Which theme do you prefer?

Which theme do you prefer?

• Total voters

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
After viewing them both on a mobile device, I feel the first theme has a much smoother responsive feel and looks a lot more "clean". However, if you do plan on focusing around gaming, the second theme feels a little more suitable and practical for it.

I would agree, I'm personally a fan of BlogDrops for desktop, but Place seems much more appealing on mobile.

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
I really like the 'Place' one. It's great, easy on the eye and looks really professional.

Puridee

Jan 20, 2011
In my opinion at least, I believe the theme is more recognized as a Gaming/Technology theme more than the Place theme which looks more like a professional/business forum. My favorite feature of the BlogDrop theme is the the navigation top bar stays put as you scroll so there's no need for the "back on top" button :D. Also, the navigation tabs can be use for Forum categories if you would consider for example. The tab that says "Shortcodes" can be renamed to "Forums" and drop-down a list of categories that are on the forums (the top categories, that are used more than the others - Habbo, Coding, Graphics, and General Chat). And I also believe the index of the theme is perfect for Forum Announcements & News - it's very aware that it'll be used for that anyway (like the current XenForo theme).

P.S. The only different thing between the themes are the headers. But BlogDrops ftw!

Thanks, Puridee. "In need of any coding technology or security software? Visit today!"

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Oh hell no, Blogdrops? It looks more modern. Place looks out dated. If we are using Xenforo what's more modern than any other forum out there then use Blogdrops!

Unless you want to go all MyBB on us then choose Place! VOMS.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I would agree, I'm personally a fan of BlogDrops for desktop, but Place seems much more appealing on mobile.

Well, you'd have to think of it this way.. Which percentage of our users visit on mobile regularly? As far as I'm aware it's pretty low.

Anyways, I must agree that Place does look quite nice. But it's not the suitable theme for our content. Our content fits on BlogDrops a lot nicer than it would on Place.
Personally I think BlogDrops looks nicer anyways.

I really like the 'Place' one. It's great, easy on the eye and looks really professional.
Looks really professional - Exactly. It doesn't belong here. Gaming does not go with the "professional" look. You want something a little messy looking. Where all the boxes don't line up. It fits what DevBest is aiming to do.

I like place due to it's possibilities.
Can you please share the possibilities this theme has that the other lacks? Both themes are quite easy to edit. I don't see where Place stands out more on the possibilities compared to BlogSpots.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012

Then use BlogDrops for Online and Place for mobile with a relink on the site for when you use phones to access that site...

xSeanx

~ps3~ ~Gamer~ ~Add thehacker0005~ ;)
Jun 13, 2013
Blogdrops (one) cos it looks like its a really nice and it will look good and its not to simple and it has detail more then place.

Users who are viewing this thread