but whatever, only gonna be used once.

I now need to add more stuff to the install page so everything works just right :) 
Installer screenie, it's not that big but didn't fit in the screenie.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-18%20at%2012.32.42%20AM.png

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
I hate the font used for the register page (the small text underneath the textboxes), I hate how you don't have to confirm your password, just incase someone enters the incorrect password and they can't login! And, you need to remove the captcha text in the navigator of the register (top) - You also need to go back and use the old news articles for the me page, and maybe install campaigns and minimail. You're going to have to finish the character settings, but the rest seems great! But, I do think there's still a lot of work needing to be done on the Habbo theme, and I, along with all the other users, want a built in webbuild, as it'll make the CMS more portable, and they'll work offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread