XAMPP stops working

Caleeb

Nov 21, 2011
Well, I've been using XAMPP v1.7.7 frequently to develop website applications using PHP, Java and ajax but apparently every time I go to localhost it just tells me its loading but never loads. I have never had this error before, it just now started doing it. XAMPP and MySQL are running just fine. I have re-installed the program AND restarted my computer several times but seems nothing is fixed. I have cleared cookies, cache, history data everything possible but still I have the same results.

If anyone knows what is going on, I would love the help. Thanks.

Jake7282

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Jan 2, 2012
Well, I've been using XAMPP v1.7.7 frequently to develop website applications using PHP, Java and ajax but apparently every time I go to localhost it just tells me its loading but never loads. I have never had this error before, it just now started doing it. XAMPP and MySQL are running just fine. I have re-installed the program AND restarted my computer several times but seems nothing is fixed. I have cleared cookies, cache, history data everything possible but still I have the same results.

If anyone knows what is going on, I would love the help. Thanks.

Does Apache start? If not close skype if it is open!

Caleeb

Nov 21, 2011
Apache and mysql services are both started. Skype isn't even installed on my computer. All ports are open just when I go to the website "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" it doesn't load.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Try one of below:

1. Make a folder with a file (index.html e.g.) and go to it in the browser.
2. Make sure theres no files that runs a script in the root if #1 works.
3. use netstat -ao and find established/listening processes using the port and terminate those who use port 80.
4. Reboot your computer. Make sure to stop Apache & MySQL
5. Reinstall XAMPP; backup your htdocs folder and reinstall XAMPP, then paste the htdocs folder back into the right directory.

If none of above works, I don't know what will.
Also, do NOT run Apache and MySQL as service (svc) - This cause a lot of problems for people.

Users who are viewing this thread